Anyone hed any problems with The Reptile Depot - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-16-2005, 09:44 AM   #1
tenneseejed
Anyone hed any problems with The Reptile Depot

I placed an order with them(The Reptile Depot) on the 13th of January, I immediately after paying with paypal recieved a conformation that i payed and orders will be processed within 24 hours and shipped out generally within 5 days.

There were some items on my order i wasnt wanting to order and once i got my confirmation email,well this is were i realized there were items on there i didnt want to order,So i immediately emailed the reptile depot and have been doing so since January 13th 5 minutes after i placed order and i Have yet to recieve a reply to any of my emails!

I also have been calling them daily during there supposed hours of operation and it tells me that the number im calling cannot be reached at this time.

So please if anyone can tell me what i should do in this matter .I have read some post on here and they have a pretty good rep from what i have found,So i am totally confused as to why i am having so many problems with them.

I really am stressing over my 173$ that im starting to feel i just gave away.
So any insight on this matter,The Reptile Depot and How i can get into touch with The Reptile Depot will be greatly appreciated.

Old 01-16-2005, 10:11 AM   #2
montezuma
I don't know who told you they were good. Living here within hours from them I see them at every show. I see them selling items that are in need of TLC and there isn't much that can be done about it.
About your issue... remember that they are on the West Coast so subtract a few hours from your time and call them on the week days. If their phone number isn't on their website let me know, I have their card somewhere.

Old 01-16-2005, 11:33 AM   #3
lyndz915
I bought my Albino Bullfrog from them about a year ago. It was packaged better than Reptile City. (Do not buy from Reptile City). It asnt a bad experience, but when i tried to contact them through email with a few questions about my frog, they seemed pretty clueless and took days to respond.

Sharon Wells

Old 01-16-2005, 11:41 AM   #4
Wilomn
Guys, if you use the search function, and have some time, you can find that you are not alone.

Old 01-18-2005, 06:40 PM   #5
FreeAgent
Well

When you do get them on the phone, be ready to spit out what you have to say in about 5 seconds, thats how long they want to talk to you.
On the positive side, they were always good at taking care of mistakes when they made them, at least in my experience.
best of luck

Old 01-19-2005, 06:46 PM   #6
redrott
reptile depot

Reptile depot is terrible. Do search for them and you will see. I ordered some crickets this past summer and there customer service is a joke. They will tell you they will call you back and they won't. Your best bet will be to file a complaint with the better business bureau in your area. Even as bad as I hate them I don' t think they try to screw people on purpose. They just don't know how to run a business and get mad when you want them to fix the problem. IF you ordered with a credit card the credit card company may be able to help you out with the problem.

Old 01-20-2005, 04:55 PM   #7
rabbit
helemets purchased from reptile depot

I bought some helmeted geckos from them they were in very poor shape dehy and starving very unhealthy animals i emailed them but they never replyed back I lost alot of hard earned money from them I wont ever do bussiness with them again. I asked if they were eating well they said yes and when I recevied them one was healthy the other three were very thin and were near death weak. watch out for them make sure they take some extra pics of the animals because what they show in one pic might not be what your getting.

Old 10-31-2008, 01:52 PM   #8
IncaKola
Check out my experience with Reptile Depot
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...=reptile+depot

Old 11-01-2008, 12:49 PM   #9
Junkyard
Rob, why did you bring this back up? You have not even posted in your own thread in 18 months.

Old 11-20-2008, 08:32 PM   #10
klonedskillz
They are Very bad at bisness i baught some items from them on 6-1-08 never recieved them 3 weeks later been calling every week since then and still no items or refund its now 11-20-08

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!