where to buy - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Chameleons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 08-20-2009, 01:44 AM   #1
kgoda5
where to buy

HI i am interested in getting a female veiled and i have heard alot of stories about people buyig chams and not getting the right one they ordered or getting less than perfect animals and i was wondering i f anyone knew of breeders with good reputations for veileds i was looking at one on lostlakechameleons.com or lllreptile.com are these good websites? i currently have a 8mth old male that i got from an expo in taylor,mi. but it is a long drive and i would rather order one this time, also i am always working and its hard to get the time to go to expos lately, if anyone has any info that would be great thanks!!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-20-2009, 06:04 AM   #2
DAND
I was going to suggest hitting a show but you are quite a distance from one. Maybe arranging something with a breeder so that going to the show wouldn't be a waste of time. While I do not know anything about the first site you asked about I would suggest doing a BOI search on any potential seller. With that said I believe there are a few threads on LLL already. I have a customer who is Cham breeder and I will speak to him on his availability and if he has anything I will let you know.

Old 08-20-2009, 03:23 PM   #3
j walker
i think you will find that most commercial sellers of chameleons do not offer pictures of the actual specific animals for sale, personally if i were looking to buy a veiled from a commercial site , i would probably use fl chams (mike monge ,also a cf member). but before i looked there, i would look in the classified section of "chameleon forums" for a private breeder, members there keep pretty close tabs on each other, and there is a lot of member peer pressure, and since the forum is dedicated primarily to chameleons, and their proper care, the vast majority of members are experienced knowledgable keepers and only members in good standing are allowed to advertize in the classifieds section, and any ads that show any issues are removed by the moderators, if you did get a deal that was unsatisfactory in any way , there would be a lot of member peer pressure for a satisfactory resolution and would probably offer a better chance of getting it worked out than if you got one from someplace else . you would also have a better chance of finding someone who was willing to send you pictures of the actual specific animal for sale , plus you have the advantage of reading all previous posts by a member/ seller which gives you the ability to get a sense of the type of animals they keep and how they keep them, plus a good look into the mindset of that particular keeper. i think that you will find that most of the more reputable cham sellers here are also "cf " members if you are not already a member i would strongly reccomend joining

Old 08-21-2009, 12:04 AM   #5
kgoda5
thanks for the info i signed up on chameleonforums.com a couple of weeks ago just wasnt sure whether i should get one from someone on there and i have looked at the flchams website too, and i might get one from there they are little more expensive but seem worth the extra expense thanks so much.

Old 08-21-2009, 12:24 AM   #6
kgoda5
actually i just checked the flchams website and they only have juveniles i am looking for one that is closer to the age of my male who is 8mths. And there is no ads for veileds on the forums site most of them are too old and i dont know why but it wont let me post a wanted ad .as for the lostlakechameleons.com i wrote them an email 4 days ago and still no response

Old 08-21-2009, 02:45 AM   #7
j walker
it wont let you post because you are a junior member and you need full member status in good standing to post in cf classifieds, about 3 or 4 dozen positive, non disruptive posts over a 2 or 3 month period and you will have full member status, the feature is designed to keep the forum civiliuzed and keep unknowns from dumping substandard animals on cf / its a good thing / you can still pm the selling party

Old 08-21-2009, 11:23 AM   #9
j walker
theres nothing wrong with a lost lake cham, they have a good reputation for quality chams, its just good to check more than one source, no matter where you buy

Old 08-21-2009, 11:39 PM   #10
kgoda5
i ended up getting a 9mth old female from theveiledchameleon.com i should be getting her on monday i am sending out the payment tommorrow i seen her and fell in love she is very bright green and the perfect age of one i was looking for.here is a pic

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!