Bad Guy Lisa Parks / Christian Cheo - CAMEROON SCAMMER targeting reptile buyers - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-30-2011, 04:35 PM   #1
SirenSanJose
Warning! Lisa Parks / Christian Cheo - CAMEROON SCAMMER targeting reptile buyers

The very short version:

I tried to buy a gonatodes female from one Lisa Parks, and communicated with him for a week via email and phone about the animals. Friday morning, he had me send Western Union payment to him on the day she was to be shipped, I was told she was shipped, then got a “bait and switch” email from a transport company saying some of her eggs hatched in transit, they needed more money for “vaccines”, and to send additional funds. At this point, I reversed the Western Union transaction (it had not yet been picked up) and halted all communication. I did get my money back from Western Union, and they forwarded the case on to law enforcement.

I’ll flat out admit saying that yes, this is my fault for falling for this. I should have known better, especially with Western Union and Cameroon involved. I’ve known about Cameroon animal scams for years, and I shouldn’t have “bitten”. But I don’t want anyone else to get taken by these guys, so I’m documenting my experience.

The expanded version:

My female gonatodes died a week and a half ago, I still have my male, so I was looking for a mate for her. After contacting every breeder I could find in the U.S. (not many!) and found no one had any single females available, I posted a “want ad” for a female Gonatodes albogularis on several sites (including here, kingsnake, and geckosunlimited.)

Shortly thereafter, I received a PM from someone by the username of “Reyes” (who has since been banned for spamming).

Private Message: female gonatodes albogularis

01-22-2011, 09:34 AM
reyes
Banned Join Date: Jan 2011

female gonatodes albogularis
---

I contacted Lisa Parks via PM on ReptileGeeks, and he said he had one, to send him an email. I emailed him on Monday, January 24th. We discussed the animal for several back and forth conversations, I gave him my address, and we agreed on the price of $120 shipped, and he’d send me two eggs from her he had incubating as well. (At this point, I had no idea where he was located.) We had a week’s worth of normal conversations and a couple of phone calls to iron out details.

Thursday, we discussed him sending her out Friday morning, and that he would call me Friday morning to finalize arrangements and handle payment. As promised, Friday morning he called me saying he was ready to go to the airport, and would email me an invoice/payment information. Up until this point, nothing he had said or done triggered suspicion to me.

Here is where I admit I am at fault. I had just rolled out of bed, and copy/pasted the payment information into the Western Union website without taking a close look at it. (I’m the kind of person who can barely be trusted to remember my own NAME within half an hour of waking up.)

I overlooked the big red flags I should have seen then – and I realized, horrified, about an hour later once I’d had some coffee and breakfast , and reviewed the invoice from Western Union, what a mistake I’d made.

He had me to Western Union a payment to Cameroon. And not to “Lisa Parks” , but to “Christian Cheo”.

At this point, I was suspicious, fairly sure I had been scammed, and frantic. I researched “Christian Cheo” (who also, apparently, goes by “Cheo Christian”) and found several scammer alerts on him on geckosunlimited, and an orchid messageboard.

In the midst of this process, I received an email from a “Transport Company” who supposedly worked out of the airport the gecko had landed at in the interim. They told me “the eggs hatched in transit, we need nearly $500 in fees to get the paperwork changed, and for vaccinations. Of course this is all refundable!”

I was 100% aware of having been taken at this point, and immediately got on the phone with western union. (Seriously, don’t these guys customize their scams? While the “missing vaccinations” line may work on puppy buyers, lizards don’t need vaccinations!”)

During the half an hour I was on the phone, both “Lisa” and the agency attempted to call and email me half a dozen times each, getting more and more urgent and pushy. Lisa played the “I am offended you accuse me of such things” card.

The money had not yet been picked up, so I was able to reverse the transaction. As soon as I sent him and the agency a final “I have reversed the Western Union payment” and they knew they’d lost the money, they ceased contacting me.

The entire email conversations will follow in the next post.

