Reptster.com experience with show sponsorship not good - Page 10 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-18-2008, 10:21 AM   #91
Mooing Tricycle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingetula View Post
Unfortunately people’s words don't mean SHHH (crap) these days and I'm sure the OP will not make the same mistake twice. However a man should at least call and say tell the other party what is going on so changes can be made and not left believing they have an agreement. With that said they are probably both at fault but I think leans on Mr. young a bit more but again we live in a world where you get the money first and contract or a dept before service is given. Again the OP will probably not make this mistake again
Agreed.
Though...Some peoples word does mean something, there just arent alot of them anymore!

Kelly was never WRONG for advertising beforehand, it was just not wise to do so. i definitely think things like these, as much as it sucks for her, are good learning tools she can share with ANYONE setting up a new show though.

I dont think there are any bad guys here. Just a mistake that could have easilly been avoided if David just picked up the phone and said, "hey.... i thought about it some more, and im just not interested. Sorry."

But Hindsight is 20/20.

Old 09-18-2008, 10:55 AM   #92
SPJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidYoung View Post
But in the short the price for a startup show is wasy too high, when we first talked it was 250 and then jumped. I will cover and show that later.

Thanks,
David
I could have been $1 or $10,000...........That is irrelevent.
If you agreed to a certain price then you pay it since advertising had already been done.
If you felt the price was too high or that the agreed amount changed, you don't just ignore the person, you resolve the issue.
Post what you have because right now it looks like you agreed to a advertising, got said advertising, and just decided not to pay for it and ignore the situation.

Old 09-18-2008, 11:13 AM   #93
DavidYoung
Ok. I will spend two more minutes on this before tonight.

The price was changing, multiple times.

250 then 750 then 250 then 750.

How can you pay something when the price keeps moving?

I will not argue here. I will post one more time when I have the time, maybe this evening, with the rest of the emails and conversations. And thats it.

Thanks,
David

Old 09-18-2008, 11:19 AM   #94
DavidYoung
And the last two email from her were never received

Old 09-18-2008, 11:23 AM   #95
LakesideBoas
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidYoung View Post
Ok. I will spend two more minutes on this before tonight.

The price was changing, multiple times.

250 then 750 then 250 then 750.

How can you pay something when the price keeps moving?

I will not argue here. I will post one more time when I have the time, maybe this evening, with the rest of the emails and conversations. And thats it.

Thanks,
David

Cool! That paints this horse a whole different color. I really would like to see your end of the conversations, it would help me make in formed decision.

I think my biggest concern was that you said nothing at all. This thread would have been a whole lot shorter had you just said something yesterday- LOL!

I think you have a great idea with your new service and would love to utilise it someday. And regardless how you might feel about the BOI and Fauna, I did hear about it here and so did many others.

I don't know you and all I have to judge my opinion on is what I see here.

Look forward to seeing your side of the coin.

Old 09-18-2008, 11:26 AM   #96
kmurphy
Quote:
If she had not seen the money from you, she should not have advertised before hand.
Alicia I have to disagree with this statement a bit. If you're dealing with someone that is trustworthy then you shouldn't have to wait until payment in order to fulfill your part of the bargain. Personally I would have thought David, by reputation, would be trustworthy and I would have started on his say so. Hopefully there's an email where he said the price was too high, hold off on everything.

Unfortunately there are a lot of untrustworthy individuals out there so every one has to cover their butts. However, that's not (IMO) how business transaction should go.

Old 09-18-2008, 11:31 AM   #97
shrap
First I want to say that there is absolutely no excuse for a complete lack of communication from David. NONE!

Now, before everyone goes off with a million assumptions (TOO LATE), David said he is going to post some information that is going to fill in some gaps that may have been left out. It is only right to see what else is presented before jumping to anymore conclusions.

David, say what you want about the BOI. There are plenty of people that jump in on these threads that are dumber than a box of rocks and most of us end up less intelligent just for having read what they posted. To be perfectly honest most of us completely ignore what those people have to say.

But there are also a lot of your peers, potential customers and business partners out here who are only going to make a judgment based on how the two parties involved handle the situation. Both parties can come out of these threads looking like roses, but if someone is not on the up and up they are going to get snagged by the thorns. And your peers and potential customers are going to see it for what it truly is.

Old 09-18-2008, 11:31 AM   #98
DavidYoung
Real quick to clear this up. I have no issue with fauna. I strongly disagree on an open forum for the use of establishing a reputation. Read more into what I posted at the link to reptster. It does not establish transaction or any fact. Its is all opinion whatever way you look at it.

Old 09-18-2008, 11:37 AM   #99
kmurphy
Question isn't there a way to get the tracking info on an email that was sent by you? If so could Kelly post it on her last two emails? I don't know how to do it. I tried with one of my emails and couldn't find anything so maybe it isn't possible.

Old 09-18-2008, 11:42 AM   #100
kmurphy
Quote:
Alicia I have to disagree with this statement a bit. If you're dealing with someone that is trustworthy then you shouldn't have to wait until payment in order to fulfill your part of the bargain. Personally I would have thought David, by reputation, would be trustworthy and I would have started on his say so. Hopefully there's an email where he said the price was too high, hold off on everything.
I read my post again and it may seem like I was saying the David isn't trustworthy. This is not what I meant. I apologize for any misunderstanding. I was attempting to speak generally to Alicia's comment and using this current thread as an example.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
david young, repster, reptster