Bad Feedback - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 10-01-2014, 03:21 AM   #31
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Originally Posted by liltemptress7 View Post
They ASSUMED I've never had dealings with them & gave me bad karma because they failed to read thoroughly.
I'm also going to address the second red dot you received that wasn't from me.

I'm pretty sure you are misunderstanding what that person is stating.

Quote:
no need to throw insults. arent you commenting on members in the boi that you have had no dealings with?
To see which comment that person was addressing. Click on the thread link in your user profile next to the comment. It will open the thread to the post that the negative comment was received for.
Quote:
They ASSUMED I've never had dealings with them & gave me bad karma because they failed to read thoroughly.
I'm pretty sure the person wasn't stating you didn't have dealings with the subject of the thread. They were probably addressing this post.
Quote:
With that said, I have better things to do than hang out on a forum all night involving myself in others' affairs. Hope you guys find cures for your boredom...mine is a night out with Apple Martinis.

Enjoy!
Or another similar to it. They were addressing your comments and insults to others. You stated others shouldn't be allowed to comment on the BOI that haven't dealt with the person directly then you went on to comment about other people.
Quote:
no need to throw insults. arent you commenting on members in the boi that you have had no dealings with?

Old 10-01-2014, 03:30 AM   #32
Dennis Hultman
Probably this one.

Quote:
Just sayin....I've known James for over 4yrs, he's a close friend & I've met Artie at the Hamburg show in the spring...both are good guys. Personally I think if you haven't done business with OR met someone in person for yourself, you shouldn't be allowed to comment on a BOI thread. These threads are permanent & can tarnish a reputation because people are nosey & feel like commenting because they're bored at work. (General statement).

It's unfortunate that the BOI which can be a great tool, is going to crap because random people get involved. If you have nothing factual to contribute, leave it alone...no one cares about opinions....we're only interested in the facts.

This will probably get me an infraction of some kind because a moderator doesn't like what I have to say, but the moderators are too strict on here as well ...my parents weren't even as strict & my mother is a Sunday school teacher!!! As you can see from my stats I have decent karma for someone that's not on here too often. Just think its time to put this thread to rest....this is really ridiculous. People don't need the stress of online nit-picking.

Anyways, sorry if I made any typos lol

Have a nice weekend EVERYONE! =)

Old 10-01-2014, 03:54 AM   #33
liltemptress7
Thank you Dennis.

My issue wasn't that people were disagreeing with me, not at all & I always welcome a good debate. I just felt that because I was on the opposing side, people didn't want to allow me to say anything good about people mentioned in the thread.

I was more aggravated with this "person" because this ignorant comment was completely off topic (this wasn't her only off topic post) & she was never publicly warned (like I was) FOR being off topic.

(Cut parts out because this post is long enough)

Quote:
Originally Posted by meowmeowkazoo View Post
People like you are one of my biggest pet peeves

The fact that you so readily ally yourself with people like these speaks far greater to your morals than those little green bars under your name. I would not do business with you based on your friendship with Artie alone, but your petty arrogance in this thread has really driven the nail into the coffin.

The people who have come to defend Artie thus far have been nothing more than a motley gang of self important cyber bullies. That in itself will be more than enough for most people to avoid him (and his supporters). I have yet to see any respectable person offer a character reference for either Artie or his wife.
My response

Quote:
I guess because she & Jeff are on the mods' side of the argument, they wont be publicly warned of their disruptive posts (ranting for 2 paragraphs about me) in this thread.

People like Sarah & Jeff are my pet peeve...they live no where near us & no personal dealings yet they muddy up the reputations of others from their computers hundreds-thousands of miles away. Who are you to say what kind of people the 4 of us are? My posts have been clean, properly typed & worded...I believe I came off educated with class. To say I'm to be considered a member of a self important motley gang of bullies, question my morals & say business shouldn't be done with me based on my associations is slander. It's people like this that start problems on here & I hope she will be publicly warned for going to far. Those rules are in place even for the distant, 2 cent adding mod a$$ kissers.

Laura, I've never met you & I'm sorry people could be so petty.

Bottom line, I have met & done business with both Artie & James...they are good guys despite what others, that don't know either one, have said. I've gotten animals from both of them & were of the highest of quality, healthy & STILL healthy. Whether or not you take my word, won't change the fact they're good to do business with.

Enjoy your bickering back & forth....I've said my piece & I'm done.

Hhmore...you handled your replies to me with more class & I respect that. We just agree to disagree.

Webslave....I apologize for being disruptive. I just believe in being fair.

Have a nice weekend *EVERYONE*.
I tried several times to just leave the thread after I said what I needed to, but people kept addressing me. (Which their replies were ALL off topic)

I sincerely apologize if I was being a pain in the ass during that thread or coming off cocky. I just felt like Artie, Laura & James were being ambushed by people that live thousands of miles away adding their 2 cents when they've had no personal dealings with any of them. It wasn't even a bad guy thread, it was a person in question that turned into a bad guy thread. At the time, I just didn't think it was fair....I offered my experiences with the sellers, the whole reason the thread was started, and it was totally disregarded.

I went off topic saying that the BOI could be a great & accurate tool if the topics were limited to those who have actually had dealings with the person in question. If you're a moderator that's one thing, because you're doing your job. But, if you're Joe Schmo from Alaska & start chiming in on a deal gone bad in New York, what could you possibly contribute to the discussion if you have no dealings with anyone involved?