Old 01-30-2011, 04:40 PM   #2
SirenSanJose
THESE ARE THE INITIAL EMAILS WITH ""LISA"

Diana Heideman <dheideman@gmail.com> Mon, Jan 24, 2011 at 5:47 PM
To: lisaparks88@hotmail.com
Hello, I contacted you on reptilegeeks under the name "wuukiee" about a gonatodes albogularis female or two. You say you've got pairs; are you willing to sell any single females? I already have a male and don't need another. I'd be interested in one or two females, depending on the price. Shipping would be to 95112. Thanks a lot!
Diana

lisa parks <lisaparks88@hotmail.com> Tue, Jan 25, 2011 at 1:16 AM
To: dheideman@gmail.com
Hello Diana
thanks for the mail, Yes i have females available and i am willing to let one of the female go and will pair the other female with my male. How long have you breed this gonatodes and where about are you located
thanks
Lisa

Diana Heideman <dheideman@gmail.com> Tue, Jan 25, 2011 at 1:25 AM
To: lisa parks <lisaparks88@hotmail.com>
I got my male about two, two and a half years ago -- he's actually a F0 wild who came in on someone's pottery shipment from South America, and they brought him into the pet store where I work. That's part of why I'm so eager to find another mate for him, as he's genetically valuable, being wild, AND because I have no idea of his actual age, as he was an adult when he came in.

I finally found a female about a year and a half ago at the Sacramento show. She was a sub-adult then, so I had her alone for a while until she hit her full size. I paired them up in June of 2010. She laid two eggs for me before she cooled for the winter; the first one was infertile, the second one was good and hatched last week. (you can see pictures of my pair, and their hatchling, here: http://www.14thstreetgeckos.com/other.html )

When I went to clean the adults' tank last week, I found the female dead. No signs of disease or injury, she'd been active and up and about a couple days before. The male was and continues to be fine. I really have no idea what happened to her.

I live in the Silicon Valley area of California (work in Mountain View, live in downtown San Jose)

What are you asking for your female, and what would shipping be? (Again, my zip is 95112)

Thanks!
Diana
[Quoted text hidden]

lisa parks <lisaparks88@hotmail.com> Tue, Jan 25, 2011 at 1:31 AM
Hello,
sorry about you female and how it pass away, the total cost for the female including shipping couple with their food and hand manual and 2 free eggs will be $110. And we shipped to California.
thanks
lisa

Diana Heideman <dheideman@gmail.com> Tue, Jan 25, 2011 at 1:37 AM
Sounds great, I will take her! Do you take paypal? If so, use this address? (Where are you located? Is the weather where you are good enough to ship now, or is it too cold?)
[Quoted text hidden]

Diana Heideman <dheideman@gmail.com> Tue, Jan 25, 2011 at 1:41 AM
Also, who do you use to ship? Fedex or UPS?
[Quoted text hidden]

lisa parks <lisaparks88@hotmail.com> Tue, Jan 25, 2011 at 1:44 AM
Do you have a contact number i can reach you. and i do not accept paypal the weather here is good enough to shipped.
thanks
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2011 01:37:41 -0800
Subject: Re: RE: gonatodes female
[Quoted text hidden]

Diana Heideman <dheideman@gmail.com> Tue, Jan 25, 2011 at 1:47 AM
How would you want payment then, a money order? My cell is 408 429 0385. I am about to go to bed though, its nearly 2 am, so tomorrow would be better to call.
[Quoted text hidden]

lisa parks <lisaparks88@hotmail.com> Tue, Jan 25, 2011 at 1:52 AM
Hello,
thanks for the mail, i will give you a called tomorrow, are you interested in the eggs coz i got to 2 eggs to offer.
thanks

Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2011 01:47:08 -0800
[Quoted text hidden]

lisa parks <lisaparks88@hotmail.com> Tue, Jan 25, 2011 at 4:06 AM
hello.
here are the pictures of my female available.
thanks
lisa

Diana Heideman <dheideman@gmail.com> Tue, Jan 25, 2011 at 11:38 AM
Is your female a G. albogularis, or humeralis? I am interested in the eggs. If you can call me after about 4 PST that would be great.
[Quoted text hidden]

lisa parks <lisaparks88@hotmail.com> Tue, Jan 25, 2011 at 12:13 PM
Hello,
thanks for the mail the female are all G. albogularis but i also got G. humeralis available. If you will be taking the femaletheniwill give you her 3 eggs for free. I will try to give you a call when i have the chance. How soon do you need the female and will you want the female to come with her hand and food manual.
thanks
Lisa

