Claude Davis- Poor customer service - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 03-06-2008, 03:41 PM   #11
hhmoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Animal34343
When I say his ad and responded to it, it was under the general geckos for sale section. I don't even go into the wholesale section.
That's what I suspected.
If he wants to deal only with jobbers, wholesalers, shops, and "legitimate" businesses, that is his right...but if he is going to make comments like the one shown above, and not deal with hobbyists, he should advertise accordingly.

Old 03-06-2008, 04:16 PM   #12
Lynn
I am with Kelli on this one.. I have known Claude for 10 plus years.. He is a very busy man trying to better himself in life. Claude has always been upfront on his reptiles.. If you would do a search you will find lots of good threads about him. When I contact him it might take him time but he gets back to me. Yes there is other complaints about him not getting back from other people...But I tell you one thing it is worth the wait.

I to think this thread should of never been started. Wy did'nt you add to the existing links?

Old 03-06-2008, 05:42 PM   #13
LauraB
With all due respect, it seems to me that if i emailed an inquiry to someone and I didn't get a response within, let's say one week, I would logically assume I need to look elsewhere. Crazy notion, I know.
Even moreso since you actually had a deadline on when you wanted them shipped. ("I wanted to place my order to be shipped the 24th")
The animals you and friends were attempting to buy are common and easily located elsewhere, so why the big deal? A wholesale deal is cheaper, to be sure.

Additionally, here's one screen shot (not the best quality, but certainly readable) of an ad he placed 2-25-08. This ad, at least, leaves little doubt as to who he intends to deal with.
Attached Images

Old 03-06-2008, 06:10 PM   #14
hhmoore
Well, it looks like he is targeting his desired customer base, then.

Old 03-06-2008, 11:50 PM   #15
LauraB
even more weird ....

Alisyn posted an inquiry about him back on 10-16-07, saying even then she'd emailed him about an ETB she wanted and not received a response. She said then that his email box was full, and that his phone/fax just led to his fax.

Post from 10-16-07

Response posts on her thread confirmed that yes, he was difficult to reach, he was a very busy man, but was definitely one of the good guys. So uh ... just why is this "poor customer service" post here? How can there be poor customer service when you've never been a customer?

Just want to add; I don't know Claude Davis and have never done business with Claude Davis.

** and only now did I realize I forgot my full name on my previous post. My apologies for that omission.

~ Laura Bolt

Old 03-07-2008, 12:03 AM   #16
Animal34343
When I first emailed him, it was before 2-25 when he placed that ad saying only wholesale customers. I also haven't seen any other ads of his since then on the normal retail geckos page. Maybe he decided he only wanted to deal with wholesale and not regular hobbyists. So then maybe he decided not to answer any emails from hobbyists and not post any more retail ads. Just a thought.

Old 03-07-2008, 01:36 AM   #17
Nagini
That was when I originally contacted him on some info. Didnt receive an answer but figured I'd try again. When I got ahold of him I figured things might have changed. Like I stated earlier, Laura this thread is not about him being a 'bad guy', I never said I was a customer, I was trying to be one. This is about his poor customer service. I work in customer service for a living, I know if I acted this way towards our customers I would be fired.

Old 05-09-2008, 06:52 PM   #18
fedupdon
Thumbs up Claude Davis

I have bought from Mr. Claude Davis and found that his animals were of good quality he did tell me he was a wholesale dealer up front .Mr. Davis a good man to deal with he dose stay busy and can be a little hard to catch but he has always done right by me

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!