Supplements? - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Chameleons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 04-11-2006, 11:44 AM   #11
Chameleon Company
Wendy,
Both supplements and nutrition are vital, as we all know. But they are also usually handled as two distinct vectors. We do have a discussion going on about gut-load in the fruit-fly thread, where I pointed out a simple tried-and-true gutload that does address the nutritional needs of the juvenile chameleon, and you shot it down based on what I feel is quite a stretch from one article written by another entity who did not draw your conclusions in the article. He wisely cautioned certain things. To date, no one has yet posted a staple gutload other than the effort I made.
You asked about supplements in the very first post:
Quote:
What supplements do you use for your chams and how often?
I gave a simple and broadly accepted regimen to follow. And you shot it down based on what? Gutload? You didn't ask about gutload. You have a supplement regimen which you posted. You didn't post a gutload. You didn't qualify it as being one way with a "good" gutload, and one way if its another gutload. As I said, its because they are usually discussed independently, but no one has dismissed the importance of either.

I agree with you here:
Quote:
I would not want people to think they can go to the local petco and buy a dozen crickets, never feed them and only use a supplement from time to time and have a living reptile for very long.
But who suggested otherwise? As I said, and you asked, I gave a supplementation regimen. That regimen is independent of how well you gutload. It is not in lieu of a gutload. By all means stress the importance of gutload over and over .... I'm with you there. Broader replies are one thing. But to state that a supplementation regimen "only counts if the owner has properly .... fed their insects", what do you mean? Using that qualifier for a supplementation regimen to "count", could we not also say that it only counts if the owner also hydrates properly, maintains temperature ranges, and practices good husbandry? I do not recommend a different supplementation schedule if the owner chooses not to gutload, etc. As I said, both are necessary. I have written extensively of gutloads and supplements in my website, as have many others. All are welcome to visit there. I won't be posting about it.

Out of the blue you post this:
Quote:
And no, I do not follow your advise of once every 10 days of liquid vitamins.
And "no" to what? Liquid vitamins were not yet mentioned in this thread.

In your next post, you say this:

Quote:
The liquid vitamin, yes is was a thing you told me privately (I never did use it but a few times) but I am surprised you have not suggested its use here to all of the cham owers, you only mention your use and frequency of dusting supplements.
Instead of saying "And no, I do not ..........", why didn't you instead just mention that we had spoken of liquid vitamins in the past, and what's my take now? As you see i my last post, I went ahead and covered that subject,
Quote:
........ the product is not commercially available at this time, as people think liquid is too messy.
I also took some time with the "broader reply" so as to not leave folks hanging. Somehow or another, in these threads which you started Wendy, I have become a lightening rod for disagreement to my experiences, at times with no supporting reasons stated. I did not post here in order to debate you just for the sake of disagreement. I am going to go and do us both a favor, and unsubscribe from these threads just as soon as I post this, as I do not mean to detract from your intent. Outta here

Old 04-11-2006, 12:46 PM   #12
dragonflyreptiles
I am not trying to debate or disagree with you but ADD to the information posted.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!