Robert Sloan of Dallas, TX - Page 10 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 03-27-2017, 04:58 PM   #91
evansnakes
I am done. you are ridiculous. try reading this whole thread. how many people have to tell you the SAME truth? you just keep being ignorant. His "alleged" attorney. You are right lucille, go buy from robert. be sure to post how that goes. 10 years on this thread and not ONE person who has had a positive experience with him. His long criminal record posted for you to see. His never ending line of rip offs detailed for you by dozens and dozens of people and you just keep acting like a child, "well I would like this and I would like that". awesome. I come to do some good and keep people from getting stolen from. this is the headache I always get in return and always from the same people who just sit here and have to respond to every thread. good luck

Old 03-27-2017, 05:24 PM   #92
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by evansnakes View Post
always from the same people
Some participate more than others. All are welcome to post.

Quote:
his attorney told him not to since you have no authority and he is filing criminal charges against mr sloan.
There has been another recent BOI thread where a person kept on giving details of the alleged prosecution of the other party, and was caught in all sorts of lies as he went along.
Ordinarily, except for limited circumstances in a few states, private attorneys do not file criminal charges, the state ordinarily does that.
I got your PM to me, Evan. While Sloan has had many past issues, and I certainly do not approve of them, simply because he has a past does not make him automatically guilty of any present issue he is accused of.
I think there is more to this than meets the eye. If Steve Garvin has already started civil proceedings he would not need you here to get a $445 refund.

As I said before, given the little information we have, a refund might have been a good idea, but if I was Sloan, I would not now send anything until he finds out more about this situation, and if what you are saying is true, then he will be receiving communications from Steve Garvin's attorney, or from the state.

Bringing info to the community and warning them is good. But actively trying to get a refund while Steve Garvin sits in the shadows just doesn't pass the smell test to me.

Old 03-27-2017, 05:26 PM   #93
Snake-Queen
Per UPS terms, live animal shipments HAVE to be next day. So Sloan, you've been going against their terms in that regard, in addition to shipping snakes through UPS, which is still not allowed as referenced by Lucille.

Old 03-27-2017, 05:28 PM   #94
Snake-Queen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake-Queen View Post
Per UPS terms, live animal shipments HAVE to be next day. So Sloan, you've been going against their terms in that regard, in addition to shipping snakes through UPS, which is still not allowed as referenced by Lucille.
Screen shot didn't upload
Attached Images

Old 03-27-2017, 05:49 PM   #95
Fangthane
Quote:
His never ending line of rip offs detailed for you by dozens and dozens of people and you just keep acting like a child,
What he's done in the past has no direct bearing on this particular situation. Those of us who aren't prone to your knee-jerk emo-rages generally tend to recognize that having more verifiable, situation-specific information is always a good thing. Although it obviously continues to be a blow to your ego, not everyone will take your say-so as gospel - especially if they've read the same posts I have. As is generally the case with you, the more worked up you get - and simply questioning you is often enough to do the trick - the less reasonable, rational and honest you become.

Maybe Sloan's gonna pull something out of your bag of tricks and decide to re-sell the snakes, making the original buyer wait until he's good and ready to give a refund. Hiding behind arbitrary weather criteria and jerking someone around about their refund sure seems like something that you, of all people, should be able to get behind.

Old 03-27-2017, 06:51 PM   #96
Alterna Ranch
Evan Stahl is a liar and a coward...

....and knows nothing about this sale. First of all, I have turned others down for this pair of snakes. In addition, I was in Mexico during the month I did not contact him and the net service in many places there is non working. The temps in Feb when I was out of Texas were extremely high - hitting 101 on one day. I at no time have been asked for any refund by Steve Garvin and why has he not come here and posted if he had any issues with our deal? Evan Stahl has no business posting third party posts without some form of evidence, which by the way - I have posted and it is my understanding this third party posting is not even allowed on Fauna....or is it? As for criminal charges - that is most likely a lie and stupid because I am perfectly willing to ship him the snakes if he pays for overnight. Temps are too high and I'm killing a super nice pair of snakes because Steve Garvin is too stupid and cheap to pay for overnight. Evan is even dumber than Steve cause he knows nothing about criminal law. first - attorneys do not file criminal complaints. How do I know - aside from a select few brushes with LE , I have a BS and Masters in Criminal Justice. Steve has not lost his money or his snakes. I would encourage the admins @ Fauna to either require Even Stahl to post up some proof or delete all of his posts in this matter because they are all lies and I have proven it. I have tried for several days to contact Steve, but he has his messenger on Facebook set to "unavailable". He bought the snakes and in good faith I turned others down. He can either pay for overnight - and I'm making up the difference of about $20 - or we can just sit here and deal with whatever comes. You send a partial payment to ANYONE in reptiles and do not pay the difference - no one gives a refund. And finally, there is not one person on here who can post any evidence I have ever ripped them off. I'm asking fauna admin to either require Even Stahl to post up real evidence or ban him for lying and delete all of his posts in regards to me. I can prove my position.

