My knob-tail eggs are overdue.. help! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 01-12-2013, 12:15 AM   #1
Jess646
My knob-tail eggs are overdue.. help!

I have incubated 2 pairs of knob-tail eggs, 2 wheeleri, 2 milii, at 82 degrees in proper conditions. I was told that these eggs usually take 60-70 days to hatch. It's now been close to 85 days on the wheeleri, a week less on the milii. These eggs are definitely fertile, as they have all been candled, and I have even seen dramatic movement inside a few times while candling, so I know at least that baby hasn't died or anything. Is there a point at which I should open these eggs? My instincts tell me no, but I've seen Youtube videos of people doing this with snake eggs, and I'm just wondering if I'm supposed to jump in at some point here. I'm probably just being impatient, but I really don't want my babies to die because they couldn't figure out how to get out of their eggs.. lol. How long is too long of a hatching time?? Thank you guys-
Jessica

Old 01-12-2013, 11:47 AM   #2
defcon222
I don't know about other people, but I had a few crested and leo eggs go almost 90 days later in the season (eggs laid in September/October that 'should' have hatched in November/December, but hatched at the end of December).

I would leave them alone. the 60-70 day is an average and these eggs may just be taking their time. Also keep in mind that eggs which take longer to hatch should have some stronger babies, as they have had more time to develop and adsorb the yolk.

Old 01-13-2013, 03:00 AM   #3
Jess646
Thank you!

Thanks so much for your advice! It definitely makes me feel better! Much appreciated.. Will let you know if/when they hatch.
-Jessica

Quote:
Originally Posted by defcon222 View Post
I don't know about other people, but I had a few crested and leo eggs go almost 90 days later in the season (eggs laid in September/October that 'should' have hatched in November/December, but hatched at the end of December).

I would leave them alone. the 60-70 day is an average and these eggs may just be taking their time. Also keep in mind that eggs which take longer to hatch should have some stronger babies, as they have had more time to develop and adsorb the yolk.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
eggs in incubator, geckos, incubation, knob tail gecko