Bad Guy Ian Curtis - Stolen African House Snakes - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-02-2013, 07:31 PM   #11
meowmeowkazoo
Wow, my jaw just dropped lower and lower as I read through your communications. This guy is a piece of work! I especially love how he keeps bringing up that YOU'RE supposedly the shady/untrustworthy one. He is completely out of touch with reality and needs to return your snakes.

I don't blame you for not wanting to meet him and two other guys in a parking lot after dark. That suggestion was thuggish-sounding at best. He sounds like he is trying to bully you and intimidate you. Don't let him do that! I hope you can get some good local people to help assist you in retrieving your property.

Ian, you need to grow up, stop with the ridiculous legal threats/bullying tactics, and return Sarah's snakes. Shame on you!

Old 12-03-2013, 01:44 AM   #12
SincereArtisan
Thank you all for your support and sympathetic response to this issue. Ron, I balked at attending the KHS holiday party because I didn't feel that dragging this entire situation into the light would have been appropriate at such an event. It is the holidays, after all. I have considered writing Phil Peak and some of the other members to make them aware of the situation, though. I was initially hoping that this was something that could be settled between two adults, and I hesitated on bringing anyone else into the mix without giving Ian the chance to explain himself and his behavior. Particularly people who I have no doubt he esteems and looks up to.

But, he seems to have explained himself and his position quite well. So maybe this is a step I need to take.

Old 12-03-2013, 06:30 AM   #13
JohnRougeux
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Allen View Post
A C & D letter is laughable, and does not constitute a legal order. People that threaten legal action are usually Full of Scat. The retainer alone would exceed the value of a couple of albino house snakes. If someone was stealing from me, I would most certainly meet in person, in front of the local herp community that they are part of, if for no other reason than to show what kind of person they have "speaking on their behalf".
Having been to a KHS meeting, my impression is that she made a good decision not to go there and talk to him. Why bring a personal matter to a meeting? Ian is good friends with those guys in KHS and I wonder if Sarah would get a fair shake at trying to explain.

I know that if it were me, I wouldn't do it. Things can get hostile pretty quick.

Ian needs to grow up and return the animals. I wonder if Peter knows Ian is bringing up his name and place of business?

Old 12-03-2013, 06:33 AM   #14
JohnRougeux
Quote:
Originally Posted by SincereArtisan View Post
Thank you all for your support and sympathetic response to this issue. Ron, I balked at attending the KHS holiday party because I didn't feel that dragging this entire situation into the light would have been appropriate at such an event. It is the holidays, after all. I have considered writing Phil Peak and some of the other members to make them aware of the situation, though. I was initially hoping that this was something that could be settled between two adults, and I hesitated on bringing anyone else into the mix without giving Ian the chance to explain himself and his behavior. Particularly people who I have no doubt he esteems and looks up to.

But, he seems to have explained himself and his position quite well. So maybe this is a step I need to take.
Good luck! I thought maybe try posting on their site: http://www.petsgaloreky.com/kyherpsoc/
to see if you can get a resolution, but Ian is an Admin there....

Old 12-03-2013, 10:04 AM   #15
Xaila
If you do meet him face to face, bring people of your own. This guy sounds like he's trying to big a thug and a bully by trying to make you come out to places where he knows he has backup. I would not trust this dude's intentions at all.

Old 12-03-2013, 12:29 PM   #16
DavidBeard
I've already offered Sarah my services in that fashion, Amanda. If theres one thing I cannot stand its a thief....especially a thief who bullies women.

Old 12-03-2013, 12:32 PM   #17
DavidBeard
And if theres one thing that tends to cause a bully to shrivel up, its courage. And if you need a fallback, years of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu and Muay Thai kickboxing aren't bad to have up your sleeve either.

Old 12-03-2013, 01:00 PM   #18
rcarichter
Sarah, he relinquished his right to act like an adult when he suggested meeting him and his posse in a parking lot to talk. Really, what man does that? So, the adult thing is simply off the table.

Are you certain he still has the snakes? He's behaving exactly like someone who has sold/killed someone else's animals.

Noelle

Old 12-03-2013, 03:47 PM   #19
thecrazychris3000
I would be very careful in assuming this is the whole truth, just like a history book, there is always more than one side to a story. Don't tell me the native Americans were happy to see a bunch of disease carrying Spaniards, the same crap taught in every US history book.

Old 12-03-2013, 03:50 PM   #20
meowmeowkazoo
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecrazychris3000 View Post
I would be very careful in assuming this is the whole truth, just like a history book, there is always more than one side to a story. Don't tell me the native Americans were happy to see a bunch of disease carrying Spaniards, the same crap taught in every US history book.
The screenshots of their conversations pretty much show what the whole truth is here. She has provided plenty of evidence to support her story and I see no reason to doubt her or the screenshots. The native american "metaphor" is a complete non sequitur.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!