Bad Guy Josh of OUTBACK REPTILES - Page 16 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 06-22-2012, 03:00 PM   #151
Josh@Outbackreps
Below is a email from Ian on how we feel is the best way to resolve this issue, and it has been sent to Paul as well.

We feel this is the best way to go as we will be able to verify the animal to be the actual animal we sent (with no doubt) as well as the current health of the animal.

This also allows the sex to be verified both both parties together so there is no doubt in either parties mind.

Josh,

I told you last week that I would get back with reference Paul Adamo. My position still has not changed. These are the situations which just turn out to be losers for everyone. Had Paul contacted you within a few days regarding the sex of the animal I would have given him a refund with no questions asked. The simple fact of the matter is that he waited more than two months to make contact. The animal is no longer in his care. He refused our offer to refund or exchange the animal at a reptile show. We have no way of knowing if the animal is the same one that we shipped or if it is even still healthy. If we made a mistake I am happy to resolve it but Paul will need to meet up with us with the snake. I know that you informed him that we will be at both Hamburg and White Plains. Please tell him that we attend all of those show dates. If he would like to meet up with us at a later date with the snake than I will be happy to find a resolution. Thanks ~ Ian

Old 06-22-2012, 03:47 PM   #152
endrin
Here is the reply I got from Ian so wanted to Forward it over to you.

I feel this is a good fix for the issue so that way we can verify that the animal is the same snake that we sold you, knowing chances are is, but will allow us to confirm the animal as well as the health of it.

Thanks, Outback Reptiles
josh@outbackreptiles.com

(703)365-2262 Office
(703)789-1697 Cell

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Paul Adamo
Date: Fri, June 22, 2012 1:35 pm
To: josh@outbackreptiles.com

Josh,

I told you last week that I would get back with reference Paul Adamo. My position still has not changed. These are the situations which just turn out to be losers for everyone. Had Paul contacted you within a few days regarding the sex of the animal I would have given him a refund with no questions asked. The simple fact of the matter is that he waited more than two months to make contact. The animal is no longer in his care. He refused our offer to refund or exchange the animal at a reptile show. We have no way of knowing if the animal is the same one that we shipped or if it is even still healthy. If we made a mistake I am happy to resolve it but Paul will need to meet up with us with the snake. I know that you informed him that we will be at both Hamburg and White Plains. Please tell him that we attend all of those show dates. If he would like to meet up with us at a later date with the snake than I will be happy to find a resolution. Thanks ~ Ian

Is the full I got.

Old 06-22-2012, 04:07 PM   #153
radera5
Paul, you still need to NAME your friend...

Just post his name and be done with it. Then meet up with Josh or Ian at a show and get your refund/female.

Easy fix. That email should NOT have taken so long, but it is a very reasonable solution none the less.

I'll say it again, POST your friends NAME. Simple.

Old 06-22-2012, 08:52 PM   #154
Snake-Queen
Quote:
Originally Posted by radera5 View Post

I'll say it again, POST your friends NAME. Simple.
He isn't going to. He has been told to, per BOI rules. Either this friend doesn't exist or there is something else going on.

I don't like the response time from Outback, but the solution is a good one. Paul, get the snake from your "friend" and take it to the show. Otherwise, it will look like you made the whole thing up. (It is still my opinion that might be the case, as you seem bent on ignoring our requests to provide your "friend's" name & refusing to get more pictures.)

Before anyone jumps on me saying, why would the OP fabricate this? Scammers (not saying the OP is one) don't have to have a reason ... maybe he wants a free snake, maybe "she" won't breed ... I cant tell you why the OP would fabricate this. Maybe he is telling the truth, but without a name to go on, it is hard to say. Without better pictures, the snake with his junk out could be any snake.

Mis-sexing happens, I am not saying it isn't possible Outback messed up, I am saying there are enough holes in the OP's story to drive a bus through.

Old 06-23-2012, 10:37 AM   #155
Willow
*sigh* this is such an easy fix....and has been dragged out and turned into 16 pages of "what the heck is going on??" to everyone who is reading it.

Paul you posted the solution email that was given to you, but you posted no response to it.

Will you be getting this resolved, or have you decided you are done playing cuz it stopped being fun? cuz at this point this seems like one huge game...name your 3rd party, as per requests and the BOI RULES and take that snake to a show to get this resolved.

Old 06-23-2012, 05:01 PM   #156
Randy F
Paul, given the time frame you are dealing with I would say you are being treated more than fair. Now with saying this, know that I have issues with Josh and will never buy a snake from him or recommend anyone I know to him. This is simply the fact that you are being treated fairly with their response. I would take them up on their offer. You are ruining your name on fauna and going against rules. Cut your loses and look at the overall picture

Old 06-24-2012, 10:47 PM   #157
endrin
How im ruining my name is a mystery to me, but my friend did not want to be named because he really has nothing to do with this other than happening to catch that the snake was a male then sending me a pic. After having him read all this he gave me permission to name him. Just curious, since he is my friend and if he did not give me permission to name him would i have been banned? Or would it have been better that i lie and say i took the pic and i found out the snake was a male? His name is Doug Donnelly, staten island NY breeder.

I plan to meet up with Ian in hamburg PA the 4th of august.

Old 06-24-2012, 10:58 PM   #158
DaveyFig
Quote:
Originally Posted by endrin View Post
How im ruining my name is a mystery to me, but my friend did not want to be named because he really has nothing to do with this other than happening to catch that the snake was a male then sending me a pic. After having him read all this he gave me permission to name him. Just curious, since he is my friend and if he did not give me permission to name him would i have been banned? Or would it have been better that i lie and say i took the pic and i found out the snake was a male? His name is Doug Donnelly, staten island NY breeder.

I plan to meet up with Ian in hamburg PA the 4th of august.
Is that Doug Donnelly aka 4D Serpents?

If you had lied, you wouldn't have been hounded about the third party rule.

However, if you lied, you would have to live with that. Some people are ok with that. If you were asked for additional pictures, it would have become obvious very quickly that you didn't have the snake anyway.

In the future, if you don't want to name someone, don't use them. If you feel you must use their words or pictures or information just be ready to name the source. It was nothing against you personally, you were just in violation of a rule.

Old 06-24-2012, 11:22 PM   #159
bullies&balls
Ian's response to TIME FRAME is total BS IMO. If I had the animal shipped and not lived close to those shows, then to get it right I'd have to travel to them... I'm sorry but it ISN'T the byers job to do the sellers JOB. EITHICS have changed ALOT over the years, I can say that for sure.

Old 06-25-2012, 05:45 PM   #160
meowmeowkazoo
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullies&balls View Post
Ian's response to TIME FRAME is total BS IMO. If I had the animal shipped and not lived close to those shows, then to get it right I'd have to travel to them... I'm sorry but it ISN'T the byers job to do the sellers JOB. EITHICS have changed ALOT over the years, I can say that for sure.
So how are the seller's ethics in question when the buyer emails them a grainy picture of what appears to be one snake's head and another snake's tail and asks for a refund? There is still no proof that the snake was sexed incorrectly (by the seller). For all we know Outback did sex the snake correctly.

I'm sure mistakes happen, but I'm more inclined to believe that the person who doesn't have a firm grasp of anatomical terminology is the one making a mistake.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!