error mesg; 566-HTTP version unsupported - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 12-16-2005, 06:39 PM   #1
reptilebreeder
error mesg; 566-HTTP version unsupported

There is a thread here were there is a link to a petition. I tried to access the signature section of the petition and get this error message
Quote:
566 Response HTTP Version Unsupported
This Web page could not be opened with the specified browser HTTP version. Please contact the owner of this Web page for more information.
I can access the home site where the petitions are, but not this particular petition signature page. I've seen regular "browser not supported" errors before, but that is usually when someone has netscape 4.0 or something. I've never seen the error mention HTTP version before.
Any web or internet gurus out there that can help me out? Is this my computer, the site, or what?
I'm pretty up to date computer and browser wise, certainly not so outdated that I expect a message like this.

Old 12-16-2005, 10:22 PM   #2
starwarsdad
What browser are you using, and what is the URL for the petition?

Old 12-17-2005, 12:17 AM   #3
reptilebreeder
Internet explorer at least 6. something.
Not sure of the actual URL. You can access the link I was using if you go to the "Petco petition to stop selling snake food" thread, the link is on Clay's post #23 (5th page of the thread). It's the first link. Other people are able to load the page so apparently it's just me.

Old 12-17-2005, 02:59 AM   #4
Clay Davenport
You're not on AOL by chance are you? The only thing I could find on it was it seemed to be an AOL problem.
Google results on 556 problem

Old 12-17-2005, 10:55 AM   #5
reptilebreeder
Thanks for the info Clay. Never occurred to me to google it. I do have AOL. That's weird, I've had AOL since the early 90's and have never had a problem like that were it was an access problem due to my ISP in general. Plus I've gone all these years without that message, but it's not just the petition site, on the google pages there seems to be a ton of them, and it seems to be a well known problem. I hope it's not something new that I will be seeing more and more. Many of the sites recommend downloading IE-6, but I thought that is what AOL used.
Oh well, if it gets worse, yet another reason to get something besides AOL, I've been threatening to leave AOL for a long time, just too much a creature of habit.

Old 12-17-2005, 12:27 PM   #6
Clay Davenport
I'd say it's a bug due to a recent update from AOL. Something they inadvertantly created with a code change or addition and that's why it has never been a problem before.
I don't know anything about AOL I've never used it, btu if you're on a Windown machine IE should be there by itself as a part of the windows install and not attached to AOL.
Try to connect to the internet then run IE from windows.
I use Firefox myself, it's far better than IE.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!