Looking for a south Floridian - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Field Collecting/Observing

Notices

Field Collecting/Observing Sightings of herps in the wild, where-tos and how-tos, as well as photos of herps in their native environment.

Old 11-09-2005, 10:00 AM   #1
nativecollector
Looking for a south Floridian

I am looking for some of our north american geckos, well at least ones that are now established in north america.

Mediterranean Gecko (not a native of course but is found here now in the FL area.
Hemidactylus turcicus

Reef Gecko (the one that I am most interested in)
Sphaerodactylus notatus

I know that there are tons of newly introduced geckos and other reptilians introduced to southern florida, but the two listed above are the ones that I am most interested in, mainly the Reef Gecko.

So is there anyone down south there that can put your hands on some of these guys.

Old 11-09-2005, 12:22 PM   #2
Iggy189
I live in South Florida. I've seen Mediterranean geckos before they're all over the place at night. The one I don't think I've seen is the reef gecko. Do you have a pic?

Old 11-09-2005, 12:42 PM   #3
nativecollector

credit to takers of these pics, borowed from the net.
if there is a problem I will ask them be removed.

I just did a search for them at yahoo and that is a couple that i came up with. I have a book here that has got my interest up in these guys.

Old 11-09-2005, 08:43 PM   #4
Iggy189
Before I read your reply I also did a search and found some pics. I've never seen those before.

Old 11-10-2005, 09:05 AM   #5
nativecollector
keep an eye out, in the mean time how offten do you see the med. geckos, I would be interested in a few of those as well.
If you can sex them that would be even better, 2 males and about 4-6 females would be a good start.
Also if you can get them pm me and we can talk about the exchange.

Old 11-15-2005, 05:58 PM   #6
bobbyvon
geckos

have you been able to get any meds yet.I believe the reef geckos are on the coast.I have never seen them inland.

Old 11-15-2005, 06:12 PM   #7
nativecollector
I have not received any responses that would count as a lead to getting any. But I sure would love to hear from someone that either has some or can get some.

Old 11-15-2005, 06:21 PM   #8
bobbyvon
geckos

I can get the meds for you.... bobbyvon@hotmail.com[/email]

Old 01-05-2006, 04:06 PM   #9
Tweek888
Starting a SW Florida herp group?

Hey, I live in the SW Florida area also. We should try and setup a Sw Florida herp group

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!