Bad Guy Ian Curtis - Stolen African House Snakes - Page 27 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-25-2013, 02:23 AM   #261
hhmoore
Actually, that requirement was made site-wide a few years ago. It hasn't been strongly enforced in the BOI, but that has been the subject of some discussion recently (because location can be a big part of identifying a person).
Any further discussion of this matter should be addressed in the Feedback Forum

Old 12-25-2013, 02:31 AM   #262
hhmoore
Warning: It has been several years since memes have been acceptable on the BOI.

Sure, some of them are actually funny...but those tend to be the most disruptive. Let's try to keep things professional.

Old 12-25-2013, 10:11 AM   #263
anoles
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore View Post
Let's try to keep things professional.
Since we are discussing professional behavior....

Sarah has done a great job being professional through all of this by documenting all her correspondence and communicating to him with a civil tone.

Ian has chosen to communicate sporadically and ineffectively. He has attempted to involve parties that have absolutely NOTHING to do with the breeding agreement between himself and Sarah. How is this considered professional behavior?

Old 12-26-2013, 12:23 AM   #264
meowmeowkazoo
Quote:
Originally Posted by anoles View Post
Since we are discussing professional behavior....

Sarah has done a great job being professional through all of this by documenting all her correspondence and communicating to him with a civil tone.

Ian has chosen to communicate sporadically and ineffectively. He has attempted to involve parties that have absolutely NOTHING to do with the breeding agreement between himself and Sarah. How is this considered professional behavior?
I don't think anybody here is laboring under the idea that Ian is being professional.

Old 12-26-2013, 12:44 AM   #265
Magic
Not a single soul could ever mistakenly think that Ian is a professional in any shape or form.

However, I'm still wondering how the chips fall in this case.

Is Ian "professional enough" to cheat his way out of this?

We'll have to see.

Old 12-26-2013, 08:05 AM   #266
silverishness
Gosh. I've been keeping up with this whole thing, and I really hope Sarah comes out on top. I've been fearing that he's already flipped or inadvertently killed her snakes, thus being so reluctant on even showing her pictures. Hopefully, this will all come out all right in the end.

Sarah, can you at least tell us when there is (if there is one) a court date?

Old 12-31-2013, 02:45 AM   #267
TheJadeReptile
Man! Just read this whole thread in about 2 to 3 hours. It leaves a nasty feeling knowing there is people like this in the reptile community.

I know how Sarah feels, my family and I had to deal with something similar with a horse. Which someone blamed that we had stolen. We did a trade for the horse for a computer and a camcorder, both worked. We delivered the items and received the horse. I get an email stating that the computer didn't work, well we had it set up the weak before we took it. She threatened legal matter. Nothing she could do. Her husband and my mother MADE AND SIGNED A BILL OF SALE! After much research, turns out the woman and her husband were horse thieves, flippers, and con artists. They had many alias. Funny thing her husband used his real name. Nothing they could do, it was in writing.

Always get something in writing, no matter what. Even if you have to pull a piece a paper out of notebook and write one up.

Old 01-01-2014, 03:14 PM   #268
anoles
Wow, this just in from the Facebook page of Ian Curtis- https://www.facebook.com/ian.curtis.5454?fref=ts

"Today Louisville Lost a true treasure in Pets Galore! The people at this store have been excepting to me as a family! I met my best friends here! And I will never forget the family like experience you got when you came in its was like cheers for reptile nerds. Thanks Peter Lindle for all the fun times! Love you buddy!"

Now where oh where in what dark parking lot will Herpie Boo Boo hold his shady after hours business deals? Who will "mediate" for him now that his "excepting family" is gone?!

Old 01-01-2014, 05:16 PM   #269
mikepanzarella
On Ians page Will posted a picture of house snakes hatching I wonder if those are from the stolen snakes
I have a screen shot but cant post it for somereason

Old 01-01-2014, 05:28 PM   #270
Ron Allen
Mike Panzarella, L. mentalis "Namibian house snake" is not available as an albino. Also the photo was shared by Will, but not his photo.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!