Diana Heideman <dheideman@gmail.com> Tue, Jan 25, 2011 at 12:15 PM
Oh good, albogularis is what I need, and I would like her eggs too, thank you! As soon as you can ship her is great, whenever it is convenient. Not in a super hurry but I would like to get her in the next couple of weeks if possible.
[Quoted text hidden]

lisa parks <lisaparks88@hotmail.com> Tue, Jan 25, 2011 at 12:39 PM
Hello,
thanks for the mail, i think next week Monday will be okay because we have flight directed to CA. So let me know if you will want her shipped to you on Monday. I will be giving you a call shortly since i have spare time now.
thanks
Lisa
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2011 12:15:51 -0800
[Quoted text hidden]

Diana Heideman <dheideman@gmail.com> Tue, Jan 25, 2011 at 12:41 PM
Monday sounds good. Will she be delivered to my doorstep or will I need to meet the shipment at the airport? And how can I get payment to you?
I would like the food and handbook too, please.
[Quoted text hidden]

lisa parks <lisaparks88@hotmail.com> Tue, Jan 25, 2011 at 12:46 PM
Hello,
i am not interested in the payment now until have spoken with the delivery company and make arrangement for Monday then i will get back to you or call you with payment method. So if you want me to proceed with Monday shipping to you.then i will need your full home address and for the delivery, i will asked the delivery company to rather deliver the geckos to your home but about $10 will be charge for that but if you want to pick them up at the airport then let me have the nearest airport to your home.
thanks
Lisa
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2011 12:41:10 -0800
[Quoted text hidden]

Diana Heideman <dheideman@gmail.com> Tue, Jan 25, 2011 at 12:49 PM
Monday is great.
Diana Heideman
424 N 14th Street
San Jose, CA 95112
I would prefer delivery to my door (and happy to pay the $10), but can easily pick them up at SJO (San Jose International) if the company can't deliver them to me easily.
Thanks!
[Quoted text hidden]

lisa parks <lisaparks88@hotmail.com> Tue, Jan 25, 2011 at 12:58 PM
Hello,
thanks for the detail,i will email you on Sunday evening or call you with updates when i have finalist things with the delivery company. So the totalfee you will be paying will be $120 for the geckos and the delivery fee. But i will want them geckos to be deliver at your home so that it would not stress you and also the delivery agency will have to give you some lecture on the geckos and how to take care of them and if possible set the geckos house for you and that would be for the extra $10 you will be paying for. Will want the gecko to come with his food and hand manual couple with the 3 eggs.
thanks
Lisa
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2011 12:49:54 -0800
[Quoted text hidden]

Diana Heideman <dheideman@gmail.com> Tue, Jan 25, 2011 at 1:04 PM
Sounds good to me. The $120 includes the eggs, food, and manual? Let me know when everything is finalized.
Diana
[Quoted text hidden]

lisa parks <lisaparks88@hotmail.com> Tue, Jan 25, 2011 at 1:08 PM
Every thing is included in the $120 and the hand and food manualwillhelpandguide youon how to breed and take good care of the geckos and also i will like to let you know that the eggs are already in the hatching stage so you will have to get a hatching or if you have it then you will have to start arranging it for Monday when the the geckos and the eggs arrives. How long have been breeding the gonatodes
thanks
Lisa
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2011 13:04:01 -0800
[Quoted text hidden]

Diana Heideman <dheideman@gmail.com> Tue, Jan 25, 2011 at 1:11 PM
I have an incubator for the eggs ready, as well as tanks set up for the adult, and another for the eggs when they hatch. I've been keeping the species 2 and a half years, breeding them a year and a half.
[Quoted text hidden]

lisa parks <lisaparks88@hotmail.com> Tue, Jan 25, 2011 at 1:17 PM
okay that is good which means you have some experience in breeding. Please i want you to promise me you will take good careof the female when she arrives. How is themale doing so far.
thanks
Lisa
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2011 13:11:53 -0800
[Quoted text hidden]

Diana Heideman <dheideman@gmail.com> Tue, Jan 25, 2011 at 1:22 PM
The male is doing great, although he seems to be always looking for his female since she died. They always hung out right next to each other. I think he will be a lot happier when he has a mate again. And their one baby who hatched last week is doing great, too, growing already. I will take good care of her, I promise.
[Quoted text hidden]

lisa parks <lisaparks88@hotmail.com> Tue, Jan 25, 2011 at 1:27 PM
I am really sorry for the female who pass away, But i can assure you that my female will be coming to refill the empty space the male have been suffering all this while, What name have you given the male because i am calling my female Dolly. You have understand that when Gonatodes are in pair and one of them end up dying the other partner becomes bore and this is not good for their health because they might get ill.
thanks
Lisa
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2011 13:22:39 -0800
[Quoted text hidden]

