Steps To Become Fedex Certified!!! - Page 57 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shipping

Notices

Shipping Forum for all issues concerning shipping, shipping companies, and anything directly related to moving animals and products via commercial carriers.

Old 04-25-2008, 01:33 AM   #281
bciguy
I am just starting this whole process. I just signed up for my account online so i am guessing the next step is to get my box tested and to talk to my area rep.

One question, will the fedex boxes pass the testing? I read in an earlier post where it said you could not use a fedex box and was wondering if this is still true or if now you can use one of their boxes?

Also, should i talk to my rep before sending in the box or just go ahead and send in the box to get tested?

Old 04-25-2008, 04:06 PM   #282
Lunar Gecko
I just set up an account with FedEx. They are mailing me the info packet/contract and my shipping labels. I wonder how it will work exactly for the test box. Should be interesting. Thanks for this post it has helped a lot!

Old 04-25-2008, 05:30 PM   #283
cobravenom
Yes you can use FedEx boxes. I used an 11x11x11. It will tell you on the bottom of the box the weight limit and the one I used was 30 pounds. Line the inside with syrofoam half inch or three quarters is fine. Put in your snake bag, deli cup, etc. with a fake reptile or even a note card that says "I am a reptile" You dont have to use a heat pad but I taped one to the lid just like I would when I ship. Last thing to make sure of is to use another larger box and use newspaper to cushion around your box you want tested and just write test inner box on the outside of the package. Call FedEx Testing and they will give you their account number to bill to 2nd day Express and that is all there is to it. You do not have to talk to your rep before shipping to the testing facility. Good luck

Old 05-19-2008, 12:33 AM   #284
John E Dove
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Oakley
http://fedex.com/us/services/express/packaging/tips.html,[/url] scroll down towards the bottom and click on a link that says 'complete this form' under the heading "Packaging Testing or Evaluation". This is the form you will have to print and fill out to send with your package.
This has probably been mentioned by now but the link in the quote is no longer valid.
Instead try the following link that takes you to a page with links to the application as well as the instructions.
http://www.fedex.com/us/services/pac...ckageservices/

Old 05-19-2008, 12:36 AM   #285
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Originally Posted by John E Dove
This has probably been mentioned by now but the link in the quote is no longer valid.
Instead try the following link that takes you to a page with links to the application as well as the instructions.
http://www.fedex.com/us/services/pac...ckageservices/
Attached.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf PKG_Services_Application.pdf (38.7 KB, 243 views)

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
fedex certification, fedex waiver