Emergency! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 07-10-2006, 04:36 PM   #1
dragonchick88
Exclamation Emergency!

My female beardie has been leaving her right eye closed now for about a week straight now.. I thought maybe she got something in it so I tried to put water in it to help get out whatever it could be..well I was wrong it is now day 10 of her eye being closed and I am sdtarting to get alittle worried. I thought maybe she was just relaxing and sleeping but now worry is settin gin making me thingk maybe it somethign that could cause her to lose her sight or worse her whole eye. If anyone has any info or suggestion any7 woudl help me out alot and her too....

Old 07-10-2006, 04:43 PM   #2
Rebel Dragons
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonchick88
My female beardie has been leaving her right eye closed now for about a week straight now.. I thought maybe she got something in it so I tried to put water in it to help get out whatever it could be..well I was wrong it is now day 10 of her eye being closed and I am sdtarting to get alittle worried. I thought maybe she was just relaxing and sleeping but now worry is settin gin making me thingk maybe it somethign that could cause her to lose her sight or worse her whole eye. If anyone has any info or suggestion any7 woudl help me out alot and her too....
If you have tried flushing the eye out with water and seen no results it's time to her to the vet. The eye could be infected, which could lead to loss of vision or removal of the eye completely. It's possible all she would need is some antibiotic drops and some TLC. Also, it could have just been scratched while she was relieving an itch. A vet would be your best bet in any case though.

Just for curiosity's sake.... Has there been any drainage or injury near the eye recently???

Old 07-10-2006, 04:52 PM   #3
dragonchick88
no nothing. Thats what is driving me insane! We have her on sand so I thought maybe she got some in her eye. She opened it for like a split second when I put her in the bath buit she is just sits in her tank with both eyes shut liek she is sleeping but this isnt right becasue she cant possibly sleep for a week straight!

Old 07-11-2006, 10:11 PM   #4
speeeedyJ
actualy berdies do hibernate some... but it would still be good to check it out with the vet :\ Good luck

Old 07-12-2006, 01:19 PM   #5
dragonchick88
We r taking her to the vet this saturday so hopefully we will find out what is wrong..

Old 03-03-2007, 05:48 PM   #6
jmpflyd
eye

Did you ever find out what was wrong? I just bought a dragon and he closes his left eye a lot. The eye looks fine but it has me very worried.

Old 03-05-2007, 09:42 PM   #7
Drache613
Hello

Hello,

How is your dragon's eye doing today? You should switch out the sand in her tank because that could be keeping the eye irritated & it wont get any better if it keeps getting dust or particles in it.
Let us know how she is doing.

Tracie

Old 03-05-2007, 09:44 PM   #8
Drache613
Hello

Hello,

I forgot one thing. What type of UVB light are you using? If you are using a coil or compact light they have been reported to be causing eye problems due to the way the UVB is projected out from them.

Tracie

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!