skfu, any experience - good or bad? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 03-25-2002, 01:35 PM   #1
suefrederick
See a lot of ads from him, but don't know anything about him.
sue frederick

Old 03-25-2002, 08:41 PM   #2
kimtall
I have done 3 trades with Jason Aspley AKA SKFU and the first 2 went pretty well, but the third one I was not happy with. All in all, I got some great Jasksons Chameleons from him and 2 really nice female leopard gecko's. I also got a very skinny male leopard gecko, a female adult ball python that had a retained shedd that took me 2 weeks worth of soakings to get off, 1 female leopard gecko that was supposed to be a male, and 2 fat tail gecko's that were supposed to be 1.1 and were 0.2. The animals seemed healthy enough except for the male leopard gecko that has still not put on weight after 2 months of having him, but i was sent wrong sexes on a fat tail and a leopard gecko. When I told him I had received 0.1 leopard gecko's and 0.2 fat tails instead of 1.0 leopards and 1.1 fat tails he did not believe me and asked for pictures of all of their vents because he "could not see how he could make such a mistake". I will not trade with him again, but I did get some nice animals from him the first 2 trades.

Old 03-27-2002, 04:49 PM   #3
skfu
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (kimtall @ Mar. 25 2002,20:41)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I have done 3 trades with Jason Aspley AKA SKFU and the first 2 went pretty well, but the third one I was not happy with. All in all, I got some great Jasksons Chameleons from him and 2 really nice female leopard gecko's. I also got a very skinny male leopard gecko, a female adult ball python that had a retained shedd that took me 2 weeks worth of soakings to get off, 1 female leopard gecko that was supposed to be a male, and 2 fat tail gecko's that were supposed to be 1.1 and were 0.2. The animals seemed healthy enough except for the male leopard gecko that has still not put on weight after 2 months of having him, but i was sent wrong sexes on a fat tail and a leopard gecko. When I told him I had received 0.1 leopard gecko's and 0.2 fat tails instead of 1.0 leopards and 1.1 fat tails he did not believe me and asked for pictures of all of their vents because he "could not see how he could make such a mistake". I will not trade with him again, but I did get some nice animals from him the first 2 trades.</td></tr></table><span id='postcolor'>
I just asked you to send pics and I told you that I would not rip you off. &nbsp;I have not complained about the snakes I got from you that did not and will not eat. &nbsp;All I asked for was some pics and we would work this out but I never heard back from you. &nbsp;If that makes me a bad person, so be it
Thanks

E mail me with any questions
skfu@insightbb.com

Old 03-27-2002, 11:00 PM   #4
kimtall
Ok, Jason,
I never said you were a "bad person" I simply stated what my experiences trading with you were. You have implied that I am a "Crazy person" in another post. I have had 25 years of experience with reptiles and I know full well how to sex leopard and fat tail gecko's. Apparently you do not because they were the wrong sex. I was not about to put out the money to buy film and develope pictures for animals that I had no doubt were females. All I wanted to do was send the wrong sexes back and get males. Instead of letting me do that, you said you don't see how you could have made the mistake and asked me to send pics. Why couldn't you just take my word for it and send me the males in exchange? You would have seen for yourself that they were females. That is if you know how to sex them. I did not ever respond back because I thought your request was rediculous. Maybe I'm a "crazy person". As for the snakes I sent you, they ate for me without a problem.

Old 03-28-2002, 12:07 AM   #5
skfu
I have told you several times that I was not going to rip you off nor anyone else. &nbsp;I even tried to help you with the other problem you had with the guy that sent you dead lizards. &nbsp;I really would like the females rather than males. &nbsp;You never said anything about sending them back but if you want to, do so and I will send some males right out to you. &nbsp;I have also been in reptiles for MANY years and I think anyone can sex Leo's. That is why I am so shocked that they were wrong. &nbsp;Send them back if you like and you might try and get a digital camera to help with sales and things like this in the future.
Thanks

Old 11-17-2004, 03:03 PM   #6
dhserps
I Just sold SKFU

a sub-adult female Hog Island he was a pleasure to deal with and if he had something i was interestd in I wouldnt hesitate buying from him.
ThanksDaniel Haney

Old 11-17-2004, 05:18 PM   #7
reptilebreeder
Quote:
Originally posted by kimtall
Ok, Jason,
I was not about to put out the money to buy film and develope pictures for animals that I had no doubt were females. All I wanted to do was send the wrong sexes back and get males. Instead of letting me do that, you said you don't see how you could have made the mistake and asked me to send pics. Why couldn't you just take my word for it and send me the males in exchange? .
Geez. Asking for photos was a reasonable request. I don't know if you are a hobbiest or what, but I don't know anyone in this hobby who doesn't take photos of everything. I always have a roll of film in my camera, dealing in the herp hobby seems like you would be crazy not too. If you don't have a digital camera, regular film is what, about....... 0.25 cents a photo to develop. Maybe, skfu (didn't catch his/her name) will reemburse you the 0.75 cents.
I mean sorry to sound like a jerk, but it sounds like you are offended that he is questioning your 25 years of experience, because a photo shouldn't be that big a deal.
Just my 0.02 cents (you can use that towards the photos )

Old 11-17-2004, 06:20 PM   #8
jmkhet
Ive seen ad's from the guy everywhere but no responses to any of them, all i know. Josh McDermott

Old 11-17-2004, 11:17 PM   #9
jpatino
skfu

i bought a male jackson chameleon from jason and it was a great looking male. i would buy from him again.

john patino

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!