Need info onFedEx shipping Please! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shipping

Notices

Shipping Forum for all issues concerning shipping, shipping companies, and anything directly related to moving animals and products via commercial carriers.

Old 05-15-2007, 08:49 PM   #1
NisaDF
Need info onFedEx shipping Please!

Do I need to have Business licence to get certified? I'm just small time, but I want to safely ship my snakes.

Old 05-16-2007, 03:47 AM   #2
hhmoore
OFFICIALLY, I believe shipping snakes via FedEx is allowed for Business to Business only (I don't have time to double check that at this moment).

Old 05-18-2007, 01:25 AM   #3
KathyLove
FedEx does not ask for any licenses when you get certified (at least they didn't ask me when I signed up). Just send in your package for testing and get signed up for an account. There are some good threads on this forum about exactly how to proceed.

Old 05-18-2007, 11:26 AM   #4
NisaDF
Thanks

I'd been able to find out everything, but that one question on here I just wasn't finding anything that made me sure I wasn't gonna have them going "You can't give us a business licence info, you can't ship. Oh by the way we're gonna watch your packages like a hawk." I've got the corn snake newsletter that you sent with the bloodred that has a good walk through. Just wanted to clarify that one issue before I got in touch with FedEx.

And that beautiful bloodred is doing great!

Old 05-18-2007, 11:39 AM   #5
KathyLove
Glad to hear it is doing well.

It is always possible that FedEx could change their policy. But they seem fairly lax as to what constitutes a business. They have been letting us get away with shipping to and from a home business. But be aware that FedEx has a habit of dumping packages at the door if it is not a business they can just walk right into. They might not even knock because they are in such a hurry. If they have ever been allowed to drop off a package at a particular address in the past (without getting a signature), they figure they have a waiver to do it forevermore. So try to get customers to use a real business address or pick up at the local FedEx.

Old 05-18-2007, 11:49 AM   #6
NisaDF
Thanks for the tip. I personnally prefer to pick up mine at the FedEx center, but I'm way out here.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!