Inquiry Inquiry on Todd Gearheart - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-24-2009, 10:08 AM   #21
KNOBTAIL
Angry Just to provide a correct time line

I made an inquiry when Todd first posted on Kingsnake in Nov. His ad did NOT say that he was taking "reservations" . After my inquiry, Todd called me and it was at that time that I found out he did NOT have any Anoles but was expecting them in the first week of Dec. That shipment was cancelled, then it was the last week in Dec., that was cancelled then he was expecting a Barbados shipment and if you go to the Fauna classified, he was advertising and I responded asking to be kept informed. Other than that I did not receive any emails or speak to him until I received the proforma from PayPal... asking for money..

Almost a 1/4 of a year has elapsed and he sends me the email which I posted earlier. As indicated, he still had not received his shipment.. So here we have a situation where he is asking for money approximately 3 months later with no communications other than my asking him to be kept informed.. He would have no way of even knowing what shape the Anoles were in nor if the sex ratio was availailble.. He just wanted payment and included his excise taxes !

When I replied to his email and he apparently was unhappy over the fact that I wanted to see what I was buying look at the bottom of his email and you will see how foolish Todd must be to loose a sale over an unnecessary ad-on that would have resulted in a 5 to 6 hundred dollar sale as I was interested in the other Anoles as well.. I have underlined his reply !!

Dec. 28, you said, "Todd, keep me posted on the Anoles." That was in reference about my A. roquet ad. That was before I posted anything about A. extremus. The qty. of 10 was derived from your phone call with me.

My Packing & handling/account processing fee covers my overhead in boxes, insulation, heat or ice packs, invoice printing paper, ink cartridges/computer supplies and account processing time. Businesses either build that into the price of the animals or they make it a separate charge. I have done the later.

If that is not acceptable, then I guess we will not be doing business. It's a free market. You can choose to do business with others and I can choose other customers. I really do not have time for such petty things.
Todd

When you realize that this was his response to my concern about his additional fee's , I guess I do have an attitude problem.. Anyone dealing with Todd under the same circumstances would be leery as well... Mr Earhart outsmarted himself and whether I came from NY or Miami, I dont have a redneck mentality that apparently requires one to bend over to accommodate someone as tactless as Todd..

My original post provided a warning to be alert for individuals who post photos of other peoples photos, who offer animals that they do not have nor can verify the quality since they have nothing in there possession and who are looking for money in advance through PayPal with no recourse at all... I have nothing further to add.. Other than considering notifying PayPal, Kingsnake about some TOS abuses which may prevent others from falling into this deception. Mr Earhart, this is for you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-24-2009, 10:33 AM   #22
John E Dove
Quote:
Originally Posted by xenesthis13 View Post
John,

For larger orders, which require larger boxes, potential two heat packs instead of one, larger cup size, etc., sure, it goes up.

I and others also reserve the right to reduce that or eliminate it for a long-term customer or whatever I choose as well, as like I said, it's a free market and society.

Some businesses hide or slip their p & h into their animals prices, some list it separate. I even know of one business that does shipping prices at below known rates for shipping as a lure for customer to buy with them. The customer will choose whether they buy from a business with or without a p & h. From my long experience, customers go with the business that has what they want first and foremost, then they consider rep, p & H and shipping costs and other factors. If the don't like something, they are free to go elsewhere. I've shipped to practically every state in our nation and over seven countries to hundreds of satisfied customers for over two decades now. Trying to make and fabricate an issue out of nothing or worse yet, make false allegations is a new social ill in our internet society where people think just because they have the power to type and put something on the net, people think it is true. Sad. Many are very disgusted with such practices and habits in others that engage in that slim. ….. An internet forum such as this one will not be the judge of people. The customers will be - always. They speak with their demand for items that I supply and have done so for a long time successfully and that is what I concentrate on and that is exactly what I will do in this case as well.
I see you are into deflection and clouding the issue rather than explaining your crooked business practices.

I made no mention of large orders vs small orders I specifically asked how you justify ripping someone off to the tune of $3.75 if they purchase a $125 sling as opposed to $0.45 if they purchase a $15 sling.
Quote:
Originally Posted by John E Dove View Post
Mr. Gearheart,
I gotta ask a silly question about the following;

Are you telling me that the "P & H + accounting processing fee" on the purchase of a $125 sling would be $3.75 but the same "P & H + accounting processing fee" would only be $0.45 on a $15 sling?