Diana Heideman <dheideman@gmail.com> Tue, Jan 25, 2011 at 1:37 PM
I call him Terra, since he came in with a shipment of terra cotta pottery. It has been hard finding someone to sell just a female, since they do so much better in pairs, but I didnt need the extra male. I am so glad he will have a mate again, I feel bad for the little guy.
On Jan 25, 2011 1:28 PM, "lisa parks" <lisaparks88@hotmail.com> wrote:

lisa parks <lisaparks88@hotmail.com> Tue, Jan 25, 2011 at 1:53 PM
Okay Terra is a good name for him. well i will have t give you a call tomorrow so that we can talk more okay. It was really nice talking to you and i would have love to continue the chat but i got a appoint to attend so we will probably talk more tomorrow on phone. Let me know the time i can give you a call tomorrow.
thanks
Lisa

lisa parks <lisaparks88@hotmail.com> Wed, Jan 26, 2011 at 12:56 PM
Hello,
how are you doing, i have been trying to call you today but to no avail. what time will it be convenient for me to give you a call so that we can discuss on the Monday shipment.
thanks
Lisa

Diana Heideman <dheideman@gmail.com> Wed, Jan 26, 2011 at 1:02 PM
Sorry, I am at work so I have had my ringer off. I will be on my lunchbreak in about 30 minutes, or any time after 4 is great.
[Quoted text hidden]

lisa parks <lisaparks88@hotmail.com> Wed, Jan 26, 2011 at 1:17 PM
AM SORRY FOR DISTURBING YOU AT WORK, I WILL LIVE YOU TO WORK AND PROBABLY GIVE YOU A CALL ON SATURDAY IS THAT IS OKAY BY YOU.
THANKS
LISA

Diana Heideman <dheideman@gmail.com> Wed, Jan 26, 2011 at 1:33 PM
No problem. You can call me in the next half hour if you want, or any evening after 4. I actually work saturdays (11-4) but am free sundays. Or any morning before about 10:15 is good too
[Quoted text hidden]

lisa parks <lisaparks88@hotmail.com> Wed, Jan 26, 2011 at 1:47 PM
Okay i will give you a call on Saturday at 10:30 let me live you to work coz all this while i will be busy trying to approved the geckos documents for shipment on Monday so that is why i will give you a call on Saturday with updates but we can always keep each other posted on email.
thanks
Lisa

lisa parks <lisaparks88@hotmail.com> Wed, Jan 26, 2011 at 4:11 PM
Hello,
i am just coming from the ministry to drop off the document need for the shipment of your female gonatodes. And when i got home i received an email from the company which will be responsible for the shipping of the female gonatodes that do to some situation at hand all flight schedule on Monday will have to be shift down to Friday so i was a bit confuse and i call them to fine out and they director told me that their weather department have come out with result that all flight will not be convenient on Monday because of poor weather condition. So what should i do?
thanks
Lisa

Diana Heideman <dheideman@gmail.com> Wed, Jan 26, 2011 at 4:19 PM
Thanks for the call. I will expect the shipment this Friday the 28th? Any idea what time it might be? And how and when do you want me to pay?
[Quoted text hidden]

lisa parks <lisaparks88@hotmail.com> Wed, Jan 26, 2011 at 4:26 PM
Hello,
thanks for the mail, the shipping will be on Friday so i will get back to you with full detail on the same Friday and concerning payment i will give you a call on Friday as well 10:15 with payment information. Like i said on phone the female vet doctor pass around today for check up and i told her that the eggs will shipped along with the female and she told me that from what she observe on the eggs , she said the eggs will are in their last days of haching so that is why i want them shipped over to you because if they eggs hatches on the way then we don't know what might happen. So we have to do our best to make show it get to you before it hatches. So you have to prepare the hatching for the eggs before they arrive.
thanks
Lisa
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2011 16:19:42 -0800
[Quoted text hidden]

lisa parks <lisaparks88@hotmail.com> Wed, Jan 26, 2011 at 4:40 PM
So i am on my way back to the Ministry to reschedule the shipping of the female for this Friday. i got this the new development from the delivery company after i had already gone to and deposited the document at the Ministry already so i have to go back and reschedule so that the document can be attain to in time. As for the arrival time i will email the full detail to you when i have book for the shiping on Friday you will have all this detail but for now i can really tell okay.
thanks
Lisa
[Quoted text hidden]

lisa parks <lisaparks88@hotmail.com> Wed, Jan 26, 2011 at 7:05 PM
Hi i am just returned back from the Ministry to reschedule the document of the female donatodes to be approved before Friday. So hopeful every thing will be ready by Friday and the gonatodes ready to be shipped. Please get back to me as soon as you received this mail.
thanks
Lisa
[Quoted text hidden]

Diana Heideman <dheideman@gmail.com> Wed, Jan 26, 2011 at 7:18 PM
Wonderful, thank you! I will expect her Friday then.
[Quoted text hidden]

lisa parks <lisaparks88@hotmail.com> Thu, Jan 27, 2011 at 2:25 AM
If every thing goes well on Friday and the money paid on time then you will be receiving her on Friday Evening but if they is any delay or poor weather then you will have to be receiving her on Saturday morning or later in the afternoon. On my side i am preparing every thing for her shipping and every thing is moving as plan.
thanks
Lisa
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2011 19:18:56 -0800
[Quoted text hidden]

Diana Heideman <dheideman@gmail.com> Thu, Jan 27, 2011 at 9:32 AM
Sounds good. How do you want me to pay you?
[Quoted text hidden]

lisa parks <lisaparks88@hotmail.com> Thu, Jan 27, 2011 at 12:45 PM
Hello,
thanks for the mail, you will be using the western union to make the payment tomorrow okay. As for the address i will sent them to you tomorrow.
thanks
Lisa
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2011 09:32:14 -0800
[Quoted text hidden]

Diana Heideman <dheideman@gmail.com> Thu, Jan 27, 2011 at 12:54 PM
Sounds good.
[Quoted text hidden]

Diana Heideman <dheideman@gmail.com> Thu, Jan 27, 2011 at 12:56 PM
So tomorrow I will send you $120 via western union, and expect her to arrive in the evening?
[Quoted text hidden]

lisa parks <lisaparks88@hotmail.com> Thu, Jan 27, 2011 at 1:05 PM
Hello
thanks for the mail, yeah you will be sending the $120 tomorrow and the she will be arriving my evening or in the morning unfailling if every thing goes as i plan it to be. But you have nothing to worry about because i have everything worked out over here. My only problem is that i pray the eggs do not hatch why on the way. No worked today coz i just though of giving a call and i got you.
Lisa
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2011 12:56:58 -0800
[Quoted text hidden]

Diana Heideman <dheideman@gmail.com> Thu, Jan 27, 2011 at 1:14 PM
I have a tank set up for the babies if they do hatch, or space in my incubator if they aren't hatched yet. I will be ready either way. Thank you so much, I cannot wait to get her.
[Quoted text hidden]

lisa parks <lisaparks88@hotmail.com> Thu, Jan 27, 2011 at 1:19 PM
I have to go catch up with some one and we will only talk more tomorrow on phone 10:00 if that is okay by you then get back to me. Like i said i have already have everything worked out in my end and all the documents for her will be approved tomorrow before shipment.
thanks
Lisa
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2011 13:14:59 -0800
[Quoted text hidden]

Diana Heideman <dheideman@gmail.com> Thu, Jan 27, 2011 at 1:21 PM
10 sounds great. Talk to you tomorrow.
[Quoted text hidden]

lisa parks <lisaparks88@hotmail.com> Fri, Jan 28, 2011 at 10:10 AM
Hello,
this is the address you will be using to make the payments below.

Names: Christian cheo
State: Bamenda
Address: Commercial avenue
Postcode: 00237
Telephone: 23776415982
Amount to be sent: $120.00

Below is the security test question you will used when sending the money?

TEST QUESTION.......................................... ..................... SENDER
ANSWER TO TEST QUESTION:......................................... Diana
thanks
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2011 13:21:29 -0800
[Quoted text hidden]

Diana Heideman <dheideman@gmail.com> Fri, Jan 28, 2011 at 10:37 AM
Your money transfer has been sent and can be picked up at any Agent location in your receiver's area.

