Thinking about getting into chameleons..HELP - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Chameleons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 04-22-2006, 01:24 PM   #11
dragonflyreptiles
Agreed, live plants are just better and with Veileds you do run the risk that they may injest fake leaves by mistake.

Babies are really tiny, I put them in a 20 tall (just what I have on hand, you can use a 10) until I actually see them eat for at least 5 days after hatching then I move then 10 to a 38 gallon until 4 weeks old them sell them.

For a permanent house you still need to start small for a baby then get a larger cage with growth, Veields grow fast so you can usually use a 20 tall til 6-8 weeks then they need to me moved to a screen cane, the wire cages are better because crickets will eat holes in the mesh of the reptariums. For 1 male you could go with a 2x2x4.

They are very good at hunting and will stalk their food, I just prefer smaller settings for smaller chams to make sure they find it easier at first.

Try Duane, he almost always has Veileds for sale: thechameleonguy@comcast.net, I have purchased 10 lots from him several times and they have always done very well for me!

Old 04-22-2006, 11:13 PM   #12
whitefire50
I will definately look him up when the time is rights. There are a lot of things to set up and it will take some time. More then anything, I want to be well prepared when I get my cham, instead of purchasing the cham and then piecing the equipment together. I hear that chams are sensitive and I would hate to kill the little bugger because I forgot to buy......
Anywho, you get the point.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!