Anyone see this ad on KS???? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Venomous Snakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 10-04-2004, 12:53 PM   #1
Gregg M
Anyone see this ad on KS????

http://market.kingsnake.com/detail.php?cat=40&de=259177

GABOON VIPER! LONGEST FANGS IN THE WORLD (VENOM DUCTS REMOVED)GREAT SNAKE

EUGENE OREGON USA

THIS SNAKE IS AMAZINGLY BEAUTIFUL. SO COOL WHEN IT PUFFS UP AND HISSSSSSSSSSSSS's

GREAT EATER. WILL MAKE A GREAT PET. CAPTIVE BREED AND CAN BE AT YOUR DOORSTEP OVERNIGHT!

541-914-4903 OR E-MAIL bloodbankdragons@aol.com

$600 WITH FREE SHIPPING

STEVEN BARNES

It is 100% against the law to ship venomous species through an overnight carrier to your door step..... This is another jackass making it bad for us in the hobby...... I suggest everyone report this person and use the info he gave out himself in the ad.....

Old 10-04-2004, 01:28 PM   #2
Hognose_311
I didnt see it, but, why do it with the risks....? Anyway, why $600? You could pay $100 for a newborn and do the surgery yourself, that's what i have done with mine, and none have died...

.....lets just forget this post, i realize now it was stupid...but i wont delete it because i know what i did was wrong....

Old 10-04-2004, 03:14 PM   #3
psilocybe
Gregg,

I saw the ad and was going to post it as well, but then I saw this...you are right, that is 100% ILLEGAL! I'm sending a complaint to KS that one of it's users is ILLEGALLY shipping venomous animals through mail carriers. This isn't excusable, venomoid or not.

Quote:
Originally posted by Hognose_311
I didnt see it, but, why do it with the risks....? Anyway, why $600? You could pay $100 for a newborn and do the surgery yourself, that's what i do with mine, and none have died...
Are you admitting to illegally performing venomoid surgery yourself on snakes? Or are you a vet?

Old 10-04-2004, 04:06 PM   #4
robin d.
and if so why? because as it states in his signature line he only has a copperhead and mangrove.

some people and their home butchery skills. come on over to my house and let me cut out and remove your impacted wisdome teeth and see how you like that... i got my trusty buck knife, a pair of plyers and some fishing line and a needle to do the surgery.... i hope you dont mind a little rust on the knife or thee dirt on the plyers, plus that fishing line is used but all i have and that needle i used to pop a boil on my newphew butt the other day... come on it wont hurt i promise.

Old 10-04-2004, 11:14 PM   #5
steveingram
Mike "Metzger"

Mike,

I noticed your last name is Metzger,

Did you know that if the "g" in your last name was a "k" than it would be the german word for "butcher?"

I thought i was interesting since you do your own surgaries to remove the venom glands.

Please not that I am no way trying to offend you or talk in a negative manor about your last name. I am just pointing out a interesting fact.

Steve Ingram

Old 10-04-2004, 11:32 PM   #6
Ken Harbart
Quote:
Originally posted by Hognose_311
I didnt see it, but, why do it with the risks....? Anyway, why $600? You could pay $100 for a newborn and do the surgery yourself, that's what i do with mine, and none have died...
Unless you're a DVM, it's unethical and illegal. I would greatly appreciate it if you not promote criminal behavior in these forums. Thank you, and have a nice day.

Old 10-05-2004, 02:21 AM   #7
Rockford
Ethics?

So it's ethical if you ARE a DVM? I don't know about that. However, going back to the original post.....shouldn't someone be screening those posts? KS needs some monitoring. They also need to eliminate the crooks from posting ads as well. Bright idea , huh?

BThacker

Old 10-05-2004, 02:57 AM   #8
robin d.
the poster of the classified on kingsnake has since changed his ad. it no longer states shipping to your door. i reported it to ks with some added contents but i guess they do not care about illegal activity and i am sure if the guy finds a buyer thats exactly how he will ship it... next day to their door.

Old 10-05-2004, 07:37 AM   #9
Hognose_311
vet.....

Why do people come to conclusions??? Why not find out whats going on before you try and say things like that.......? I dont't take offense about the name thing i don't care.... But I only help with the surgery, my reptile store that i work for has a herpetologist/reptile proffessional vet there, and he just lets me help, plus i get it done for free, sorry for the misleading information, it didn't sound like what i was trying to say.... And i also have a eastern diamondback, a mountain pit viper, and my newest, a baby coral.... I have just been getting into venomous over the last year, and my profile's not updated...so sorry for leading anyone to think I do the surgery, but no i didn't know that my last name could be butcher with a "k" or whatever, that really had nothing to do with the post, but thanks for the cool information....lol

Old 10-05-2004, 12:07 PM   #10
Rockford
Venemoids

Hey Mike-

Don't think I'm harshing on you in any way. I don't come on here to bash anyone. I have always had a passion for venemous, especially Crotalus. I am just curious as to why you put your animals through surgery? Everyone is certainly entitled to their own opinion. I know it may sound like a dumb question but I am curious.

Thanks-

BThacker

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!