Your Money Transfer Control Number (MTCN) is [deleted]
[Quoted text hidden]

Diana Heideman <dheideman@gmail.com> Fri, Jan 28, 2011 at 10:51 AM
It's been sent
[Quoted text hidden]

Diana Heideman <dheideman@gmail.com> Fri, Jan 28, 2011 at 10:58 AM
Please let me know you got this; and if you have it, the flight information she'll be on?
[Quoted text hidden]

lisa parks <lisaparks88@hotmail.com> Fri, Jan 28, 2011 at 11:51 AM
Hello,
i am just coming from picking up the money and i am about to take a drive to the transport company for her to be register from delivery. i will email you once she take off. And please do take good care of the her for and let me know if any thing comes up. I will keep you posted on my side as well.
thanks
Lisa
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2011 10:37:46 -0800
Subject: Re: gonatodes female
[Quoted text hidden]

lisa parks <lisaparks88@hotmail.com> Fri, Jan 28, 2011 at 12:39 PM
Hello,
i am just coming from from the transport company and gonatodes just took off. like i said the gonatodes has to transit at Pittsburgh Virginia before coming over to your location. So let me know when you received her.
thanks
Lisa
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2011 10:58:56 -0800
Subject: Re: gonatodes female
[Quoted text hidden]

Diana Heideman <dheideman@gmail.com> Fri, Jan 28, 2011 at 12:40 PM
Thank you so much. I will let you know when she gets here. You said on the phone, you thought about 6?
[Quoted text hidden]

lisa parks <lisaparks88@hotmail.com> Fri, Jan 28, 2011 at 12:44 PM
yeah they will be arriving at about 6. Hope you will be at home by that time.
lisa

Old 01-30-2011, 04:53 PM   #3
SirenSanJose
I then started getting emails form the "Transport Company" complete with fake paperwork:

Diana Heideman <dheideman@gmail.com>
reptile transportation agency <reptile_transportationagency@hotmail.com> Fri, Jan 28, 2011 at 3:08 PM

WELCOME TO REPTILE TRANSPORTATION AGENCY PITTSBURGH VIRGINIA

WELCOME TO THE INTERNATIONAL REPTILE TRANSPORTATION AGENCY PITTSBURGH VIRGINIA USA

DEAR MRS DIANA HEIDEMAN
WE WANT TO INFORMED YOU THAT WE HAVE JUST CONFORMED AND RECEIVED YOUR CONSIGNMENT ( FEMALE GONATODES AND 3 EGGS) FROM YOUR SENDER MR LISA PARKS CAMEROON AT OUR AGENCY HERE IN PITTSBURGH VIRGINIA WHICH JUST LANDED ABOUT 30 MINUTES AGO ON TRANSIT TO BE LATER DELIVER TO YOUR ADDRESS 424 N 14TH STREET, SAN JOSE, CA 95112 LATER TODAY . OUR CONTROL DEPARTMENT HAS GONE THROUGH ALL THE DOCUMENTS AND PAPERS WORK AND ALL THE DOCUMENT WERE VALID AND LEGAL

JUST AS WE ABOUT TO TAKE OF FOR YOUR LOCATION WE RECEIVED CONFIRMATION FROM OUR MEDICAL TEAM DIRECTOR THAT THE 3 EGGS WHICH WAS SENT 2 HAS JUST HATCH AND ONE OF THE EGGS STILL HAS TO HATCH AS FROM WHAT OUR MEDICAL DIRECTOR INFORMED US. SO FOR THIS REASON WE WILL HAVE TO PUT THE BABIES ON HOLDING UNTIL WE READ FROM YOU. WE HOPE YOU WHERE AWARE OF THE SITUATION OF THE EGGS CONDITION BECAUSE FROM THE INFORMATION FROM OUR MEDICAL DIRECTOR HE MADE US TO UNDERSTAND THAT THEY WAS NO WAY THE EGGS COULD MAKE TO YOUR LOCATION WITHOUT IT BEEN HATCH, SO WE WILL HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL THE OTHER ONE EGG FINALLY HATCH AND THE BABIES ARE IN GOOD CONDITION FOR DELIVERY BEFORE WE CAN MOVE FORWARD. AS FOR THE SITUATION NOW AND FROM THE DOCUMENTS WE RECEIVED FROM THE SENDER IT BEAR BUT REGISTERED EGGS AND NOW THE EGGS HAVE FINALLY HATCH WE WILL HAVE TO CHANGE THEIR DOCUMENT AND HAVE THE BABIES GET SOME VACCINES TO PREVENT THEM FROM DISEASES AND OTHER ILLNESS.

