Reptster.com experience with show sponsorship not good - Page 9 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-18-2008, 09:01 AM   #81
Kingetula
Quote:
Originally Posted by GottaLuvHerps View Post
One thing I want to put out there, whether I need to or not, is that I see many people saying they are thinking about NOT using his service because of this issue. One thing I do NOT do is play the 3rd grade games of "if you like him you can't be my friend" sort of mentality. The savings with his services are pretty good, and, as my friend Gina said to me in an email over this, that is tough to pass up in today's economy where shipping is making business tough for us breeders. I just want it known that I am in no way asking anyone to boycott his services, and will have no grudges towards anyone that does make the decision to continue to use his services. I am not sure WHY I feel the need to say that, but I just do.

IMO I don't want to risk getting burned. I see the lack of concern by Mr. Young here. What if I paid too much at Reptster and when I call or email for a refund will I also get ignored? From what I hear (in a previous post) he has done this before) I may use Reptster and never have an issue but it appears if I do I may not get my money back. (maybe I will but right now I see RED FLAGS, use at your own risk)

Old 09-18-2008, 09:43 AM   #82
DavidYoung
I will have a full response with the few email Kelly has left out but more importantly the phone conversations highlighted. A few of you on here know me from the business and know that I like the phone better, its faster and more effective. It will take me an hour to post all that I hae and I dont have that time right this second. We are shipping over 100 packages a day right now (over 4000, 3 incindents and no doa's by the way).

Just to show a point about the boi. Look how out of hand this has gotten. There is a second acqusation but no second mention of it? And everyone is fighting over opinion and not fact. Based on part of the emails and very little mention of the phone calls. No matter how right some of you think you are it is still your opinion. Check this out for my full thoughts onthe boi and why its not on my top priority over all the work I have to do for Reptster.

http://www.reptster.com/reptphorum/viewtopic.php?t=766

I will be back maybe later tonight. But in the short the price for a startup show is wasy too high, when we first talked it was 250 and then jumped. I will cover and show that later.

Thanks,
David

Old 09-18-2008, 09:45 AM   #83
DavidYoung
Sorry I misspelled and did not check. I am in a hurry.

Old 09-18-2008, 10:00 AM   #84
Kingetula

Old 09-18-2008, 10:04 AM   #85
Mooing Tricycle
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidYoung View Post
I will have a full response with the few email Kelly has left out but more importantly the phone conversations highlighted. A few of you on here know me from the business and know that I like the phone better, its faster and more effective. It will take me an hour to post all that I hae and I dont have that time right this second. We are shipping over 100 packages a day right now (over 4000, 3 incindents and no doa's by the way).

Just to show a point about the boi. Look how out of hand this has gotten. There is a second acqusation but no second mention of it? And everyone is fighting over opinion and not fact. Based on part of the emails and very little mention of the phone calls. No matter how right some of you think you are it is still your opinion. Check this out for my full thoughts onthe boi and why its not on my top priority over all the work I have to do for Reptster.

http://www.reptster.com/reptphorum/viewtopic.php?t=766

I will be back maybe later tonight. But in the short the price for a startup show is wasy too high, when we first talked it was 250 and then jumped. I will cover and show that later.

Thanks,
David

I am glad you have posted. And will be addressing Kelly. I along with other members here, thought that you may be extremely busy. While thats no excuse to not respond to her calls or emails, regardless of how you felt about the price of the show, i feel it at least gives an explanation.

I do not think of you as a bad guy. A person can back out of a deal at any time before money is exchanged ( is it right? probably not depending on the circumstances, but you cant burn someone alive for it either.) If she had not seen the money from you, she should not have advertised before hand.

Old 09-18-2008, 10:11 AM   #86
MiIguanaLvr
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooing Tricycle View Post
I am glad you have posted. And will be addressing Kelly. I along with other members here, thought that you may be extremely busy. While thats no excuse to not respond to her calls or emails, regardless of how you felt about the price of the show, i feel it at least gives an explanation.

I do not think of you as a bad guy. A person can back out of a deal at any time before money is exchanged ( is it right? probably not depending on the circumstances, but you cant burn someone alive for it either.) If she had not seen the money from you, she should not have advertised before hand.
JMHO but people do supply services for others all the time without pre-payment. Most of the time a payment is made AFTER the service is supplied.

For example, I train dogs, mostly private lessons, and I do not get payment until after I have been to someones house and provided the agreed upon service. I just do not think that payment after the service was provided would have been unheard of in this situation. Especially if the service was being supplied by someone brand new in putting on shows.

Old 09-18-2008, 10:12 AM   #87
LakesideBoas
Just remember, David, the folks here on the BOI are some of your prospecive customers.

If the fact that this issue was brought here is your excuse for not replying then I think you better re-think your opinion. You had trouble communicating with Kelly long before she brought the issue here and I reiterate; all you had to do was say something to her before this (y'know-communicate-sheesh!) and this thread would be a non-issue.

If you thought the price agreed upon to promote the show was excessive then you might have mentioned that a while ago. (Y'know-communicate) She has tried to give you your money's worth in advertising and I feel she has, have her send you an invoice for her time and printing costs and see just how close she's come to your original $750 quote, I'll bet it's fairly close.

Sounds to me like you don't really give two shakes what we think here on the BOI. You are entitled to cut your nose off to spite your face. It also sounds like you found an excuse in Terry's posting and now have the bit in your mouth and are running with it. You are entitled to that also.

I just don't have a single idea why a simple sentence like: "Kelly, we really need to discuss the original sponsorship agreement as I'm thinking the original amount is not appropriate" could not have been made weeks ago thereby saving my fingers from all this typing?

BTW, it took my 15 seconds to make up and type a theoretical quote from you. I'll bet it would have taken you less time to send her an original.

One sentence.

That is all it takes to get Kelly to listen to you.

One sentence.

And we most likely wouldn't be here.

One sentence.

How hard is that, David?

Old 09-18-2008, 10:16 AM   #88
Kingetula
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooing Tricycle View Post

Unfortunately people’s words don't mean SHHH (crap) these days and I'm sure the OP will not make the same mistake twice. However a man should at least call and say tell the other party what is going on so changes can be made and not left believing they have an agreement. With that said they are probably both at fault but I think leans on Mr. young a bit more but again we live in a world where you get the money first and contract or a dept before service is given. Again the OP will probably not make this mistake again

Old 09-18-2008, 10:16 AM   #89
Mooing Tricycle
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiIguanaLvr View Post
JMHO but people do supply services for others all the time without pre-payment. Most of the time a payment is made AFTER the service is supplied.

For example, I train dogs, mostly private lessons, and I do not get payment until after I have been to someones house and provided the agreed upon service. I just do not think that payment after the service was provided would have been unheard of in this situation. Especially if the service was being supplied by someone brand new in putting on shows.

I can see that. And it makes total sense, but in this case, Being online, I feel that one should wait until they see the money before going through with a transaction.

Again, its all coming from ones own perspective. and thats just my personal opinion on it, as that is how i would do things with someone i dont know.

I mean, was this guy difficult to contact to begin with? or did communication break off AFTER the agreement was made? That would also make a difference to me.

Good call though. Good Call.

Old 09-18-2008, 10:19 AM   #90
mvite
Quote:
Originally Posted by LakesideBoas View Post
Just remember, David, the folks here on the BOI are some of your prospecive customers.
Don't sweat it, DY! It won't change my buying habits. I have a Fedex account and am an approved reptile shipper.

You don't have to worry about losing my business by ignoring the BOI! You go, buoy!!!!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
david young, repster, reptster