I understand they're your rules Mr. Zuchowski but when someone googles a seller/breeder, your BOI comes up in the search. It's a big responsibility....this site has the power to help or destroy someone's reputation whether what is said in a thread is completely true or false. People surfing the web looking for more information on a potential seller see this & they have to gather an opinion based on what fellow customers or just random/bored people that feel like getting involved, have to say. I'm not telling you how to run your site, it's just something I think about when I visit this site.

I hope my side of this is a little clearer & I apologize for the novel

Old 10-01-2014, 04:01 AM   #34
liltemptress7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Hultman View Post
I'm also going to address the second red dot you received that wasn't from me.

I'm pretty sure you are misunderstanding what that person is stating.

I'm pretty sure the person wasn't stating you didn't have dealings with the subject of the thread. They were probably addressing this post.

Or another similar to it. They were addressing your comments and insults to others. You stated others shouldn't be allowed to comment on the BOI that haven't dealt with the person directly then you went on to comment about other people.
Quote:
^^^Perfect example of what I'm talking about. This would/should be an infraction.

Jeff is in Michigan....I highly doubt he knows or has dealt with either Artie or Laurie personally. I just don't understand what BS he is being subjected to.e

Artie & Laura were mentioned in that part of the thread....if we're going to split hairs that I addressed Jeff in it, I know for a FACT he never had dealings with Artie or Laura.

Old 10-01-2014, 04:28 AM   #35
liltemptress7
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore View Post
I really hope this doesn't spin into one of those foolish forum wars in which people start popping up with a bunch of antagonistic crap just so they can get banned.
I hope it doesnt turn into a war either. People sometimes get so carried away with these discussions. When I said "Im getting apple martinis", I wasn't saying it to be a jerk, I was going out & had better things to do than argue all night trying to defend someone elses' reputation. Don't get me wrong, I care, hence why I posted to begin with, but I wasn't gonna cancel my girls night out over it. lol

My reason for this thread was that I was just curious about the karma....it didnt make sense to me. Sorry if anyone got riled up. It just seemed like - give bad karma, ask questions later lol

Ugh, I need sleep
Good night all!

Old 10-01-2014, 06:32 AM   #36
Lucille
Quote:
I received bad feedback last year & I honestly don't think the person(s) that gave it to me should've been allowed to.
I can see a HUGE can of worms in the horizon. How would you propose policing karma?
It is one thing to say that you don't think your post deserved to be dinged. That is your opinion and you are entitled to it. But you seem to be saying that others are not entitled to their opinion and that somehow the site should review karma that you have received that you disagree with.
Not only would that take a huge chunk of moderator time, but it wouldn't work. After all, moderators can disagree with your take on whether a karma comment is valid, and they can theoretically disagree with each other as well. What then?

Quote:

If someone is going to give bad feedback, I dont think they should be allowed to remain anonymous
They aren't anonymous. If you are so invested in this site that you care deeply about its runnings and policies and have opinion on what should be allowed here, perhaps you should become a contributing member and then you could see exactly who left feedback for you.

Quote:

I went off topic saying that the BOI could be a great & accurate tool if the topics were limited to those who have actually had dealings with the person in question. If you're a moderator that's one thing, because you're doing your job. But, if you're Joe Schmo from Alaska & start chiming in on a deal gone bad in New York, what could you possibly contribute to the discussion if you have no dealings with anyone involved?
People can contribute their opinion, their experience in general (just like members of a jury who contribute opinion without being directly involved). Many have valuable business experience. And time and time again, you will see readers offer a perspective that others did not see and totally change the course of a thread.
Pointing out facts that don't add up, asking for an IP check, and so on.
And of course readers are free to disregard some opinions in coming to their own conclusions, or are free to give more weight to opinion from those they know have contributed quality opinions in the past.

After all, aren't you giving your opinion about the way the BOI should be run? Not everyone will agree, but your opinions are still here for all to consider. Shouldn't others have that same opportunity?

Old 10-01-2014, 09:21 AM   #37
WebSlave
Quote:
I understand they're your rules Mr. Zuchowski but when someone googles a seller/breeder, your BOI comes up in the search. It's a big responsibility....this site has the power to help or destroy someone's reputation whether what is said in a thread is completely true or false. People surfing the web looking for more information on a potential seller see this & they have to gather an opinion based on what fellow customers or just random/bored people that feel like getting involved, have to say. I'm not telling you how to run your site, it's just something I think about when I visit this site.
Just because you don't understand the concept of peer pressure makes it no less effective and adequately utilized in what the Board Of Inquiry was designed to accomplish. You would think that the simple fact that it still exists after all this time and has proven to be effective in MANY cases would be sufficient evidence for most people to realize that it IS, in fact, working.

You just may have to come to the shocking revelation that perhaps, just perhaps, your opinion is dead wrong.

Old 10-01-2014, 10:39 PM   #38
Mistyck
Quote:
My reason for this thread was that I was just curious about the karma....it didnt make sense to me. Sorry if anyone got riled up. It just seemed like - give bad karma, ask questions later lol
Which is still pointless. It doesn't matter why people give you bad karma. Cripes, they can give you bad karma for not liking your avatar if they want. All they need to do is find a post you made and give you negative. It's that simple. Not how it's supposed to work, but it does sometimes. Take the good with the bad, damn.

You need to take a dang chill pill and stop telling others how to run their site, and or moderate. It's not that hard to understand.

Old 10-02-2014, 02:45 AM   #39
bobbafett
I can't even lie. I want to give bad karma just for this thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 10-02-2014, 12:50 PM   #40
snowgyre
Wait, so people actually care about fake internet points? Karma doesn't really mean anything and with very little effort and a few intelligent posts, you'll get enough positive karma to offset the bad.

I've gotten bad karma from people just because they don't personally like me. Move on... it's just not important enough to worry about.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!