Need opinions on a bad deal with Tim Bowles of Arboreals of the Rainforest!!! - Page 20 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Closed Thread

Old 07-28-2003, 05:36 PM   #191
MSRHINOVIPER
Hey Matt, I was hoping for better news on her. I am hoping for the best for you. Hate to see all this happening. I wish her the best and you too.
If you find out what site he has put them in will you let us all know? Thanks for keeping me informed about her.
See ya,
Shawn

Old 07-28-2003, 06:59 PM   #192
Ghi Reptiles
Hey Shawn,

I guess what I am saying is there are no pictures. He told one of his friends he had no recent pics of her. Another friend of his is trying to help him by saying this to me. I guess he thinks I am nieve.

Old 07-28-2003, 08:03 PM   #193
Gary O
Man

Matt

You are not getting any rest huh. Two threads over 200 posts wow.

I still would like to see them pics that Tim has if he has them. But right now it seems to me that we will never see them.

Old 07-29-2003, 12:49 PM   #194
Rob Hill/Geckos Anonymous
I do find something mildly humorous in all this mess...

For ONCE, we have someone who claims to have retained legal council, was possibly told to keep quiet, and actually SHUT UP! lol

I guess someone that WAS on the good side and chasing bad guys learned from their mistakes and is keeping his mouth shut. Though of course, it doesn't make anyone here think any better of him.

Though I am a bit confused, didn't Tim host the Arboreals Gathering earlier this year at his home? It would seem that he's going through an aweful lot of trouble to just flush whatever rep he had down the lou. It's a real shame...

Oh, and whoever got that "ready to breed" female(sorry, I don't remember your name at this moment, but I know I should), I don't think you owe Tim Bowles another DIME. He did not hold up to his end of the bargain, and he sent you an animal that is not what you were paying for. You were paying for a female emerald that could breed this year. You received a female that still has at least another year or two to go before she could breed. If it was me in your shoes, I'd just keep the extra $600 you owed him and use it to invest in a female that actually CAN breed this year.

Old 07-29-2003, 01:31 PM   #195
jim scharphorn
Hey Rob, Thanks for the input. I am not going to totaly screw Tim out of his money but maybe I will wait to pay for it until it is big enough to breed ? What do you think of that ? anyone ?

Old 07-29-2003, 01:38 PM   #196
jim scharphorn
And Yes he hosted the arboreal Gathering. Greg Maxwell, Jeff Hudson, Tom Phillips and a few others were their also, And myself.
Tim invited me and apperintly was talking bad about me behind my back and telling people not to sell to me. and He then sent me this snake up front with no money down. ??

I am looking for a snake to breed this year and plan on buying that before paying Tim if he gets anything at all.

Old 07-29-2003, 01:52 PM   #197
Rob Hill/Geckos Anonymous
Jim,

I think holding off on the rest of the payment until she is actually ready to breed is a cool idea, though I personally think he should'nt get anymore from you than he already has, but what you are proposing is a novel idea. You were obviously lied to, and then when you complained, were offered no other solution but to feed her. Food won't make that snake breedable in the next couple of months.

What I find really interesting, Jim, is that he supposedly doesn't even like you, yet he sent you an animal with nothing down, then made his "friend" Matt pay the whole amount upfront on a mostly dead snake.

Sounds almost like an intentional scam to get Matt for whatever reason.

A real shame. Guess all his good guy work, morals, and business ethics have gone out the window.

Old 07-29-2003, 02:02 PM   #198
jim scharphorn
I think he seen bigger dollars in his eyes. Our agreement was for me to pay $600 or come down to his place for a weekend and help him remodel his basement. ( I am a drywaller by trade Owner/ operator ) I told him I would like to come and work it off for a stake and a snake if I can get down there. ( I thought we were freinds ) So he sent it to me. I have not given him a dime yet.

Old 07-29-2003, 02:10 PM   #199
Darin Chappell
Where are all the people who continually whine about the "BOI clique"? After all, since Tim has been around for so long and seen as a good guy throughout, shouldn't we all be willing to overlook his apparent turn in character and go pick on someone new to the BOI????

Just had to point it out for future whiners!

Tim,

Do what's right here. Your reputation may yet be salvageable, but that option dwindles away a bit more every day.

Old 07-29-2003, 10:30 PM   #200
ScottsReptiles
Quote:
Originally posted by Rob Hill/Geckos Anonymous

Though I am a bit confused, didn't Tim host the Arboreals Gathering earlier this year at his home? It would seem that he's going through an aweful lot of trouble to just flush whatever rep he had down the lou. It's a real shame...
Yes... and it was a very fun event! I hope we have more of them!!!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread