Need some rehoming help- Non bearded dragon - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 09-06-2008, 08:58 PM   #1
mikey
Need some rehoming help- Non bearded dragon

Hey all. This is the only forum I am partly active in here and know quite a few of you all. So I hope this is OK to post this. My 48 year old sister died last Sunday (expected) and I need to find homes for her 10 animals( 3 indoor Dogs/ 3 indoor cats / 4 outdoor barn cats. Yes, 10 !!!!!. They are all spayed/neutered except for the one baby outdoor cat.
Dogs= Yellow lab, black/white rat terrier, mixed breed wiener/terrier. The outdoor cats are 2 female black-one with some white, one male siamese , and the baby is black/white, sex unknown. They are used to sleeping in a barn. The indoor cats are a large black short hair male,that would love to go outside sometimes. An short hair orange tabby male, that weights approx. 30-35 LBs. or more. He go in and out esp. to do his poop/pee business. But needs to be a indoor cat as he can't defend himself because he is such a fatty and can't run/climb well. He just goes out to do his business and to explore in the fenced yard for short periods. The last indoor cat is a female longhair black, very sweet and loving. If you live in or know someone that lives near NW IOWA(Sioux City area- i live around 15 miles south) and are interested or know someone who is, please email me and I can shoot some pics and give some more info. I have promised to find these guys good stable homes, so I will be a little picky as to whom they get placed with. I can deliver within a reasonable distance if needed. Thanks, Jean

Old 09-07-2008, 11:32 AM   #2
Tere Salazar
Jean-

My deepest sympathies to you.

Please check your PMs.

Tere

Old 09-07-2008, 01:42 PM   #3
mikey
Thanks Tere

Thank you very much, Tere..I know we have had are battles here, but I have always respected your opinion. Please know that. I truly believe the battles we do have, are bettering the bearded dragon species for the good. We know we can freely discuss(OK- argue intensely) any issue now and nothing is being swept on any rugs, whether it is a problem now or not/ or in the future.

In honor of my big( 4 yr. older) Sister Judy who died last Sunday at 1:30 pm, who loved animal's. She would take in any stray she found. She would drive hundreds of miles to rescue any critter. I salute you today sister..you put up a hellva fight. Carry on you work up above..Your Little sister, Jean

http://www.siouxcityjournal.com/arti...b900140cea.txt

Judith Cain

SALIX, Iowa -- Judith (Hubert) Cain, 48, of Salix, died Sunday, Aug. 31, 2008, following a nine-year battle with cancer.

At her request, private family services will be held at Waterbury Funeral Service in Sergeant Bluff. Burial will be at a later date in Oregon.

On Aug. 19, 1960, Judy was the fourth daughter born to Francis and Fayann (Barrett) Hubert in Salix. She attended Westwood Community School and graduated in 1978.

She married Greg Cain in 1981 and they had two children, Ben and Melissa. She worked in the payroll department in MCI and moved to Oregon four years ago. She worked at LaClinicia Family Health Care Center in Hood River, Ore.

She is survived by her son, Ben of Salix; a daughter, Melissa of Portland, Ore.; her parents, Francis and Fayann Hubert of Salix; five sisters, Linda and her husband, Aaron Cox of Salix, Charlene Cain of Salix, Lis of Riverside, Calif., Jean of Salix and Deb of Crystal, Minn.; three brothers, Steve and his wife, Jan of Salix, Denny of Aurora, Colo., and Tim of Salix; four nieces, Carrie, Cheryl, Emily and Kylea; four nephews, Mike, Brian, Dustin and Tyler; and three grandnephews, Cody, Jack, Austin and another on the way.
Attached Images

Old 09-07-2008, 01:56 PM   #4
Tere Salazar
Oh, Jean, what a beautiful woman she was. I'm so sorry. Whether her death was expected or not, losing your sister has to be incredibly difficult.

Battles or not, it makes no difference. We're both adult enough to know that not everyone agrees every day on every topic!

Jean, seriously, if there's anything I can do, just say the word.

Old 09-08-2008, 05:15 PM   #5
mikey
Some pictures...The 4 barn cats have found a new home..Jean
Attached Images

Old 09-08-2008, 05:18 PM   #6
mikey
Still have to get pictures of the 2 black indoor cats..They are hiding wayyy wayyyyyy under the bed..
Attached Images

Old 09-08-2008, 05:30 PM   #7
Tere Salazar
YAY!!!! Four down! That's fantastic, Jean.

I have to say, though...it's a good thing we don't live closer. My hubby would be soooo angry at me for taking in more dogs! They're awfully cute. You shouldn't have a hard time at all rehoming everyone else.

Old 09-10-2008, 12:04 PM   #8
mikey
Benny has decided to stay in the house for awhile, I rehomed the 4 outdoor cats. He is going to decide the 1st of November, what to do with the remaining 6 animals. So if anyone is thinking about adding a indoor dog/cat to their brood, they will probably be rehomed sometime in November. I can drive to Omaha, Sioux Falls etc. or we can meet halfway. Shoot me a PM or email and I can give you more info an each dog/cat..Thanks Tere for your help, I am out of here, seem ya soon...

FYI-still need to take pictures of the 2 black hidey cats under the bed as soon as they decide to come out...

Jean

Old 09-10-2008, 12:15 PM   #9
Tere Salazar
Take care, Jean. Hope to hear from you soon.

Old 09-20-2008, 07:46 AM   #10
mikey
Hi all, I'm back..We have decided to close up the house. All the animals have found homes except for these two males. Harley(dog) and Leo (cat) still need a home. Harley and Leo are approx. the same age(6 yrs.) and have grow up together as babies. Harley is , I think, a cross between a wiener and some kind of terrier. He is very mellow, well behaved, plays well with others- cats/ dogs. Leo is a very FAT CAT. Loves to go out and explore in the fenced yard, but is a inside cat. Both are neutered and have lived with cats/ dogs/ferret and any other stray animals my sister brought home. They have not been around small children, but teenagers. Would like to place them together, if possible. I live in NW IOWA-15 miles south of Sioux City, Iowa. Will deliver -reasonable distance or meet halfway. Please Email or PM me through Fauna if interested or need more info. Thank, Jean
Attached Images

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!