Contact Michael Enriquez to Buy Dead/Sick Animals - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-05-2008, 10:18 PM   #1
tortaboy
Contact Michael Enriquez to Buy Dead/Sick Animals

IF YOU BUY ANYTHING FROM MICHAEL ENRIQUEZ EVER, YOU GOTTA BE CRAZY. HE DOES NOT TAKE CARE OF HIS ANIMALS, PREFERRING TO "SELL" HIS PROBLEMS.

I bought two Burmese Browns that Michael CLAIMED were LTC-18 Months and VERY HEALTHY.

This is what I received.

1 male Burmese Adult DOA. His spinchter muscle relaxed upon death, emptying his bowels. The droppings were full of worms. Not microscopic worms like you would expect from small parasites...these were some type of long, skinny parasitic worms. Obviously, this tortoise had not been taken care of, even though it was plain to see he had a major worm invasion going on.

What kind of a loser raises tortoises, and doesn't even treat them for worms when they show all the signs...a loser like Michael Enriquez..that is who. Instead of treating them with worm medicine, Michael sells them. Then claims that he sold his CLAIMED Healthy animals as "As Is".

After seeing the worms come out of the male, I told him I was going to send the female back. He could pay for shipping because he should never have sent the diseased/dying animals. Michael said okay, then after I shipped the female, he claimed, "Nobody pays for shipping both ways". Because I was unfortunate enough to have met Michael, I spent $100 of my money to ship his sick animal back.

ANYONE WANT TO SEE PIC'S, I HAVE THEM.

MICHAEL ENRIQUEZ REPRESENTS EVERYTHING BAD ABOUT THE REPTILE INDUSTRY. IT IS IMPORTANT THAT WE DRIVE PEOPLE THAT SELL SICK AND DYING ANIMALS OUT OF THE BUSINESS.

Old 05-05-2008, 10:34 PM   #2
John E Dove
Mr. Gach,
It would be helpful to everyone if you could supply all emails exchanged between you starting from the day you inquired into making this purchase.

Old 05-06-2008, 01:07 AM   #3
tortaboy
The initial conversations were on my work computer as I was away on a trip. Here are some of the exchanges between us. The bad part is, Michael is selling animals that are obviously sick. The male tortoise was doa, the female never ate a thing in 5 days. Not even a piece of banana. Would not drink anything even when being dipped.

What say everyone? If you received diseased animals, and you send them back, who should be stuck with that air bill? If Michael had taken care of his animals, and actually went to a animal doctor called a VET, this would all be a non issue. Instead, Michael makes his problems, everyone elses problems....

Instead, I paid $100 to send Michael back his own dying animals??????? Then he has the nerve to question my complaint about why he would ever ship animals like this in the first place.

MICHAEL ENRIQUEZ = DEATH AND DISEASE. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

well...then i guess there are 2 scenarios...I will look for a male in the short term...or the female gets shipped back to me. I will make some calls and go surfing the internet today.

mike

Hi Mike,

I am also sorry the tortoise did not make it.

A $300 refund does me absolutely no good.

My customer asked for a healthy pair. A lone female is not what he wants or needs. God knows, I have no use for a brown tort...I raise Leopards.

The male shit itself, and had small, pink slender worms all throughout his poop, on his butt. Obviously, he had a problem with a major worm load, and probably should not have been shipped. I can send you pictures.

I need you to make this right, whether or not I need to ship the female back to you.

I am sorry the animal did not make it. More sorry for the animal. They where a nice pair ... my only guess is it was a little stressed out.

The shipping cost $91

after pay pal took their chunk it left me with $681.

To me the female is worth more than the male also...but leaving that out of the equation I would say a refund of $300 is fair compensation to be returned. If that is fair to you I will send the refund tonight. I really apoligize. I have shipped many animals and when 1 dies it sucks...I have only had it happen a few times.

Mike

Old 05-06-2008, 01:09 AM   #4
tortaboy
COMMENT FROM MICHAEL ON SENDING OUT HIS SICK ANIMALS:

I also do not want it too look like I am hiding anything. These are LTC and I am not sure if I had ever mentioned to you or if it was someone else...but they where never treated. I prefer to take WC and put them in a pen as big as possible and let them settle in. These 2 where doing great from the moment we had them together and have been going strong since the Fall of 2006.

I have several people looking for males as I type this and with any luck I will have an answer for you tonight if not tomorrow.

I will try and make this right for your customer.

mike

Old 05-06-2008, 01:13 AM   #5
tortaboy
Michael still refuses to acknowledge the animals should not have been shipped. EVEN after the first one died, and the second one will not eat or drink. Obviously, Michael just gets garbage animals straight from the importers and tries to make a buck selling them to others.

Again I ask everyone. Should I be out $100 to send Michael back his diseased animals? A stand up guy would not even ship these animals.

IF YOU DO BUSINESS WITH MICHAEL ENRIQUEZ, EXPECT TO RECEIVE DEAD OR DYING ANIMALS..THAT'S THE BOTTOM LINE.

I agree with you...its not your fault and you will get your money returned...after the last 1 is returned. I disagree with you on the tortoise though. I believe they where fit to be shipped. I stated when they where shipped these where long term captive and they where never treated for worms. They where as is. I believe this was a negative transaction for both of us and will turn out as positive as possible in the end.

mike
-------------- Original message from "The Worm Dude" <TheWormDude@Comcast.Net>: --------------

Michael,

USPS would not take this package. I was able to ship on Saturday via Delta Dash, but the package will not arrive in Ft Lauderdale until 10:34pm. This is due to the timing of the flights. I could not get an earlier flight.

