Wanted CBB med=large monitor, FOR A PET - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Lizards For Sale/Wanteds > Monitors

Notices

Old 12-16-2018, 04:23 AM   #1
crossfire79
CBB med=large monitor, FOR A PET

I want a large monitor that I can relax on the couch with for an hour or two after work. So far my endeavors over the last two years have led me to a black rough neck, then an Argus. Despite the online research prior to purchase, and my best efforts, neither are the type of pet I am looking for. They won't sit still, even after a year of daily handling.

While I haven't given up on them yet, I am considering purchasing another monitor while I think about finding a new home for one of those two, or perhaps they'll chill out once they get fully grown.

I live in Indiana, which is too cold right now to ship, but I'll travel up to one or two states away. Also maybe willing to put up the money now, based on the seller's reputation, and if I can get some sort of receipt or contract, to ensure I'll get my lizard when the whether warms up.
  Contact User Check User
Old 12-16-2018, 02:23 PM   #2
DNAexotics
Your issue is that properly kept, almost no monitor will do what you are looking for. It comes down more to the individual animal then species. Second issue is that unless your loving room is really warm and humid, regularly exposing a varanid to normal conditions will lead to irreparable damage, and an early death. You're better off building a large enough enclosure you can interact with the animal in its preferred environment. If you insist of your ideal scenario, a tegu or a member of the cyclura iguanas are what species you should be looking at.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!