Info Ashley Caspillo-SakaraGT4/Sakara *Possible Buyer Beware!* - Page 66 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-25-2010, 03:56 AM   #651
Adrya
It's already been made very-well pointed out in this thread that you had reoccurring mite infestations off and on for quite some time... soooo.... your "pre-treatment" obviously was not working.

Old 12-25-2010, 03:58 AM   #652
SakaraGT4
no, I did not have reoccurring mite infestations... I had mites twice when I bought bedding about a year apart from each other, both from bedding I bought at the NARBC shows... I stated that in my long reply... I treated them and never saw them again until Kyle found some on HIS snakes, but NOT on mine because we checked...

Old 12-25-2010, 04:02 AM   #653
Elizabethlea27
Ryan I was talking in a hypothetical - I was saying that even if I sent them back I don't trust you two to send me a full refund afterwards.

My intentions towards shipping these snakes back to you ARE undecided. I do want a full refund, but I am not sure if I can actually live with the guilt of sending the poor things back to you. And since "your collection doesn't have mites", how did Rachel get them on her q-tined bolivians when her snakes had none? Yes it took a month for them to show up, why? Because I have never SEEN a snake mite before. It took longer for Rachel to find them. And yes there were mites in the bags they were shipped in, so I KNOW they came with the bcas you sold me.

I simply want what is best for MY SNAKES, I have said that from the beginning. That is why it is hard for me to decide whether I can sleep at night knowing I willingly sent these snakes to you. Since these snakes are in my care, I actually emotionally care for them as well as physically care for their needs. So am would much rather they did not go back to an unsafe, irresponsible environment where they would have a very uncertain future. However you DID by your negligence send me mites and probably IBD, so I see nothing wrong with asking for a refund. I have been wavering on whether or not to send the snakes simply because I don't know if that is a necessity.

Old 12-25-2010, 04:02 AM   #654
rc625
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrya View Post
Ryan, if you actually read through the ENTIRE thread...

Elizabeth looked carefully through the bags the snakes came in, and found lots of little dead mites in them... which is proof that the snakes sent to her CAME with MITES.
I did not say that she did not find any in her bag as I was not there... I am just a little confused on why it took her 4 weeks to mention that she had mites if she noticed them back in Nov. All I mentioned was that none of snakes have mites now, or in the last month, but have been treated since this "issue" was brought up.

What is so difficult about sending a full refund to Elizabeth when YOU sent her mite-infested, potential IBD carrying animals?
I can not send a refund to someone unwilling to accept it...

As has been stated in this thread before also... mites are tiny, especially mite instars, and like to burrow under snake scales, hidden and well-tucked away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrya View Post
So the mites may not have been noticed until they had already spread out to the rest of her collection and exploded in numbers. On dark or neutral colored animals, especially ones with black coloration and patterns of any kind, mites would be unnoticed for awhile. Mites can also live and hide away in carpet, and travel until they find their next host.
You have already stated yourself that she "noticed dead mites" the minute they came out of the bag. This still does not explain why she waited until Mid-December to bring up this issue and get them treated...

Old 12-25-2010, 04:08 AM   #655
Adrya
Elizabeth didn't find out about all of your mite and IBD shenanigans until early December.

Old 12-25-2010, 04:09 AM   #656
Adrya
Which was after we had started this thread.

Old 12-25-2010, 04:11 AM   #657
Elizabethlea27
Quote:
Originally Posted by rc625 View Post
You have already stated yourself that she "noticed dead mites" the minute they came out of the bag. This still does not explain why she waited until Mid-December to bring up this issue and get them treated...

RYAN READ THIS THREAD. I did not find mites in the bag on the first day of arrival, and I checked for mites in November and found none on these grey, speckled bolivians. I did not bathe them though because I didn't think about it, being inexperienced with mites. I found mites in december and immediately ruled out every other source - my other boas came with a corn who was mite free, for example. ONCE I HAD RULED OUT the other sources, I told ashley, and she ADMITTED they may have come from you guys and that she was sorry. So what is this??? Dec 23, on the way to the vet my fiance and I looked inside the bags and saw the dead mites. If you read this thread you would know this.

Old 12-25-2010, 04:13 AM   #658
SakaraGT4
wait... so you saw the mites in the bag on the way to the vet after you had already been treating him?

But didn't see black specks in a white bag when he got there to begin with?

Old 12-25-2010, 04:13 AM   #659
ed hummel
Quote:
Originally Posted by SakaraGT4 View Post
In early Nov. 2009 the BCL died... Up until this time, he had had no issues, always ate, never regurged, peed and poo'd normally, we had NO mites... I checked on him and he was acting aggressive and turned around and bit himself, attempted to constrict himself and died... I didn't have a temp gun at the time, but his cage was a little hot on the heat side so I thought maybe that was the issue and I felt TERRIBLE that I may have killed my snake... Upon necropsy and Pathology it stated he had Pneumonia and Inclusions along side...
can you post the vets report?

as a side note, if you went to all the trouble to keep it separate from your other snakes during quarantine, why would you then have it with other snakes when you moved?

Old 12-25-2010, 04:14 AM   #660
rc625
All I am hearing is that she blatantly ignored supposed mites back in November and didn't treat until mid-December when she went to the Vet. Thank you for the clarification as I am done with this subject. None of this changes the fact that her refund is waiting on her. She has my email address and can talk to me from there. REFUND PENDING EMAIL CONFIRMATION

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
ibd