Inquiry: "Johnny Wishbone" (Johnnywishbone90@yahoo.com) - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-09-2008, 07:52 AM   #1
onegothmama
Question Inquiry: "Johnny Wishbone" (Johnnywishbone90@yahoo.com)

This just seems plain old suspicious to me:
Redfoot Tortoises
You may not know this sender. Mark as safe | Mark as unsafe
Sent:Fri 5/09/08 9:28 AM
To: megan592@hotmail.com

Hello I\'d like to know if your item is still available. If it is and is exactly as you described I would definitely be interested in Buying it. If you have any additional pictures of the item then that would be very lovely,but either way is ok. Anyway,I can pay by business/cashier check or money order. I do a lot of traveling and my company has me in cities in about two weeks so this will work out nicely. i will like to tell you that moving cost will be added to the money am sending to you so that i can have the item pick up asap and upon the clearance of the payment then my mover will get set for pick up. .so tell me your last price you are willing to sell and get back to me with your payment details: full name and address and phone number in case I need to call you As soon as I hear from you I\'ll just shoot you payment in the mail.I will be waiting for your swift respond

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

And again!

Well started Baby Columbian Red Tail Boas!
Sent:Fri 5/09/08 9:27 AM

Hello I\'d like to know if your item is still available. If it is and is exactly as you described I would definitely be interested in Buying it. If you have any additional pictures of the item then that would be very lovely,but either way is ok. Anyway,I can pay by business/cashier check or money order. I do a lot of traveling and my company has me in cities in about two weeks so this will work out nicely. i will like to tell you that moving cost will be added to the money am sending to you so that i can have the item pick up asap and upon the clearance of the payment then my mover will get set for pick up. .so tell me your last price you are willing to sell and get back to me with your payment details: full name and address and phone number in case I need to call you As soon as I hear from you I\'ll just shoot you payment in the mail.I will be waiting for your swift respond

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And again!

Baby Mali Uromastyx - Great Starter Lizard for kids
Sent:Fri 5/09/08 9:23 AM

I don't want to seem naive, but this seems like a cautionary situation!

Megan Adam

Old 05-09-2008, 08:56 AM   #2
John E Dove
Looks like another version of the Nigerian scam to me.
Reply and tell them you accept ONLY United States Postal Money Orders, if paid by any method other than cash, and payment must be made 2 weeks prior to pick up or shipping.

Old 05-09-2008, 10:06 AM   #3
cyberfrog
Johnny Wishbone was an alias Eddie Murphy used in I belive the 2nd or 3rd Beverly Hills Cop movie. He was supposed to be a Jamaican psychic. Seems to be an obvious scam to me.

Old 05-09-2008, 10:17 AM   #4
onegothmama
Good Catch on the Eddie Murphy thing!

I did as suggested and sent that person an email requiring a postal money order sent overnight with a tracking number at least 2 weeks before the scheduled pick up date. I doubt I'll hear back, but if I do I'll post!

Old 05-09-2008, 12:52 PM   #5
onegothmama
This is the email that i sent to "Johnny":

RE: Redfoot Tortoises
Sent:Fri 5/09/08 4:49 PM
To: Johnny Wishbone (johnnywishbone90@yahoo.com)

Hi "Johnny" -
You must be quite the Eddie Murphy fan. I can do business under the following terms: I need a U.S. POSTAL money order sent overnight with a tracking number. Pick up will be set for 14 days after receipt of the money order. I do not accept money orders written for more that the amount of purchase + shipping and I do not give "change" from money orders. the animals will not be considered held until I am able to confirm tracking on the money order. If the payment is invalid, the animals will be released for sale and necessary action will be taken. All prices in the ads are final. I will not provide my address without confirming yours first. Thanks for your interest!

Megan

Old 05-09-2008, 01:54 PM   #6
dumje
Johnny Wishbone from the island of St. Croix?????

You have never heard of him...watch some movies...that is the character that Eddie Murphy pretends to be in Beverly Hills Cop II.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!