DHL lost two shipments of snakes in one week!! One took a week to receive!! - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shipping

Notices

Shipping Forum for all issues concerning shipping, shipping companies, and anything directly related to moving animals and products via commercial carriers.

Old 02-19-2005, 02:03 PM   #11
lizfortune
Attempting to follow up on my initial complaint regarding DHL.

It is unfortunate that DHL has obviously had as many problems as they have had. But if they cannot consistently deliver on time, they should put more efforts into not shipping animals UNTIL they do get organized. And, by the different input from readers, it is obvious that this has been a problem not just currently. To the person who suggested going to Sky Harbor from Tucson, it is over a two hour drive ONE WAY and is not practical in any sense. That logic could be taken a step further with the hubs being in Las Vegas or Ohio and that we should transport the animal to those locations as it would make the likelihood (though still no guarrantee) of the shipments arriving as promised and paid to do.

I also like the definition offered for DHL (Delivered Hours Late), but in my case, it should be called DDL for Delivered Days Late.

Understand that if these were NOT animals, it would still be poor business practice but not cruelty to the animals. What a miserable way to die! Thanks for everybody's input. Hopefully, this will save some animals and a lot of aggravation.
Brian Aish
Alisaalicia04@aol.com

Old 02-19-2005, 03:12 PM   #12
hhmoore
"But if they cannot consistently deliver on time, they should put more efforts into not shipping animals UNTIL they do get organized."

that one is easy - from what I understand, DHL no longer accepts live animals...by policy, if not practice. FedEx is the only shipper that openly accepts snakes. UPS accepts from some, not others - I still have not gotten a clear explanation of this one...but their policy clearly states no snakes. the BIG problem is that the employees of these companies don't know, or disregard, the current policies. I have heard from several people that DHL is the only shipper that will accept from them (UPS and FedEx refuse on the basis that they ship snakes). at various times over the past year, I have had both UPS and FedEx refuse to ship for me because the contents (snakes)were disclosed. almost enough to make me go back to delta

Old 02-19-2005, 10:11 PM   #13
montezuma
Brian,
I understand what you are saying about distance, trust me... I live 45 minutes from Sky Harbour myself and I work but several blocks from it. I have shipped hundreds of packages and recieved hundreds of packages through all the shippers and to ship out you need to go the extra mile to eliminate extra hands on the box. The fewer people that touch it means one less non-caring idiot to send the box on it's merry way to some unknown dest. It doesn't eliminate the chances but it helps. I work in a similar industry and have friends who do work for UPS and Fed-Ex and they will tell you every single time that if you are shipping something you care about, you better take it to the airport.
U pped
P ricing
S eriously

Old 02-20-2005, 10:45 AM   #14
Hermits-Direct
If you're shipping from Arizona to California, try out goldenstateovernight. www.gso.com! I have been shipping with them for about a year now, and have to say by far they are the best shipping company i've ever dealt with. a 2 pound package costs $11.00 to ship, they accept live animals if YOU CALL THEM, and I've shipped over 100 packages through them with not 1 being late, they deliver all packages by 10:30 AM. Unfortunately they only deliver and pick up from some parts such as tucson, and pheonix arizona, all of california, and parts of neveda!

Old 02-20-2005, 10:56 AM   #15
montezuma
According to their website "animals alive or dead" are prohibited. So you are saying if you call them they disregard their prohibited items list? Just curious as I do alot of shipping to CA.

Old 02-20-2005, 11:06 AM   #16
Hermits-Direct
My wholesaler ships all my animals through this company. When I called them to make sure it was okay to ship live animals, they said as long as the animals can survive during shipping, it would be no problem! It has really saved me a lot of money!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!