Info Ashley Caspillo-SakaraGT4/Sakara *Possible Buyer Beware!* - Page 71 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-25-2010, 09:47 AM   #701
ShadowAceD
Rachel, in your case, I understand that, but in Elizabeth's case, her collection has already been compromised.

Old 12-25-2010, 09:54 AM   #702
RachelSS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowAceD View Post
Rachel, in your case, I understand that, but in Elizabeth's case, her collection has already been compromised.
thank you for understanding.

Old 12-25-2010, 09:56 AM   #703
reticguy76
i would never indicate to keep them, but to have them return to the place of origine where, not only mites infesation originated and is abundant, but ibd has been "confirmed" in that establishment. not proper for the snake either. if it was just mites as the primary problem, not a big deal, but when ibd is highly suspect/diagnosed, thats a whole other realm of problems.
a rescue organization (or individual) is an option as well. animals just shouldnt be returned to the place of illness/disease origin

Old 12-25-2010, 09:59 AM   #704
ShadowAceD
Quote:
Originally Posted by reticguy76 View Post
i would never indicate to keep them, but to have them return to the place of origine where, not only mites infesation originated and is abundant, but ibd has been "confirmed" in that establishment. not proper for the snake either. if it was just mites as the primary problem, not a big deal, but when ibd is highly suspect/diagnosed, thats a whole other realm of problems.
a rescue organization (or individual) is an option as well. animals just shouldnt be returned to the place of illness/disease origin
I disagree. No one has any business selling animals if they know they have a mite problem. The mite problem MUST be eradicated before any animals leave or any animals come out of that collection.

Old 12-25-2010, 10:12 AM   #705
amercnwmn
Quote:
I disagree. No one has any business selling animals if they know they have a mite problem. The mite problem MUST be eradicated before any animals leave or any animals come out of that collection.
Agreed...No person with the SMALLEST amount of decent ethics would EVER even CONSIDER letting an animal they suspect is harboring a deadly disease such as IBD leave their collection.

Any respectable, responsible keeper would be on top of things like mites.

She claims to pretreat, and be on top of the mites, obviously that is NOT the case.

Shame on both her and Ryan for KNOWING a snake could have IBD and still selling/breeding. While he may be overseas and not 100% aware of the situation, he also sent an email to the original seller of the BCL, so he was aware of the IBD, and subsequent purchases & sales.

Old 12-25-2010, 10:13 AM   #706
kaotik94
Quote:
X 2...If I pay money for an animal...I dont want an added "Bonus" of parasites. Too many people allow that to happen now a days. "Oh its just mites.....no big deal"...Wrong...Mites are a pain in the arse to eradicate.

Old 12-25-2010, 10:14 AM   #707
reticguy76
i agree. that was my point. i would not send my animal back to ashley where the mites/potential ibd orginated. i agree, i wouldnt wanna keep it in my collection either. personally, i would either euthanize =/- ibd test, or relinquish to a rescue organization, as they will treat, usually. there are many people/organizations out there that welcome sick/diseased/infested animals and treat them, then adopt them back out to proper homes.

what i meant with the bold part, is that compared to ibd being diagnosed, mites are relatively small easily fixable issue (assuming that ibd wasnt involved in this). however, in this case, ibd is involved, therefore mites are a potential big issue, since mites are one of the suspect ways ibd may be transmitted.

i should have clarified what i meant a little better

Old 12-25-2010, 10:16 AM   #708
reticguy76
and, yes, an honorable, ethical breeder/seller, will not sell an animal, diseased in any way, period!!

Old 12-25-2010, 11:25 AM   #709
hboyles66
I just wanted to let everyone know that Ashley and Ryan demanded a refund from Mr. Dean on the BCL that died for the supposed or confirmed IBD without ever actually showing or peoving with pics that the BCL that died was even in fact the BCL they purchased. He did ask for photo proof of the snake that died and they did not provide any pics. Yet they expect everyone to shipp back before a refund can be made. I understand them asking for pics just to make sure they are the same snake. I keep pics of all snakes I have ever sold just in case of any issues. This makes sure that someoine doesn't take a snake, have it die, and then try to pass it off to someone they think will refund them. After all the lies and pics I have seen who actually knows what Ashley has done or is planning on doing. i would take pics of the bolivians and make sure they are from Ashley and at that point they should refund immedialty. That is what a lot of very well know breeders do when found in the wrong. They don't ask for you to pay to ship back. That is just plain stupid. They ask for proof that the snakes are the ones they sold and when proved they refund.

Old 12-25-2010, 11:35 AM   #710
RachelSS
They never asked for pictures but I have no problem providing them. I can take some tomorrow.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
ibd