Just a BOI type question - FaunaClassifieds
 Sponsors   Breeders | Dealers |  Importers/Exporters | Caging | Feed | Supplies | Services | Events 
  Inside FaunaClassifieds  Product Reviews |  Classifieds!   | Photo Gallery   | Banner Advertising 
  Do you want to be able to bump and highlight your classified ads? Click here!

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > SOUND OFF!!!


SOUND OFF!!! Ever have something REALLY bugging you and nowhere to vent about it? Well, this is the place. It does not have to be fauna oriented at all! Get it off your chest right here.

Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2009, 11:41 AM   #1
Just a BOI type question

Hey guys, not trying to make any big deal hear in this section, but I would like your opinion on a matter.

1. I inquired about a ball python from another member that was offered up , and I felt like the price that he was asking sounded really fair. His rep wasn't bad and that he had been on the site for a couple of years I sent him the money. I was also suppose to pay separate shipping and expected him to give me aprice for that. When he mentioned nothing of the shipping fee I was a little suspicious that he might just be happy to get any of my money.

2. I kind of thought that he would ship that week, but it was Wed. and he wanted to wait until the next week not big deal.

3. I contacted him the following weak to see if he could arrange for me to make pick up at UPS instead of having the snake trucked once it got to town. (The ups hub is close and I can save the snake a day on the truck.) He said he had left town and his brother was a retard so why don't we wait till next week. I said well just have your brother ship him normally, and I'll be here. He said he still would rather wait till the following week. Okay, a little annoying but okay.

4. The next week I inquired, and he said he would be unable to ship cuase he was sick. Back to back week excuses and I'm getting suspicious.

5. The following week, only after I inquired, he said can not ship still sick.
I aslked for more detail and he did not bother to get back online at fauna. So, after several days of no reply I placed a hold via paypal.

6. The following week he asked for my shipping address then a few minutes after my response said now will you take the hold off paypal so I can ship. I explained in detail that I felt I might be getting scammed and that I apologized if that wasn't the case, but that I would not release the money until I recieved the snake, but a refund at this point would be okay. He said he would just pay cash to have her shipped.

7. The follwoing week I recieved a mess via paypal stating, I told you to take the hold off the money so I could ship. Take hold off money and I will ship tomorrow.

8. I didn't take off hold, askked for a refund and after I got no repsonse from him escelated it to a claim. Paypal refunded my money today after he offered no proof of shipping, but he refused to respond to their request for information that oculd prove his side and cut off contact with me.

I got my money back, but only after he offered week excuses 3 times not to ship and only after I inquired; he never let me know that shipping would not occurr until I contacted him. Then refused to ship until I relased a hold on the fee pending confirmed delivery. He was also an unwilling participant in resolving the situation. Would you put this on the BOI?


Eric Briscoe
Old 11-20-2009, 12:12 PM   #2
Maybe not as a Bad Guy thread but as Info. Remember to include all e-mails, pm's and pay-pal replies.
Old 11-20-2009, 12:22 PM   #3
I'm not clear on what you did to "put a hold" on the payment...or exactly what that means in terms of the transaction. My experience has been that unless you use an e-check, the money transfer is essentially immediate (ACH funds the payment to the seller, then collects from your account, or the charge is placed on your card). If it means that he can't access the money til you take some sort of action to release it, then I probably wouldn't ship under those circumstances, either. That said, it sounded like a bunch of excuses and delays, which would have made most people consider the possibilities.
Nothing wrong with posting on the BOI, as an info thread, based on the repeated excuses (sometimes, they are legit, though) and lack of shipping....but, again, with some sort of "hold" on the funds, I wouldn't ship without finding out what the deal was (and if getting my money required you to take action, then that would have to happen first - I don't know you, and you just effectively yanked money out of my hands...I'm not shipping you anything until you put it back). Based on what you have said here, it sounds like the seller could post up some easily believable explanations.
Old 11-20-2009, 12:53 PM   #4
When you pay by paypal the transfer is immediate. However, you can place a dispute on the transaction for nonshipment (thats what I did after the third delay, third week, and no contact) and they will put a hold on the amount sent from the other person's account until shipment can be proven.

If you, the seller, ship, use a tracking number and submit that tracking number along with the correct shipping address to paypal, paypal will release the funds upon delivery confirmation - when the shipping company scans the item as delivered. I did explain this to him in brief.

So, the seller can get the full amount released if they just submit the tracking number to paypal. It is in the seller's hands and is easy to do. He may not have understood that though even though paypal would have explained it to him had he bothered to read the information on the dispute. All he had to do was ship correctly to get the full amount released.

I do beleive that I will post this, with all pms and emails, as info later in the weekend.

Thanks Guys
Old 11-20-2009, 01:03 PM   #5
I would put this on the BOI.
Old 11-20-2009, 01:08 PM   #6
I think you correctly followed your instincts, Eric. His excuses for not shipping for three weeks were totally unacceptable and his actions were 100% unprofessional. At best.
Old 11-20-2009, 01:43 PM   #7
I thought that you had somehow put payment on hold without filing a dispute - thanks for clarifying.
Old 11-20-2009, 07:54 PM   #8
Hey was this regitered member or a contributing member because I personally wont buy anything unless they have some coins I know that doesnt mean anything,But to me if they care enough to Invest in a good reputation they are gonna try harder to uphold a good character from thier peers.I am sorry if you think thats stupid its just my opinion,I would sure like to be warned about somone like this,keep me posted and protect the rest of us Brother..........
Old 11-20-2009, 08:41 PM   #9
Yep, maybe I should have looked for the coins. I'll post on BOI later this weekend. At least thats the plan
Old 11-20-2009, 10:32 PM   #10
There are lots of good members that sell quality animals that have opted not to contribute to this site (or to not renew their subscriptions). I'm sure that there are multiple strong arguments to stick with contributing members only, BUT you'd be missing out on some great experiences...besides, not everyone that contributes has visible coins (they can be taken down by the members). I know I had taken mine off for a while, but I think my moderator status has overpowered my other membership level.
So, does the fact that I don't have coins showing mean you wouldn't purchase from me?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
type of material Th3HiddenGecko Geckos Discussion Forum 5 02-25-2006 06:42 PM
what type of boa to get mbrown Boas Discussion Forum 5 10-09-2004 11:10 PM
One more-What type is this? The Reptile House Cornsnakes & Ratsnakes Discussion Forum 5 09-17-2004 02:36 PM

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:26 PM.

Fauna Top Sites

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Page generated in 0.07715106 seconds with 10 queries
Content copyrighted 2002-2018, FaunaClassifieds, LLC