Old 03-27-2017, 07:02 PM   #97
Alterna Ranch
More evidence

Guess Steve was not too concerned cause this was our conversation two weeks ago!
Attached Images

Old 03-27-2017, 07:14 PM   #98
Alterna Ranch
One more from Steve Garvin

The date on the above is incorrect - this is the screenshot of our recent conversation. I actually drove back overnight from McAllen to Del Rio for no other purpose but to get this pair of snakes and ship them because we had some rain and cooler weather, but it broke and went above 90 again and he changed his mind. I have been holding htis paid since we made the deal on December 26. I needed them out, so I requested that he add $60 for overnight shipping because I did not want to kill a pair of reptiles because this guy has no clue what he's doing. This is the screenshot from 2 weeks ago and he thanked me for my caring etc.,...apparently no issues until he talked to Evan Stahl
Attached Images

Old 03-27-2017, 07:19 PM   #99
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alterna Ranch View Post
....and knows nothing about this sale. First of all, I have turned others down for this pair of snakes. In addition, I was in Mexico during the month I did not contact him and the net service in many places there is non working. The temps in Feb when I was out of Texas were extremely high - hitting 101 on one day. I at no time have been asked for any refund by Steve Garvin and why has he not come here and posted if he had any issues with our deal? Evan Stahl has no business posting third party posts without some form of evidence, which by the way - I have posted and it is my understanding this third party posting is not even allowed on Fauna....or is it?
I believe the phrase you are referring to is ANONYMOUS third party quotations. That is an orange in your apple cart.

Quote:
As for criminal charges - that is most likely a lie and stupid because I am perfectly willing to ship him the snakes if he pays for overnight. Temps are too high and I'm killing a super nice pair of snakes because Steve Garvin is too stupid and cheap to pay for overnight. Evan is even dumber than Steve cause he knows nothing about criminal law. first - attorneys do not file criminal complaints. How do I know - aside from a select few brushes with LE , I have a BS and Masters in Criminal Justice. Steve has not lost his money or his snakes. I would encourage the admins @ Fauna to either require Even Stahl to post up some proof or delete all of his posts in this matter because they are all lies and I have proven it.
Denied. That is not the way things work here.

Quote:
I have tried for several days to contact Steve, but he has his messenger on Facebook set to "unavailable". He bought the snakes and in good faith I turned others down. He can either pay for overnight - and I'm making up the difference of about $20 - or we can just sit here and deal with whatever comes. You send a partial payment to ANYONE in reptiles and do not pay the difference - no one gives a refund. And finally, there is not one person on here who can post any evidence I have ever ripped them off. I'm asking fauna admin to either require Even Stahl to post up real evidence or ban him for lying and delete all of his posts in regards to me. I can prove my position.
Denied. Sorry, but we don't take requests on bannings. They have to be earned and justified in relation to the stated and implied (via common sense) rules of the site. If Evan incurs enough infractions, he will be banned. Just like anyone else here who violates the site's rules and ignores the warnings (if offered).

Old 03-27-2017, 07:22 PM   #100
Alterna Ranch
UPS

I never ship 3 day. This was a first for me because they guy insisted and temps at my end were good. Also, if that is the regs at UPS, then it is on them because I only use styrofoam lined boxes clearly marked Live Harmless Reptiles and they never ask what it is. Guess they should enforce their own regs and it is NOT a criminal violation, only a company policy and I'm sure your info is accurate.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!