Need opinions on a bad deal with Tim Bowles of Arboreals of the Rainforest!!! - Page 17 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Closed Thread

Old 07-24-2003, 01:42 AM   #161
Darin Chappell
Gottcha . . .Sorry if I took it wrongly.

Old 07-24-2003, 05:41 PM   #162
Ghi Reptiles
Hey Darin,

Not a problem....probably just as much my fault for not being clear! Besides me deal and now Jims deal with the breeding size/not breeding size animal another recent deal has come to light. From what I understand Tim sold a male northern to a very prominant breeder. He got a cage together and when approached Tim for the animal he came to find out that Tim sold it to someone else. When he asked what he was suppose to do with the cage he bought for this animal he was told he would have to put something else in it. The breeder did not pay in advance for the animal but he still got shafted. But there is just some more proof that something was going on and thats why I had to pay for the animal in full before receiving her. Another guy that didn't have to pay up front...hmmmmmmm.

Old 07-24-2003, 06:34 PM   #163
jim scharphorn
Quote:
Originally posted by Ghi Reptiles

Yes Jim did get an emerald from Tim that would be 'breeding size' this year. I think at 700grams Jim you have about two years to go before she will safely be big enough! Was the purchase price based on her being breedable this year?

Yes I strongly told Tim more than once that I was only buying the animal for breeding purpose this coming season and he asssuered me it would be big enough.

I have the e-mails to prove it.

I now have to find another one because this one will not be ready.

Old 07-24-2003, 10:35 PM   #164
Marcial Mendez
Lightbulb Hey Jim

Hey Jim,

Are you going to pay him full price for the animal he sent you, or are you going to send iy back? Just curious...

Old 07-24-2003, 10:52 PM   #165
HerpVenue
Truly Sad.

I was staying out of this thread with great hopes that Tim would do the right thing.

but in the end we get the following FACTS.

He asked for money up front on this animal....But did not ask for any money up front on the others..... hhhhhmmmm fishy.

He makes sure you understand that if shipped UPS he takes NO RESPONSIBILITY.....not too fishy happens all the time.

Then You get an animal that the experts and the vets say was sick / is sick for a very very long time. And is quite obvious it was injected with fluids.

Then he blames it on the shipping company (UPS must have opened the box and shot the animal up with the fluids.....common practice with UPS I guess)

And now he gets a lawyer because HE decided to sell you a VERY VERY sick animal.....nice move Tim

Then he sells a "breedable" female to someone....and it can't breed for another 1-2 years......nice one tim

With the aforementioned FACTS. It is my belief and opinion that NO ONE should do business with him.

TELL THAT TO THE CRUMMY LAWYER WHO IS STUPID ENOUGH TO TAKE YOUR LOSING CASE!!!!

I hate to say it.....and I also promised someone I would not say his name in a negative light.....but here goes.

Hey TIM !!!!! Following in Joe P's footsteps aren't we?
You who had ALL those negative things to say about JOE P.
Now we all know why you hated him so much. He reminded you of yourself.

THIS IS DISGUSTING.
tIM YOU ARE DISGUSTING.

Old 07-25-2003, 12:21 AM   #166
Brian Oakley
Ritchie,
you never sease to amaze me in your words! On the flip side, I cannot agree with you more.

On another point, I really wonder what kind of lawyer would take a case that has PROOF posted on a world wide forum for everyone to see that states knowledgable and VET opinions (after tests as well) that Tim sent Matt a snake that was put in this position by no means natural (how is that for run-on sentence...lol).
Whether this lawyer is a reptile "guru" or not, the evidence is STACKED HIGH against Tim. Just seems like Tim hired the same kind of guy that TIm is being...........one who is after someones MONEY!!
Brian Oakley

Old 07-25-2003, 06:28 AM   #167
jim scharphorn
I e-mailed Tim about the size of the snake and he offered no solution but to feed it . It will surprise me with weight gain.

I feed her last night and she is a good eater.

1 thing I have noticed is she has a very big head for the size of her body.
I am hoping she does not have parisites. And I need to do a fecal to find out, after she gives me some.

Matt sold this animal to Tim about a year ago and it would have been nice to know what the weight was when Tim recieved it.

Old 07-25-2003, 06:50 AM   #168
Marcial Mendez
???

So Jim... are you keeping it? If you are, I at least hope you're not going to pay full price... don't let him get away with it on you! You have the animal & the money!

Old 07-25-2003, 07:31 AM   #169
Randy Bennett
sick new locality

Apparently Tim has decided to flush himself down the toilet.Sad to see someone who was once respected throw it all away on a total scam.
HEY TIM! CUT YOUR LOSSES.
RETURN MATT'S MONEY.
The only one you're fooling
is yourself.It's like watching
a train wreck in slow motion and the only one that can stop it is Tim himself.Do you really want to be remembered for this?

Old 07-25-2003, 09:56 AM   #170
herpcondo
Well Matt , the way i look at it,,, if has a lawyer,,, don't let his retainer go to waste, sue him and recover your money. i am sure because of the amount of money it is a felony. and with the evidence you have, it should be an open and shut case.
by the way how is the snake doing..?
i know it would be a pain to sue him, but it is worth the pain to show him that he cannot do people like this and just"walk away from it" for the amount the retainer probably cost him, he could have thrown in a few more dollars, and just done the right thing... kinda funny huh,,?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread