Bad Guy Beware of Panther Company - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-21-2014, 06:19 PM   #11
shaunaroxanne
Since I was involved with originally purchasing the male in question, I will provide my input.

Making a mistake is understandable, but making a similar mistake numerous times shows that, at worst.... they have been dishonest, and at best....they are not running a responsible breeding facility.

Here is the timeline of events....

4/22/14- I emailed Panther Co to inquire about purchasing a Cyclone/Grimbold female.

4/23- Josh P informed me that the Cyclone/Grimbold babies were all sold but offered me something from a different bloodline, in which I wasn't interested, since it was the Grimbold lineage I was most interested in.

5/3- I emailed Josh P again because I wasn't finding what I was looking for in a breeder, so I wanted more info about other lines he had available.

5/4- Josh responded that he had a new, alpha male from a new Cyclone/Grimbold ambanja pairing.

5/6- I received the male ambanja from Panther Co that I purchased

......As I began watching this male, I noticed he was not taking on any of the traits that I was hoping for in a potential breeder so I went to a FB group for opinions......

6/27- I posted the pic of this male on Chameleons Gone Wild USA, and many people expressed concerns about this cham not displaying any of the Grimbold characteristics I was looking for.

6/28- Josh P contacte me because he saw the post and said although he was not displaying Grimbold traits, he was looking just like Cyclone so he would like to buy him back if I don't like him, to which I said I would have to think about it.

7/1- After hearing that Josh had admitted to some people that the dam may not in fact be from Grimbold, I emaile him to ask if there was any truth to that. He responded that although he sold them as Cyclone/Grimbold, he did not actually buy the females from Ed Kammer (Grimbold's breeder), but he bought them from a third party who claimed they were Grimbold (none of this had been disclosed previously). He went on to say that they may not actually have been from Grimbold, but that this boy was, indeed sired by Cyclone (ambanja), because he could clearly see by the pics that he looked like Cyclone did when he was young.

......although I was upset, I decided to give Josh the benefit of the doubt, and chose to believe it was an honest mistake. Sadly, I sent the male back, because I did not want to use questionable lineage in my breeding program.

Josh also stated in his email that he was going to contact everyone who bought a cyclone/grimbold offspring and offer refunds. I know of at least one person who he never contacted, and she was unaware of the above until I mentioned it to her. She had to contact him about it. He did then offer her a refund as well (she chose to keep the female as a pet).

And that was that for me.....until I looked at my computer a month later, and saw that this boy was sold to someone else as a pure Nosy Faly.

That is where the story starts with with the OP. He had no knowledge of the past of this baby, who, in a very short time frame, was shipped from CA to PA, then back to CA to Panther Co, then shipped to the OP, then returned back to Panther Co. Once is a mistake, twice is not mistake. Sending a chameleon out this many times is irresponsible. Not disclosing the truth to two different clients is dishonest and irresponsible. Getting females conused and babies mixed up is irresponsible. Listing chameleons as any specific locale without being 100% is dishonest, sloppy, and damaging to the breeders who are trying to establish pure, healthy bloodlines.

I have screenshots of all of the above conversations and I will attach them once I gather them all together and figure out how to attach them here.

Old 08-21-2014, 06:28 PM   #12
WebSlave
Warning: Please provide all images in your posts via the attachment process on this site. Otherwise the "evidence" that you post may be blocked or deleted by the website facility that is actually hosting those images at anytime in the future. Which, of course, then renders your story as being unsupported by any evidence.

Old 08-21-2014, 06:42 PM   #13
james200111
These are messages stating "ambanja" male is older sibling to the f1 falys to say that their proved out
James raymond
Attached Images

Old 08-21-2014, 08:11 PM   #14
shaunaroxanne
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaunaroxanne View Post
Since I was involved with originally purchasing the male in question, I will provide my input.

Making a mistake is understandable, but making a similar mistake numerous times shows that, at worst.... they have been dishonest, and at best....they are not running a responsible breeding facility.

Here is the timeline of events....

4/22/14- I emailed Panther Co to inquire about purchasing a Cyclone/Grimbold female.

4/23- Josh P informed me that the Cyclone/Grimbold babies were all sold but offered me something from a different bloodline, in which I wasn't interested, since it was the Grimbold lineage I was most interested in.

5/3- I emailed Josh P again because I wasn't finding what I was looking for in a breeder, so I wanted more info about other lines he had available.

5/4- Josh responded that he had a new, alpha male from a new Cyclone/Grimbold ambanja pairing.

5/6- I received the male ambanja from Panther Co that I purchased

......As I began watching this male, I noticed he was not taking on any of the traits that I was hoping for in a potential breeder so I went to a FB group for opinions......

6/27- I posted the pic of this male on Chameleons Gone Wild USA, and many people expressed concerns about this cham not displaying any of the Grimbold characteristics I was looking for.

6/28- Josh P contacte me because he saw the post and said although he was not displaying Grimbold traits, he was looking just like Cyclone so he would like to buy him back if I don't like him, to which I said I would have to think about it.