Now any idiot knows the actual cost of " P & H + accounting processing" would be the same on like animals.
You might also note that I did not ask what other crooks do but I do thank you for the answer you did give. It is most telling on your philosophy regarding business.
You make it quite clear that you believe you can justify any gouging of the public you want so long as you stay within the law with your “it's a free market and society”.

I am left to wonder if you justify your rude communications, reported and displayed on Fauna, with the thought “it's a free market and society” as well.

Old 01-24-2009, 10:48 AM   #23
xenesthis13
Jerry

For Jerry, the shipment was delayed to several factors outside my control and in spending a long time on the phone with Jerry that was explained. He sure is putting a new twist to that conversation here. He still doesn't explain how he switched from wanting one species to another that was in another shipment.

As for John and others, sure I know the drill. Like I said Jerry is in the IN crowd here and I expect some very bias posts on this thread by his friends circling the wagons. No news there. That is a big problem on the net in these types of threads how they get started and what gets posted. They always end in the gutter and for some, they get their rocks off just for the entertainment of it.

From my point of view, I know Jerry's type and I refuse to do business with somebody like that. He can refuse to do business with me as well and that is why I said in the beginning this was a personality clash. Plain and simple. The rest is smoke and mirrors and Jerry's friend's piling on. I just received six emails this morning from happy campers from shipments I did Thursday. All happy with my animals, service, price and what I always bring to the table. I will focus on those types of customers not Jerry and his lies and his friends here helping his hatchet job.

Old 01-24-2009, 11:36 AM   #24
xenesthis13
Been doing the right thing for a long time

Below is the type of customer that I value and concentrate on:

(Just posted a few minutes ago from a shipment sent out Thur. 1/22/09)

"POSITIVE!

I just a package that was overnighted, heat packs were still warm, insulation was perfect, packaging was perfect. Also towels in with the T in the deli cup were moist! AAAAA+++++ Will definately be purchasing from again, super professional, THank you Todd"

Too many positive reviews for two decades. I listen to those customers.

Old 01-24-2009, 01:52 PM   #25
Cat_72
LOL, why is it always that someone is in the "in crowd" or has too many friends around when someone makes a post, and folks don't necessarily agree with them?

I have butted heads with Jerry a couple of times, on minor issues, and he is not a super-active member here. I would not consider him a friend, but an acquaintance from here. I don't necessarily DIS-like him, but we ain't buddies either.

What some may perceive as rudeness is just his way, he is to the point and blunt....and also very honest. I do not believe that he would back out of a transaction unless he felt he had very legitimate reason to do so. Perhaps much of what went on was miscommunication, and I sure don't feel it warrants labeling him a bad guy in any way, shape, or form.

Old 01-24-2009, 01:57 PM   #26
xenesthis13
facts

Cathy,

I appreciate your fairness on assessing this situation here.

Yes, Jerry is very blunt and that is why I said in the beginning this was a personality clash, nothing more. What he has tried to do though is the low road and I do not appreciate it at all.

One fact-of-the-matter though, Jerry did not cancel the order - I did. I cancelled the order and do not want to do business with him due to his blunt, rude, vindictive nature and how he came across to me. Customers have choices and so do businesses. I canceled the order and Jerry is like the kid that didn't get this toy and he is being vindictive here with the crap he as started. I talked to several Fauna people about this situation. They see it as a personality clash to. Plain and simple.

Old 01-24-2009, 02:03 PM   #27
xenesthis13
emails and the internet

Cathy,

I'd also like to add that emails and posting on the net is NOT the best form of communication. Many people miscommunicated and misconstrued things that way. You can't see and understand tone, reflection of voice and attitude.

Old 01-24-2009, 02:03 PM   #28
Cat_72
I understand where both of you are coming from, Todd.

I hope you can both just let it die, and move on....it's not going to do either of yas any good keeping it going.

Old 01-24-2009, 02:06 PM   #29
Cat_72
Quote:
Originally Posted by xenesthis13 View Post
Cathy,

I'd also like to add that emails and posting on the net is NOT the best form of communication. Many people miscommunicated and misconstrued things that way. You can't see and understand tone, reflection of voice and attitude.

I think email communication is a double-edged sword, really. While I like to do the majority of my business through email, to have a written record of all that is said, I agree that sometimes it is much more difficult to be sure that people are understanding what you are saying, and HOW you are saying it.

And some use a lot of exclamation points without meaning anything by it, lol.

Old 01-24-2009, 02:08 PM   #30
xenesthis13
business

Cathy,

I 100% agree with you. I concentrate on my business. Jerry should do the same but there are those that get off on this stuff and love to keep it going. This where a forum's moderation needs to come into play.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!