Just fyi, I have opened a claim with Paypal. As long as all my money is returned(Including shipping back), I will be happy to close the case. I should not be out any money on this transaction. It was not my fault that the diseased tortoises were shipped. Had the dead tortoise not come full of worms, I would chalk it up to bad luck, but these tortoises were shipped needing medical care, and they should have never been sold until they were healthy.

I would prefer to keep this between us.

Jerry

Old 05-06-2008, 08:47 AM   #6
John E Dove
Quote:
Originally Posted by tortaboy
EVEN after the first one died, and the second one will not eat or drink. Obviously, Michael just gets garbage animals straight from the importers and tries to make a buck selling them to others.
Your statement here is showing your frustration so I’ll over look the term “garbage animals”, but would like to point out that no animals are garbage they have just been taken from their wild homes and put under severe stress exacerbating any preexisting conditions that may have been survivable in the wild.
Many people sell WC/LTC imports and that is not necessarily a bad thing. Many of the species now marketed as CBB were WC imports a few generations ago. Without the people selling the imports we would be limited to native species only.

I would also like to point out that LTC means that the animal has been in captivity, period. Some importers count the LTC time as starting from they day they were captured in their native country so the term LTC really just means the same as WC. As far as any real standards go there are no standards determining what constitutes LTC.
ALL WCs or LTCs should be suspect of carrying parasite loads, even if the seller says they treated for parasites because a proper treatment regimen may not have been followed. In this case you were informed that they were untreated and should have understood that parasites were likely present.

Emails could have saved a lot of questions by interested parties but…..
Since you are not able to supply emails for us please outline the deal.

What EXACTLY was offered?

Were they sold to you as a breeder pair or was there a price for the male and a price for the female being set?

You were apparently informed that these were untreated animals so the parasite load point is moot in regard to the initial deal.

How was the shipping? Was the DOA on it's back when it arrived? Was there room in the container for it to be slammed around during shipping?

Was the animal alive when it arrived or dead in the shipping container?

How long after they arrived did you discover the death?

Did a Necropsy determine the cause of death or were you guessing based on parasites leaving the body?

Were you offered a free replacement animal shipped on the seller's dime?

Did the seller demand return of the DOA for a replacement?

How did you ship it/them back to the seller? Was that your choice of shipper or his?

Again what exactly did you pay for shipping, each way?

Old 05-06-2008, 09:34 AM   #7
dumje
Mr. Dove

I am glad you have seen what this has come too. You also participated in the other 2 threads that I started on the general business section and shipping forums. If all interested parties could please goto those forums and read the what has already been said. You will find that I have done what anybody else would have done. My actions are no different then anyone else.

I also would like to point out I have not read too much of this thread already but I have already seen 2 bold face lies.

FIRST LIE.... he agrees these where sold to him as LTC...we did discuss that over email. But We had a phone conversation...several infact...it was stated that these where NEVER treated. They had parasites...who here would not expect never treated animals to not have parasites?

SECOND LIE...I had offered a replacement ...in fact the replacment was going to cost me a lot...I would have ended up making next to nothing on the deal. Not a bad exchange to do the right thing. He refused...insisting on sending my animal back...I agreed for him to do that. I never agreed for him to ship me the animal on my dime. He emailed me on Satuday morning informing me he was late getting in to town and he would be sending them out on sunday and he would send me the bill...I informed him that I would not be paying that bill and he would be better off recieving the replacment.

I also would like to point out...this guy is very rude...very quick to jump the gun and not rational in his thoughts. Without question I was refunding TOTAL what he paid in the begining. I have had people suggest too me I should not have refunded all of the cost of shipping.

Please tell me what I have done wrong...I will listen to all rational people on this board or the other 2 forums.

thanks

Old 05-06-2008, 09:57 AM   #8
dumje
A question on the other forum was asked if a necropsy was done and was the dead animal returned.

NO on both.

He did send me pictures...I did not request them.

He did the right thing and called me while he was at the airport...he had never given me any reason to think he would lie...and also why wouls some one lie about the male? He had to be telling the truth...I said I had to think about what needed to be done.

I first offered a partial refund...he then said that would not be good...he needed both for his customer.

Which by the way turned from a friend to a customer over night...I assumed it still is a friend and he used the word customer to try and make me feel guilty.

I then responded with the 2 possibilites that where left...a replacement on my dime or he would have to ship the female back.

When I recieved the female I refunded the money paid as soon as I got home.

He theatened the BOI and Kingsnake. I came too fauna and began to ask questions...I felt I was right and still feel I am right based on responses in the other 2 forums.

Old 05-06-2008, 10:22 AM   #9
dumje
Now that I have read a little more...nothing was EVER mentioned to me about the Female not eating with by email or phone. I have all emails saved...I will post emails that are appropriate.

Old 05-06-2008, 10:37 AM   #10
ravensgait
Michael, I've read the other threads and I don't see what you seem to be getting from the responses there, as all the facts were not presented. From what was said here Jerry received a dead animal and an unhealthy animal. He returned the unhealthy animal to you and you should pay for that animals shipping cost.. Randy

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!