NOW THAT THE BABIES ARE HEALTHY DOING WELL AND SOUND AS FROM OUR MEDICAL TEAM, WE WILL WANT TO INFORMED YOU THAT WE WILL NEED $398.00 REFUNDABLE INSURANCE TO FINANCE THE VACCINES AND OTHER DOCUMENTS NEEDED BY THE BABIES TO BE DELIVERED TO YOUR HOME SAFELY AND COMPANY WITH AN REFUNDABLE INSURANCE DOCUMENT WHICH YOU WILL HAVE TO SIGN. WE EMPLOY YOU TO GET BACK TO US EITHER ON EMAIL OR PHONE FOR MORE UPDATES.

ON THE PART OF YOU SENDER MR LISA PARKS WE HAVE HAVE ALSO INFORMED HIM ON EMAIL ON THE PRESENT SITUATION AT HAND AND ALSO ON HIS PART HE WILL BE INCURRING SOME COST. WE HAVE GIVING HIM ALL THE UPDATED AND WANT IS BEEN NEEDED FOR THE FEMALE GONATODES TO BE DELIVERED TO YOUR HOME TODAY. WE JUST NEED THIS SUITED OUT IMMEDIATELY BY YOUR SENDER AND YOU SO THAT WE CAN PROCEED WITH THE DELIVERY. AT THE MAIN TIME WE DO NOT HAVE ENOUGH STORAGE FACILITY TO KEEP YOUR PARCEL AND SECONDLY THE WELL FAIR DEPARTMENT WILL BE PASSING ROUND TOMORROW TO CHECK UP ON PARCEL WHICH THEIR RECEIVER AS NOT RESPONDED TO THEM FOR COLLECTION AND ONCE BEEN COLLECTED THEY WILL AUTOMATICALLY BE OWN AND CONTROL BY THE GOVERNMENT . SO WE EMPLOY YOU TO RESPONSE TO THIS MATTER WITH URGENCY FOR THE SAFETY AND WELL BEEN OF THE GONATODES. ONCE WE RECEIVED THE FINANCE NEEDED FOR THE VACCINES AND DOCUMENT WE WILL DO ALL OUR BEST TO HAVE THE GONATODES DELIVERED TO YOU TODAY. ON THIS MAIL YOU WILL FINE ATTACHED DOCUMENTS OF THE GONATODES, PLEASE GET BACK TO US ON PHONE NUMBER BELOW FOR MORE INFORMATION AND UPDATES OF THE GONATODES.

TELEPHONE >>>>> 5403137175

Director email address: reptile_transportationagency@hotmail.com

THANKS TO STAY AND ENJOY OUR SERVICES.
Control Unit Pet USA
PET EQUIPMENT DELIVERY
MANAGER

Diana Heideman <dheideman@gmail.com> Fri, Jan 28, 2011 at 3:12 PM
To: reptile transportation agency <reptile_transportationagency@hotmail.com>
Can the female be sent on today, since her paperwork is up to date?
(Note: I was stalling at this point – on the phone with Western Union. Not actually trying to get the fake lizard.)

reptile transportation agency <reptile_transportationagency@hotmail.com> Fri, Jan 28, 2011 at 3:25 PM
DEAR CLIENT

HOW RULES AND REGULATION DOES NOT PERMIT US TO DELIVER A RECEIVER PARCEL WHEN PART ID ON PENDING. BUT WE ARE WORKING WITH OUR INSURANCE DEPARTMENT TO PROVIDE US WITH A REFUNDABLE INSURANCE POLICY DOCUMENT SO THAT WHEN THE GONATODES ARE BEEN DELIVERED TO YOU THEN YOU WILL HAVE TO SIGN THE REFUNDABLE INSURANCE DOCUMENT AND YOUR MONEY WILL BE PAID BACK TO YOU . WE JUST NEED THIS FINANCE TO PROTECT YOUR GONATODES UNTIL THEY ARRIVED YOUR HOME SAFELY.
THANKS
MANAGEMENT

reptile transportation agency <reptile_transportationagency@hotmail.com> Fri, Jan 28, 2011 at 4:21 PM
DEAR CLIENT
WE WANT TO INFORMED YOU THAT THE NEXT FLIGHT WILL BE IN 3 HOURS TIME AND FOR THIS REASON WE WANT TO FINE OUT FROM YOUR IF YOU WILL WANT THE GONATODES TO BE PUT IN THE NEXT FLIGHT BECAUSE WE DO NOT HAVE ENOUGH PACKING SPACE TO ACCOMMODATE THE YOUR PARCEL SO WE EMPLOY YOU GIVE US A CALL ON HOW WE CAN WORK THINGS OUT FOR THE GONATODES TO BE DELIVERED TODAY. WE WANT YOU TO GIVE US A CALL AS SOON AS YOU RECEIVED THIS MAIL.
THANKS
MANAGEMENT

(This last email was sent to Christian, and the “agency”)
Diana Heideman <dheideman@gmail.com> Fri, Jan 28, 2011 at 4:40 PM
Christian, you can stop sending me the "reptile transportation agency" emails, I know what you're doing and I know now that I am not the first person you have done this to.

