Help! Cup feeding issues!!! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Chameleons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 04-28-2006, 05:05 PM   #1
YJHB
Angry Help! Cup feeding issues!!!

WHY is it that all three of my chams suddenly prefer to be hand fed after being cup trained?? I always fill their cups with non climbing, gut loaded roaches and put a little piece of fruit or veggie to keep them gutloaded in the morning before I leave for work. For the past month, every time I get home from work around 3:30 pm there's no change in the number of roaches in their cups. So, I started taking the roaches out of their cups and offering them on my hand to my three panther chams (which are for sale, btw). Suddenly the same roaches they've been ignoring all day are just the greatest - they nearly leap out of their cages to take them! When fed this way, they eat every single roach offer until they're bursting!

What gives, am I doing something wrong with the cup feeding? I clean the cups every single day, and they're white so the B. Lateralis I feed them stand out...

Old 04-28-2006, 05:44 PM   #2
dragonflyreptiles
How old are they? And is it the same size cup you have always used?

I noticed in my panthers that once they hit a year old they would eat a lot every other or every 3rd day.

And they could just be getting spoiled....

Old 04-28-2006, 05:48 PM   #3
YJHB
One is just past a year old and the other two hit a year old next month. These are the same cups I started them on.

Wow, I've been feeding these critters 6-8 Lateralis EVERY day. No wonder they've been putting themselves on a diet.

I love spoiling these critters...it's just getting time consuming, lol

Old 04-28-2006, 06:21 PM   #4
dragonflyreptiles
Id take the cup for 2 days then see if they eat from it, it may be that its their age.

If they have gotten spoiled they may still not eat out of it, butyou can try 2 days then 3 and see what happens. Sometimes a different food will spark then to eat on their own again too.

Since you mentioned selling them, what kind are they?

Old 04-28-2006, 06:34 PM   #5
YJHB
I'm going out to get some big 'ole crix right after work tomorrow, so I can gutload them for a couple of days. What a great idea!

A virgin pair of Ambanjas and one virgin Ambilobe/Nosey Be cross, all three bought from Kammerflage Kreations. I have them advertised in the chameleons section. I'm asking $250 for the cross and $300 each for the Ambanjas, I'd take $550 for the Ambanja pair. I have never exposed the males to each other until today; I was recently told they color up when you do this. You should have seen how the Ambanja (Zeus) colored up, WOW! I've never seen anything like it! He literally turned greenish yellow between his glowing blue bands. What beauty! Charlie, the cross also got even brighter than he usually is.

It kills me to sell my beloved pets, but I'm unexpectedly expecting our first child (boy) and I know I won't have the time to devote to them that they deserve.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!