FedEx Packaging Test Application- Does it need to be overnighted? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shipping

Notices

Shipping Forum for all issues concerning shipping, shipping companies, and anything directly related to moving animals and products via commercial carriers.

Old 06-17-2010, 01:00 PM   #1
Focal
FedEx Packaging Test Application- Does it need to be overnighted?

Sorry I just sat on hold for 20 minutes to speak to a rep, hung up, and then realized I forgot to ask her this question:

When shipping the test package for certification, does the package need to be shipped overnight? I would perfer shipping it the slower, cheaper way, but don't feel like hindering the process.

Thanks

Nick

Old 06-17-2010, 01:02 PM   #2
Shadera
Two day works just fine. Good luck!

Old 06-17-2010, 04:08 PM   #3
Khaman
If you contact the test lab they will give you a number to bill the package to if you ship it two day, it will cost you nothing.

Old 06-18-2010, 03:45 AM   #4
sinisterserpents1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khaman View Post
If you contact the test lab they will give you a number to bill the package to if you ship it two day, it will cost you nothing.
Wished I'd known this! I just mailed mine yesterday and paid for it. I did it 2 day ground also. Can't wait to be able to ship again!!!

Old 06-18-2010, 09:34 AM   #5
six3sin
are they still doing that??? i have heard they dont pay for it any longer. i thought about getting fedx certified also.

Old 06-18-2010, 10:01 AM   #6
Khaman
Quote:
Originally Posted by six3sin View Post
are they still doing that??? i have heard they dont pay for it any longer. i thought about getting fedx certified also.
Yeah, they pay for two day air just ask the testing dept to give you the account number to bill it to.

Old 06-18-2010, 10:32 AM   #7
TripleMoonsExotic
Does anyone know if they periodically change the account number? I considered posting it on this thread, but think that might not be such a wise thing to do...I would be willing to give it out privately by request.

Old 06-18-2010, 10:54 AM   #8
hhmoore
Personally, I would not give out another company's account information...I definitely would not post it. If FedEx is authorizing the use of that account for test packages, let THEM give the account number.

Old 06-18-2010, 11:02 AM   #9
TripleMoonsExotic
My concern was, despite the information being posted in several places, people still don't know (see post #4, case in point). I was trying to think of a solution to that problem. I didn't post the account number publicly. I was throwing ideas out there on how to solve a problem.

Old 06-21-2010, 09:22 AM   #10
Focal
I called my rep and she said no, they will not pay for it. It might all depend on who you talk to. I ended up paying for 3 day, I think

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!