Can we say Copulation? dh sunglow m x het albino female - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 01-29-2012, 10:52 AM   #1
allreptiles1966
Thumbs up Can we say Copulation? dh sunglow m x het albino female

Today is a very nice day for me.I woke up! lol
So anyways,i went down to look at what cages i need to clean and found my 03 dh sunglow male copulating with my 07 het albino female.
How many days after copulating will she drop?
I know about the post shed and all that,just never seen anyone say how many days after actually copulating will she have them.
Thanks and enjoy the bad pic.i didnt want to disturb and only took this quick pic.
Thanks
Rich
Attached Images

Old 01-29-2012, 11:06 AM   #2
Varanis
Well I am relative new to breeding boas and they surprise me every day.
everything I have ever bred had short copulations but My wife's pair have been going strong since Dec 15th and are still copulating on a regular basis and she even shed 2 weeks ago.
I can not say if there is a date from copulation or not but I will say I wish you luck with these two I hope to see pics of little sunglows and albinos soon 8)

Old 01-29-2012, 11:27 AM   #3
lavy&purple retics
Nice rich..cant wait to see some babies

Old 01-29-2012, 12:06 PM   #4
JCCS
Copulation does not mean automatic impregnation, Rich. There's no guarantee that you are going to get babies from this pairing even after copulation. It is a good sign, but there's a reason that the guideline date is from the post ovulation shed. It's a much better gauge of impregnation.

Chris

Old 01-29-2012, 01:31 PM   #5
allreptiles1966
Thank you for that info James.
So if she has the post ovulation i am good to go?
Thank yo Scott,i hope all goes well myself.
I will update if she has a post ovulation shed.
Last year i had a boa that did not give a post ovulation and had 20 healthy babies and 1 slug.

Old 01-29-2012, 02:31 PM   #6
Varanis
LOL I had to look twice at your photo it looks just like the one I posted on another forum asking about courtship length LOL looks like love is in the air from NY to FL haha

Old 01-29-2012, 03:09 PM   #7
allreptiles1966
You know it Scott,love is in the air..I hope all have a great season this year.
I have one sitting on the heat now and has not come off! She also has not given me a post ovulation shed,and the male is not interested any longer.I took him out for a small meal 2 days ago and will be put back in for a bit.
She is swollen and has the ridges like the follicle's are growing.

Old 01-29-2012, 03:53 PM   #8
Varanis
I wish you great luck this season!!!
It couldn't hurt to reintroduce them to make sure

Old 01-29-2012, 03:56 PM   #9
allreptiles1966
I definitely will.Just to make sure.He will go back in tonight.
Thanks Scott.And i wish you lots of luck too!!
Didnt i read that you do the pure locals?
Maybe a trade down the line.I'm looking for a nice suri.I love the red in the tails.I was looking at a couple i really liked,but at $1000 each,too much for a pet.lol

Old 01-29-2012, 04:21 PM   #10
JCCS
Even a POS doesn't mean you're good to go. It just is a sign that the female ovulated and is holding ova. It does not tell you that she will produce viable offspring. I know you had good luck with your litters last year, but I think you are in for a reality check in the world of boa breeding if you think that it's that cut and dry. That, said, good luck with your sunglow project.

Chris

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!