I have canceled the money transfer with Western Union. I am not interested in hearing from you further. Goodbye.

These last emails were with “Lisa”/”Christian”

Diana Heideman <dheideman@gmail.com> Fri, Jan 28, 2011 at 4:10 PM
Christian:

I received the emails from your "reptile transportation agency" hotmail account. I know that the "reptile transportation agency" does not exist, that "Lisa Parks" does not exist and that you have not shipped the lizards. I know you are trying to scam me.

I am demanding a full refund. I am losing money on this already because I skipped work today to accept this package. However I will settle for a refund. When can you get the refund to me? If I do not receive the refund immediately I will do everything I can to warn others about your scams and will try to see if there are local authorities I can report you to for fraud.
[Quoted text hidden]

Diana Heideman <dheideman@gmail.com> Fri, Jan 28, 2011 at 4:21 PM
Christian:

I see you're trying to call me. I'm not going to pick up the phone, we can talk by email. Are you or are you not going to send me a refund, since you obviously have not shipped the lizards?
[Quoted text hidden]

lisa parks <lisaparks88@hotmail.com> Fri, Jan 28, 2011 at 4:26 PM
i don/t understand what you mean and i don't like th insult from you, i am doing my possible best to have Dolly shiped to you and all i get from you is insult what is the meaning of this, please we have to work together and have the Dolly shipped to you today. Please ido have feeling and a father of that nature i don't cheat on people okay.
Lisa

Old 01-30-2011, 05:08 PM   #4
SirenSanJose
Here are the fake documents. I did scribble out my personal information.

Old 01-30-2011, 06:29 PM   #5
OneLoveReptiles
a few months back, Cheo contacted me selling leachies and chaouas for crazy low prices. But he was a lot stupider back then and used pictures with the breeders names on them, thats how he gave it away, i contacted breeder and it was submitted to a fraud thing. Hopefully cheo gets caught. Except last time he told me he was from Victoria cameroon, im so sick of scammers in this hobby.

Old 01-30-2011, 07:57 PM   #6
SpitZu
Quote:
Here are the fake documents. I did scribble out my personal information.
FYI, you already left your address in your posts twice :P

Old 01-30-2011, 09:15 PM   #7
ForkedTung
Found these:

Quote:
We got a Red Stripe & Raining Red Stripe and Hybino Sunglow (Bell) available for sale. interested person should contact us via email (lisaparks88@hotmail.com) for more information and pictures.
http://www.carolinapetsupply.com/cla....php?a=2&b=356

Interessierte Käufer sollten mich auf E-Mail lisaparks88@hotmail.com Ansprechpartner für weitere Informationen und Bilder ...
Paar Bell Hybino / Sunglow Geckos zum Verkauf in Sachsen - Pockau ... kleinanzeigen.ebay.de

Old 01-30-2011, 11:18 PM   #8
SirenSanJose
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpitZu View Post
FYI, you already left your address in your posts twice :P
Yeah, I realized that after I posted. One of the few times I REALLY wish Fauna let me edit!

Old 01-30-2011, 11:19 PM   #9
SirenSanJose
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForkedTung View Post
Found these:

Interessierte Käufer sollten mich auf E-Mail lisaparks88@hotmail.com Ansprechpartner für weitere Informationen und Bilder ...
Paar Bell Hybino / Sunglow Geckos zum Verkauf in Sachsen - Pockau ... kleinanzeigen.ebay.de
Yep. As of today, I've contacted every messageboard in English where I've found postings by "Lisa Parks" or "lisaparks88@hotmail.com". I haven't gotten responses from all of them, but I've been tracking down all this guy's posts.

Old 01-31-2011, 05:17 PM   #10
lpd209
i like this one:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...www.google.com

http://celebritygeckos.com/Available...0/Default.aspx

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
cameroon, fraud, western union