Info Ashley Caspillo-SakaraGT4/Sakara *Possible Buyer Beware!* - Page 39 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-23-2010, 02:28 AM   #381
Abish
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake_Freak View Post
I understand completely...But Ashley got biopsies on the snakes that have died...and there were no signs of IBD...So how would you explain that? I am not trying to start anything with any of you..But i am curious how someone could say someones collection had IBD when there is no proof that she did..
She did have a positive IBD test come back, and there were two things mentioned earlier in the thread:

1) Unfortunately, a negative IBD test doesn't mean no IBD, especially in a collection known to have been exposed that has had further suspicious deaths.

2) It has been suggested that reports that don't specifically address whether or not inclusion bodies were found can indicate that they were never looked for at all.

3) Part of the report she posted to show the snake did not have IBD appears to be missing.

Old 12-23-2010, 02:29 AM   #382
sally-dog
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abish View Post
If anything, I see you as another of Ashley's friends who was victimized.
I totally agree with this.

Old 12-23-2010, 02:29 AM   #383
Abish
I can count, really... two things became three mid-post and I forgot to change it. Bah.

Old 12-23-2010, 02:30 AM   #384
Snake_Freak
I am not going to talk bad about anyone...and if i do...its going to be in a private message to that person...I will be breeding some of my snakes next year and i don't anyone bashing on me and ruin my reputation...So to anyone who want to ask me anything private message me and keep my name out of this...And please do not post what i say in a private conversation on a public forum, I don't like drama and i find myself very professional when it comes to my own collection..So once again please do not post something about me behind my back without even letting me know.

Old 12-23-2010, 02:30 AM   #385
Adrya
How can you say there is no proof when Ashley said so herself in that thread about Mr. Dean that her BCL died of confirmed IBD? Then she posted the results of the burm's necropsy and EVERYTHING about that pathology report reeks of IBD. It may not have stated anywhere or mentioned anything about IBD, because they may not have tested for it.

Old 12-23-2010, 02:36 AM   #386
amercnwmn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake_Freak View Post
I understand completely...But Ashley got biopsies on the snakes that have died...and there were no signs of IBD...So how would you explain that? I am not trying to start anything with any of you..But i am curious how someone could say someones collection had IBD when there is no proof that she did..
Have you even read the first post on this thread? lol

What I have seen:

*a necropsy on a BCL that died 2 months after purchase indicated IBD
*Same BCL housed with general collection in photos
*Chronic mite infestations
*crappy quarantine
*cycles of animals in and out of the collection
*several deaths that may or may not be IBD related
*Medical proof from actual research stating IBD can test "negative" in collections and STILL be present.
*a person continuing to sell/breed/acquire more animals despite obvious issues in the collection
*a "friend" refusing to acknowledge concerns from 2 people wanting answers
*fun-loving threads posted and joking while "friends" are literally biting their nails waiting for a sniffle from a snake

What I haven't seen:
*Ashley admitting ANY responsibility for her actions
*any further testing to clear the collection (other than the 2 snakes that died, and it was determined IBD tests were NOT performed)
*Any sort of remorse, apology or sincerity or intention to make amends on Ashley's part

That's what I see.
Now you and Ashley can blame me for bringing this to light.
I really don't care.
What's actually OUT THERE in black and white regarding Ashley's collection does not shed a good light.

Now..if there's actually tests over the past 2 years that Dr. Jacobson has performed to clear ALL the snakes in the collection PLUS the 200+ snakes exposed to it (and not just 2 or 3 snakes that died) then I'll be glad to open my mind to the possibility this is just an unjustified scare.

Until then, excuse me if I remain a bit more concerned.

Old 12-23-2010, 02:36 AM   #387
Snake_Freak
Trust me i know everything...I just choose to stay out of it....But since i have been helping her clean her collection..not one snake has died from IBD...The burm had liver and kidney failure, the other boa that passed had an ova infection

Old 12-23-2010, 02:40 AM   #388
Snake_Freak
But yea..this is the last post that i will be posting..Sorry but i don't need to be dragged into this..if anyone has any questions..you can ask in private message..and be respectful enough to not post what i say on these threads...Cause i'm saying it willingly and trying to be respectful as i can to that person...

Old 12-23-2010, 02:40 AM   #389
amercnwmn
Clearly you know less than you think.
Why don't you read the IBD paper from Dr. Jacobson?
It could come in handy if you decide to breed your snakes down the road.

Old 12-23-2010, 02:42 AM   #390
jere000
Well this thread puts two people on my list of people not to buy from.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
ibd