whats the biggest frog - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Amphibian Discussion Forum

Notices

Amphibian Discussion Forum General talk about amphibians of any type.

Old 02-25-2003, 09:48 PM   #1
Mr.Tegu
whats the biggest frog

Hi I was just wondering what is the largest adult sized frog?

Old 02-25-2003, 11:05 PM   #2
Neil Gubitz
I don't know the Latin name, but, the largest frog in the world is "The Goliath Frog", of South America.... the sucker is HUGE!!.... Stretched out, probably about 24" long from head to toe!.... Them's some good eats!.... lol

....Neil

Old 02-25-2003, 11:43 PM   #3
Mr.Tegu
Wow thats huge, lol never eating frogs, but my uncle sure does like them.

Old 02-26-2003, 10:22 AM   #4
Seamus Haley
This is just something floating around in my head... and I may be WAY off here, but I'm too lazy to verify it at the moment...

I thought the "biggest frog" was a situation similar to "biggest snake" where length is held by one species, weight by another.

And I had thought... THOUGHT... or at least my brain, which is often mistaken is telling me... that the weight category was held by Pixies...

Old 03-01-2003, 07:57 PM   #5
southamptonherps
The Goliath frog (Conraua goliath) comes from Camaroon West Africa. They have a body length of 30cm and weigh 3.3 kilos.

Old 01-16-2006, 03:21 PM   #6
fitzy103
by the way, stretched out, they get over 3 ft., and are considered the single hardest frog to catch by hand

Old 01-21-2006, 05:46 PM   #7
Calotriton
I agree with you. In spite of the fact that it's enormous, it is very nice

Old 02-03-2006, 06:10 PM   #8
crotalusadamanteus
Quote:
Originally Posted by southamptonherps
The Goliath frog (Conraua goliath) comes from Camaroon West Africa. They have a body length of 30cm and weigh 3.3 kilos.
Damn thing must have legs comparable to turkeys. (One leg equals like a pound.) LOL Imagine sauted in a nice cajun sause. MMMmmm

Old 05-12-2007, 10:36 PM   #9
smileyfroggy
I got some stamps from the post office the other day and the common motif was the largest.. in the world, It had flowers and other animals and stuff. Of course I got the one with the largest frog in the world. It had the African Bullfrog on it and it kind of made me angry. Being a frog lover I know the largest frog is the Goliath and it just seemed ridicilous that the US post office is too stoopid (LOL) to have correct facts on their stamps. There is a killer video on U Tube (Is that what it's called?) Search google goliath frog video it's really cool!!

Old 05-12-2007, 11:25 PM   #10
constrictorcrazi74
i no african bull frogs are huge to they might b up there with goliath frogs

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!