Dog bath time - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Mammals > General Discussions

Notices

General Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to all topics related to Mammals.

Old 03-21-2006, 06:03 AM   #1
Lucille
Dog bath time

This coming weekend will be dog bath time.
I do not bath them all the time but every once in a while they need a real deep down scrub. I bath them outside now, they can really shake a whole lot of water off after their bath and it makes a BIG mess indoors.
I bought some terrifc oatmeal honey milk soaps and they will smell all foofy when I get through. (I even yes I confess, bought some 'dog cologne' one time to spray on them, lol.)
Do y'all bath your dogs indoors or out? Do you use basic soap or did you, like me, buy a bunch of foofy stuff which will make no difference to the dog but leaves them smelling all nice?

Old 03-21-2006, 08:57 PM   #2
PaulSage
I don't bathe my golden retriever at home very often--my back just doesn't tolerate crouching over the bathtub for very long. I'd consider doing it outside, but that's only an option for three months out of the year here in WI. Normally I just take her to my mom's kennel, where she has a built-in dog shower/bath thing. It's a lot easier.

For shampoo, I use whatever she has sitting around in gallon jugs. I think it's usually some sort of oatmeal something-or-other, but I haven't really paid much attention to it. The heavily scented shampoos, conditioners, etc. are OUT though. I have some weird reaction to perfumes and colognes that gives me a migraine 99% of the time.

Small dogs are the easiest though. You can just throw them in the kitchen sink!

Old 03-22-2006, 03:56 AM   #3
techgirl
i actually bathe my dogs at work. i also do their nails and clean their ears. i love it because i don't have to worry about the mess at home and it's easier to clean it up at work.

Old 03-22-2006, 12:53 PM   #4
PaulSage
Quote:
Originally Posted by techgirl
i actually bathe my dogs at work. i also do their nails and clean their ears. i love it because i don't have to worry about the mess at home and it's easier to clean it up at work.
I know what you mean. I miss being able to take them to the clinic with me and just use their facility. It was always so much quicker, and the entire room was tiled so clean-up went really quick. It was also nice to have a grooming table to put the dogs on when cutting their nails. Now I have to sit on the floor and wrestle with them.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!