calcium and crested supplies ques????? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 12-20-2006, 06:23 PM   #1
mrcsk8ter44445
calcium and crested supplies ques?????

since i now am for sure gettin a crested over a leo i wanted to kno if they need calcium with d3 or pure calcium??? and also how do all these materials look tell me what else i have to add,, i alrey hav the cage,, http://www.reptilesupply.com/shopping_cart.php

Old 12-20-2006, 06:47 PM   #2
mrcsk8ter44445
well take iit my link isnt working what else would i need for a crested gecko setup,, heres what i alredy hav 2 large suction cup fake plants,,medium jungle vine,,CGD,,leopard gecko dust ICB,, and a flukers thermo-hydrometer,, ths is all for a baby crested oo yea also iis it tru i dont need calcium for thm since the CGD alredy has enough????

Old 12-21-2006, 04:32 AM   #3
droogievesch
Welcome to the wonderfully addicting world of rhacs. You do not need any calcium supplements when feeding CGD since it is true that CGD has more than enough calcium in it. In fact, you don't have to feed any insects as well. The only thing I can really say is make sure you have hiding places and climbing room. A very helpful thread is the repashy forums (www.repashy.com/forums) I believe or just link to it from www.repashy.com Allen Repashy is the creator of CGD and the people on the forum are incredibally kind and always willing to help about housing and care. If you want you can PM me if you have any more questions.

Good luck and post pictures when you can of the little guy!

Old 02-25-2007, 09:01 PM   #4
lizardcouple99
even if you are feeding cgd. crickets are still needed especially for baby's and adults. i got my cresties off cgd and onto the much better clarks diet and repashy food and they are fatter and healthier than before.

Old 02-25-2007, 11:26 PM   #5
boybronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizardcouple99
even if you are feeding cgd. crickets are still needed especially for baby's and adults. i got my cresties off cgd and onto the much better clarks diet and repashy food and they are fatter and healthier than before.
This is not true, however it will not hurt. CGD does not need supplementation of any kind (Clarks to my knowledge does). If you choose to feed Crickets thats fine, but not needed if they are on CGD.

Old 02-25-2007, 11:33 PM   #6
garweft
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizardcouple99
Repashy food is crested gecko diet. It's just different packaging based on who you buy it from.

Old 02-25-2007, 11:41 PM   #7
Otter_23
The reason I have fed crickets with CGD is because when just on CGD they grew very slowly. Since I have added crickets at least once a week (dusted) they grow much better (still slow but not as slow). It used to take mine 20 months to get to 30 grams.

Old 02-26-2007, 08:05 AM   #8
ColleenT
hunting is mental stimulation and why i do it, but also gives a bit of variety. but if the gecko is nt yet eating the CGD, then i wait untill he is accepting the diet and then once that is ok, i adda few crix on snack day.

Old 02-26-2007, 05:24 PM   #9
garweft
I feed my cresteds crickets once a week, sometimes twice if I accidentally grab too many crickets for the leopards to eat and I don't feel like putting the extra crickets away. It works nice to stimulate them and get them really active, plus it's fun to watch.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!