Bad Guy Michael Gentry (Scam artist) - Page 38 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-29-2014, 06:28 PM   #371
EmeraldBoid
*Around 235...sorry folks, long week. Lol.

Old 08-29-2014, 07:08 PM   #372
mfsidore
I paid 110 for the spinner, 100 for the pin, and 80 for BOTH normals. So about 290 total.

Old 08-29-2014, 11:43 PM   #373
hhmoore
I didn't realize that Reptiles by Mack was the accepted pricing guide for ball pythons. (Nothing against that seller, or his prices....but they are just that - his prices)

Old 08-30-2014, 12:12 AM   #374
EmeraldBoid
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore View Post
I didn't realize that Reptiles by Mack was the accepted pricing guide for ball pythons. (Nothing against that seller, or his prices....but they are just that - his prices)
It was just an off hand example, I suppose my reply was flawed because I could go out and replace those animals for about $200 before shipping if I shopped around longer, someone else might do it with $150 or $300. Anyone could find similar prices by browsing these classifieds, retail websites, or Kingsnake. I honestly did not think it would go this far in conversation .

Old 08-30-2014, 12:32 AM   #375
EmeraldBoid
Mike, are there any reptile shows near you? I bet you can get a similar group for under $300 with a little haggling.

Old 08-30-2014, 01:33 AM   #376
mfsidore
Yes I do, but it's soon and I'm out of cash! I'm working on though.

Old 08-30-2014, 09:02 AM   #377
Chris Kennard
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfsidore View Post
I paid 110 for the spinner, 100 for the pin, and 80 for BOTH normals. So about 290 total.
Thanks Mike.

Old 09-05-2014, 09:17 PM   #378
Robert Walker
UPDATE:

Ever wonder just how far reaching the BOI can be to someone especially outside of the virtual world? Here is a great example of it reaching out and slapping some scammers in the face thanks to the hard work of MANY people. In the background, there have been hundreds of PMs, data mining, monitoring, alerts to potential victims, etc. In short it has been incredible to see this all come together and everyone pitch in, stick up for one another and take a stand to watch out for our community.

So what is the update??

I will try to be brief as this is still in progress. All of the information gathered by everyone was condensed into a precise format and sent to law enforcement. It was sent to more than one jurisdiction in both TN & VA, where the Owens reside and have been scamming from. Know that law enforcement IS actively going after Owens. We are working with detectives from all jurisdictions. All of the addresses that have been submitted by Fauna users have been and are still being visited physically by detectives. Family members of Owens are being spoken to and they are currently helping feed the police information. Detectives have spoken to Owens himself, who besides being 100% totally caught off guard and scared, swears his friend was doing the scamming. Owens, who is on probation right now, was ordered to come to one police station and bring his mysterious "friend". He did not appear, is now hiding, and better yet has now violated his probation.

I will leave it at that for now, but as you read this Lance & Jessica, enjoy some payback and a hefty "screw you" from your friends on Fauna! We are continuing to feed the police further details and will do so as we gather even more. Sweet dreams Owens!

Thank you again everyone for your hard work.
Score
Team Fauna: 1
Team Owens: 0

Old 09-05-2014, 10:03 PM   #379
Chris Kennard
Hey Lance. Now would me a good time to pay Mike for the snakes you scammed him out of, as well as all your other victims. Maybe the judge will take a day or two off your sentence. Garage sale?

Old 09-05-2014, 10:07 PM   #380
EmeraldBoid
Good to hear, considering they have visited the house I am suspecting he has indeed already flipped the snakes he stole, at least there is now a stop to it. Hopefully the police can pinpoint his phone and close in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Kennard View Post
Hey Lance. Now would me a good time to pay Mike for the snakes you scammed him out of, as well as all your other victims. Maybe the judge will take a day or two off your sentence. Garage sale?
Based on what we have all seen on FB, I have got a feeling everything he flipped immediately went to overpriced t-shirts and fishing gear.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!