Bad Guy Drew at Underground Reptiles stole 784$ - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-30-2014, 06:17 PM   #1
Joe9874
Thumbs down Drew at Underground Reptiles stole 784$

On Thursday at approx 5pm, just before the most recent Fort Lauderdale Repticon, I called to place a wholesale order that I would pick up late friday night. Since they would be closed by the time I got there, he said he would not be getting any reptiles ready until that night, and I could change my order at the time I got there by adding or removing reptiles form my order, and my total would be altered then. I chose to see my animals before I paid because the last time I was there, I was sent home with a savannah monitor with snot pouring out of his nose.

I was asked for my credit card to "hold" the order, even tho he would not be bagging up any reptiles until the following afternoon.

At 7pm, only two hours after I previously spoke to Drew, I told him I would not be able to make the order, as I would not be able to do the show, and was not going to be able to drive the 5.5 hours there and back. Drew said, I am sorry but I ran your card for the 784$ and I dont know that I will be able to give you your money back as we have a strict refund policy. (it is on their website, but Not stated on their wholesale price list) Drew told me he had to ask his owner and he would get back to me. Note: a processing payment can be immediately cancelled in no time.

At 5:30pm the following day, Drew finally *texted* me saying that the owner cannot refund my money and I now have 784$ in store credit. Interesting how at around 5pm, my payment officially processed, showing he waited until the payment processed to tell me he could not refund it. Also it wouldnt have been until later that afternoon that he had done any actual work to earn 784$ of my hard earned money. Underground Reptiles now has 784$ of my money, and I have nothing to show for it. I am awaiting my bank to get Underground to refund my money as they are stubborn and incredibly unprofessional.

I absolutely will NOT stand for losing almost 800$. I cant imagine anyone would

Old 09-30-2014, 06:35 PM   #2
Dispute the charges with your cc company.

Old 09-30-2014, 07:36 PM   #3
EmeraldBoid
Screenshot of the text? Just wondering as it will be the most frequently asked question.

Old 09-30-2014, 10:39 PM   #4
predators
I am sorry this happened to you as you are now trapped in the web of underground reptiles and they may run you ragged trying to obtain your money back. This is Textbook U.G. bunsiness practices. They technically are not stealing your money but, they do business around this gray area that is so shady. Some people pay for something and get what they ordered and its nice. They are the lucky ones. If there is ever an issue or something, slightly out of the norm regarding a transaction they will run you around with there lack of communication, lack of refund, lack of reasoning and it will drive you mad. Absolutely infuriating.

In your particular case there is no reason what so ever they should keep your money and offer store credit and believe me if you make enough of a fuss, and if you mention a chargeback and by posting here you will eventually be made whole. However, many people do not contest there practices and they get stuck taking whatever solution UG offers which is always to there benefit.
I do not think they will flat out steal the money. I do not think they are thieves but, this is typical of how the owner trains his employees to deal with refunds, credits, issues etc.. There is a formula they follow because they know more often than not they will win because people just give up fighting..
Your best bet is to call and Ask for Rian G. the owner. Be persistent. At least then your dealing with someone who can make a decision.

Old 09-30-2014, 11:01 PM   #5
UndergroundReptiles
Mr. Richichi,

On Thursday evening either yourself or a someone working for you under the of Ready To Go Reptiles placed a wholesale order with us. Your orders, as all orders, was processed and placed through an order form system we use. This order form generates a packing list and is linked to a card processor we use. No orders are ever held with a credit card without charging the card since this cannot be done with the form we created. This is why we ask for payment and payment information when the order is given. As per our terms of service we do not offer refunds. We are happy to offer you full credit which can be used anytime in the future or a refund minus a 15% restocking fee. All this information is listed on our site, which is the same site you have to visit to initially sign up to receive our wholesale list. We never tried to keep this information from you and are always happy to answer any question you may have regarding our terms. We understand that not everyone may like these terms but no one is forced our tricked into buying from us if they don't. Also though you contacted us within a few hours to cancel the order, you have to keep in mind the time and man hours that goes into canceling orders, notifying the right staff to cancel the order, reposting the correct stock quantities, possibly reposting ads, etc. This is why we created the policy the way we did. When you called to cancel Drew explained these same terms promptly. You were unhappy with them but again he did nothing to trick or rob you. You have already chosen to file a chargeback which we have received, but again nothing was done underhanded to you or your business. We treated you the same way and worked you with the same we do everyone else. I apologize we could not give you preferential treatment, but did not feel it would be fair to others who have followed and understood these terms. I am happy to still work with you and would love to keep your business. If there is anything else I can do for you please let me know. Thank you.

Rian Gittman

Old 10-01-2014, 12:06 AM   #6
Get Sum
[quote=Joe9874;1759457]On Thursday at approx 5pm, just before the most recent Fort Lauderdale Repticon, I called to place a wholesale order that I would pick up late friday night.

I am a little confused here?? "The last Ft. Lauderdale Repticon show was months ago", why are you posting this now? Are you referring to the (1) day show that was in Ft. Pierce this past Saturday?

Furthermore, Are you stating that you purchase animals on a regular basis at wholesale the night before a show to re-sell them the following day? How in the heck can you do that with a clear conscious? How do you know if the animals are healthy, eating or have mites?

That is just wrong...A flipper of the worst kind. I vend all of those shows. I take pride in the animals I bring. I know their complete history and guarantee them 1000%. How do you guarantee an animal that you have taken possession of only hours before offering it for sale?

Jason Weinrich
Morph Jungle

Old 10-01-2014, 02:31 AM   #7
predators
I do not have a dog in this fight and honestly, I do not want to get too far in the middle but, U.G's response is gobbledy gook.

I can understand if the order was shipped and then returned sure a restocking fee might apply but, the order was cancelled by the customer 2 hours after he placed the order. I doubt any work was done, items were packed or, much man power was wasted. This to me is a tactic to get a $100 fee from this customer because he had a change of heart. The owner makes it seem like all of this work was done, with forms and computers and stocking and inventory charts etc. Please I am not buying it.... We are not in the restaurant business where the food would be wasted, or the clothing business where the clothes would have to be resold at a discount after the customer wore them already then returned them. This customer cancelled before any work was done. No company wants to take an order and then have it cancelled but, I am sure it does not happen often and I am sure since only 2 hours went by an exception to this unethical policy can be made. Also, just because it is in UG's terms and conditions does not nececarilly make it legal or binding.

In anycase, this boils down to UG's business ethics which in my opinion are questionable. The man cancelled his order 2 hours after he placed it, and you still charged his card and now are demanding a $100.00 to give it back.. Come on UG do the right thing here. Its pretty cut and dry IMO

Old 10-01-2014, 02:52 AM   #8
SobekSerpents
Charge backs. Your cc company will help you out no problem. Don't even argue with the guy, just call your company, provide them with everything and let them sort it out.

Old 10-01-2014, 10:36 AM   #9
brd7666
Quote:
Originally Posted by UndergroundReptiles View Post
As per our terms of service we do not offer refunds. We are happy to offer you full credit which can be used anytime in the future or a refund minus a 15% restocking fee.
If he never received anything, there would be nothing to restock. It's sad that you think you can hide behind these words. You are someone I would never do business with.

Old 10-01-2014, 10:49 AM   #10
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe9874 View Post
On Thursday at approx 5pm, just before the most recent Fort Lauderdale Repticon, I called to place a wholesale order that I would pick up late friday night. Since they would be closed by the time I got there, he said he would not be getting any reptiles ready until that night
Quote:

At 7pm, only two hours after I previously spoke to Drew, I told him I would not be able to make the order, as I would not be able to do the show, and was not going to be able to drive the 5.5 hours there and back. Drew said, I am sorry but I ran your card for the 784$ and I dont know that I will be able to give you your money back

Quote:

At 5:30pm the following day, Drew finally *texted* me saying that the owner cannot refund my money and I now have 784$ in store credit.

Joe,

I am hoping your chargeback is successful. I think it is outrageous that this company invoked their 'no refund' rule for an order only two hours old, where no actual physical work appears to have been done by the company other than running your card.
I am really glad you started a thread so that subsequent potential buyers see what may be in store for them should they choose to do business with this company.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!