DTS herps want refund - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-05-2007, 06:10 AM   #11
KNOBTAIL
It may be

Dan , who worked part time for Ben Siegel. But I am not 100% positive. If so, he is an individual who is probably selling herps from other peoples list.

If would be him if he is in So. FL. Appears to be a nice guy, but your not dealing with a business.

Old 04-05-2007, 09:21 AM   #12
Beaker
I just completed a transaction with Dan to purchase a pair of thayeri. He did a great job, even sent extra pics. I know Dan kind of operates as a middleman...buys from a breeder and sells. Im guessing he had to buy the monitor and now you decided you didnt want it.

Many things can happen that delay a shipment for one day. The fact that you no longer want the monitor suggests an impulsive buy on your part. If the seller was stringing you along over multiple days or weeks, thats a different story...but that doesnt seem to be the case.

Old 04-05-2007, 09:33 AM   #13
SPJ
Tough call but since the buyer is out a days pay since the animal never shipped when it was supposed to and he would have to lose another days pay when (if) it actually arrives, I can see him not wanting to take a chance on it not showing up a second time from Dan.

It may not be a lot of money for the sav but when you factor in lost time from work waiting on the package and having to do that again, I can see where he is reluctant.

Have you explained the time off from work situation and offered to take a refund when the animal gets sold to someone else?

Did Dan commit to it arriving that day or did you just assume he was shipping that day?

Posting the emails between the two of you will help a lot.

Old 04-05-2007, 09:56 AM   #14
KNOBTAIL
how much

does a phone call cost? Its a simple courtesy that does not involve any majorthinking on the sellers part. He already received the money, so how about some common sense here.

If you cannot meet your obligations , then at least notify the buyer. Thats the least you can do.

Old 04-05-2007, 09:57 AM   #15
SPJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by KNOBTAIL
does a phone call cost? Its a simple courtesy that does not involve any majorthinking on the sellers part. He already received the money, so how about some common sense here.

If you cannot meet your obligations , then at least notify the buyer. Thats the least you can do.
Exactly.

Old 04-05-2007, 01:29 PM   #16
tac6
It was shipped via Delta Dash appropriately packaged

Old 04-05-2007, 11:00 PM   #17
Dan Scolaro
I had purchased a savannah monitor baby. He was nice enough to get a pic of it. I took last friday off work to recieve the package. No package, said he was busy. Fine he was busy. I decided I just wanted a refund. Decided against getting the sav over the weekend. He told me his supplier does not give refunds. It is only $50. I all I wanted was a just refund. Nothing more. Anyone had any trouble with DTS herps?

Logan Weideman

Mr. Weideman’s statements of events above are not perhaps an accurate depiction of the facts as they could mislead. As read from his statements below, his words from his emails somewhat discredit his statements and the troubled scenario he paints.

Mr. Weideman emailed and inquired to receive photographs (if I had any) of nicely colored baby savannah monitors in stock: “Did you ever get any pics of the nice holdbacks? I was interested in the nicest one you have. I would pay a little extra for it.” I did, and provided such photographs and he seemed very pleased to the extent I went to help him select a nice specimen: His response to my efforts: “Thanks for all the info and taking the pics. Most people just laugh at me when I want a pic of $25 reptile.”

Mr. Weideman selected a nice reddish savannah monitor, and despite his offer to pay more, I only charged him $25 dollars, the advertised price for a regular specimen. We agreed that I would ship on Monday, March 26, 2007. Mr. Weideman contacted afterward to request to reschedule the shipment for Thursday, March 29, 2007. Mr. Weideman's claim to have taken off from work to imply or convey that that I had such knowledge of it, and ignored it, is most misleading and false. Mr. Weideman's emailed words: “Have talking with the wife, if i could move shipping to Thursday that would be great. One of us for sure will be home Friday.”

I agreed to ship but was unable to because of unscheduled events that I cannot even recall at this moment? However I was quick to email and notify Mr. Weidner that same day and offered to ship the following day, Friday, for Saturday delivery. Mr. Weideman declined as it might risk the animal of course and I think that was a good idea anyway. Regardless, I would have checked the temps before a firm arrangement, and it was very cold where he lived all week, so I would have declined to ship anyway during that week.

Mr. Weideman's statment above of "nothing more" is not accurate. Over the weekend, Mr. Weideman then asked to purchase other monitor species. Mr. Weideman's email: “I was going to ask do you have any other monitors? I am might also be interested in a smaller monitor.” “Well I am looking for an Ackie, red or yellow.” “what other Lizards do you have? I am thinking about somthing different than a sav.” “What about a baby peach throat monitor? I have noticed them on the board it must be the season.”

I informed Mr. Weideman that I would spend extra time seeking out his reptile request. He responded: “Sounds good. Thanks for looking.” I located some black-roughnecks: “No ackies or peachthroats but saw some black roughneck and mangrove monitors around.” Mr. Weideman responded: “Do you think you will beable to find either of these? If not I will probably will just take a refund. Let me know either way” I responded to Mr. Weidner: “Sorry, but my supplier does not issue refunds, so I can send the savannah as planned or can apply credit towards another animal. I have many ads running, so please let me know”

Mr. Weideman was not dissatisfied in the least, and did not further pursue a refund as he alludes to in his statment above. Mr. Weideman's response: “Well let me know what monitors you can get. A list would be great, I will go from there.” Further, he seemed to want to be very nice and very patient to wait to get something else for the credit he accepted without any sign of dissatisfaction or complaint: “if you can get somthing but it takes a couple weeks that is ok.”

That is about the synopisis of our transaction:

A couple of days ago, out of the blue, Mr. Weideman emailed: “Do you still have any of the pacman frogs?” I responded yes, and he said he would take one. I said OK and that was that. Yesterday, I checked his temperatures at his location and discovered they were below 40 degrees etc and emailed him that I would ship Monday when its warmer, and that is what I plan to do.

Also, I informed Mr. Weideman that his statement was not an accurate depiction of our transaction, and asked him to apologize or include the actual wording from our arrangements. He has also filed a claim against me in Paypal. He has not of course changed his statements etc.

During our discussions, Mr. Weideman sorta expressed he was a dealer, indicating he shipped before to people, and sold reptiles etc before and I thought it sorta odd that he just somehow asked for a refund without any reason etc? I do issue refunds if the animal was lost etc or am not able to provide the specimen someone selects or if there was an emergency need for the monies etc or even if someone has a reason etc? As in his case, he just seemed to agree that accepting credit for another reptile was fine.

Also, I do have a proper Florida Reptile Seller's License to sell reptiles and only advertise and sell what I have in hand and in stock and personally captive breed many species and am glad to track down a special request for a customer as shown per Mr. Weideman's request and many other request etc. I do not sell from other folks stocklists etc.

I wrote this in a rush, so I apologize for the huff and spelling errors.

Old 05-13-2008, 08:18 PM   #19
Dan Scolaro
Dennis: Are you just hopping around mad that I won't sell you any candoia or are you mad I said you were part of the coin carrying board of idiots?

Dan

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!