7/1- After hearing that Josh had admitted to some people that the dam may not in fact be from Grimbold, I emaile him to ask if there was any truth to that. He responded that although he sold them as Cyclone/Grimbold, he did not actually buy the females from Ed Kammer (Grimbold's breeder), but he bought them from a third party who claimed they were Grimbold (none of this had been disclosed previously). He went on to say that they may not actually have been from Grimbold, but that this boy was, indeed sired by Cyclone (ambanja), because he could clearly see by the pics that he looked like Cyclone did when he was young.

......although I was upset, I decided to give Josh the benefit of the doubt, and chose to believe it was an honest mistake. Sadly, I sent the male back, because I did not want to use questionable lineage in my breeding program.

Josh also stated in his email that he was going to contact everyone who bought a cyclone/grimbold offspring and offer refunds. I know of at least one person who he never contacted, and she was unaware of the above until I mentioned it to her. She had to contact him about it. He did then offer her a refund as well (she chose to keep the female as a pet).

And that was that for me.....until I looked at my computer a month later, and saw that this boy was sold to someone else as a pure Nosy Faly.

That is where the story starts with with the OP. He had no knowledge of the past of this baby, who, in a very short time frame, was shipped from CA to PA, then back to CA to Panther Co, then shipped to the OP, then returned back to Panther Co. Once is a mistake, twice is not mistake. Sending a chameleon out this many times is irresponsible. Not disclosing the truth to two different clients is dishonest and irresponsible. Getting females conused and babies mixed up is irresponsible. Listing chameleons as any specific locale without being 100% is dishonest, sloppy, and damaging to the breeders who are trying to establish pure, healthy bloodlines.

I have screenshots of all of the above conversations and I will attach them once I gather them all together and figure out how to attach them here.
Hopefully, I have figured out how to attach the screenshots

Old 08-21-2014, 08:13 PM   #15
shaunaroxanne
Ok, I am attemptimg this again.....
Attached Images

Old 08-21-2014, 08:14 PM   #16
shaunaroxanne
Continued screen shots.....
Attached Images

Old 08-21-2014, 11:43 PM   #17
Panther Company
I don't refute any of the screenshots shared.

We did make a mistake and send Shauna an animal with lineage different than what she paid for. We issued a full refund (including shipping).

After getting him back, we realized we were even more wrong on what we sent her than we/she thought -- we sent her a male from the wrong clutch entirely. I did not update Shauna with that additional bit of information since by that point we had already purchased the male back and had him in our possession again.

About a month after getting him back, I did sell the same male to Lam, with the corrected lineage info. I did not make any disclosure about him being the male that Shauna had purchased as Ambanja -- nor did I believe it to be relevant, since Lam wasn't responding to a for sale ad, but pictures shared on Facebook of the actual male, saying that he had the Faly look he had been waiting to find (as did others). He was very pleased with the animal at first, based on appearance, but soon after sharing pictures and having others point out it was the male we'd sold Shauna, he asked for a refund. We gave him a full refund and got the chameleon returned to us yesterday.

Old 08-22-2014, 12:08 AM   #18
choppers1
You didnt want to disclose the information to me because you knew i or anyone else wouldnt want to buy him. Also, you knew that if you disclose the information, you couldnt sell it for a high price. The fact that i asked you if that was the same animal and you told me you have to check with vincent first. But you knew all along it was the same animal. So what does that tell you?? And the whole of thing of me waiting to find a faly is wrong. You posted up for sale at 425 thats why i asked to buy him. Thats was me responding to a sale ad u posted. Then how did i know he was for sale at 425 if you didnt posted a sale ad?

Old 08-22-2014, 01:21 AM   #19
robmd1
Josh you seem to have a lot of Mistakes happining lately for it to be just a simple mistake.. its seems alil to convenient.. what about all the crossed Mitsios your pawning off on everyone? I said this was going happen months ago Josh an look its happening just like I said.. you sold Jessica a faly that looks nothing like a faly from the pictures she posted on facebook group chameleons gone wild, which you have yet to respond to publicly. then when you admit it sint a faly you say its a mitsio an it def isn't a mitsio either is the one you sent her to begin with as a mitsio,, why not just admit you sold the crossed ones from my female josh.. you know the ones you never mentioned to anyone before I called you out on it?

Old 08-22-2014, 06:39 AM   #20
jishillencik
One minute Josh Pritchard is quoted saying Shauna's boy is 100% ambanja, another that they base identifying locales on pureness of looks alone, and then blame the mishap on a mixup...which is the truth?

Since I appear in many of the screenshots here, I would like to present my dealings with the Panther Company in the past. My name is Joshua Illencik and I purchased a male Ambanja holdback in April from their supposed Cyclone/Grimbold line. I was completely happy at first but as I watched him develop over the approximate 2.5 months under my care, I had growing doubts and concerns that the male I purchased was not of the line he was advertised or sold to me as.

Shauna's post in Chameleons Gone Wild U.S.A. prompted me to confront Josh Pritchard directly with the issue and the truth came out. I was extremely upset and disappointed to find out the pure blood male with excellent lineage turned out to be at worst a mutt and at best an ambanja of unknown origins. Not suitable for breeding, I sent him back and received a full refund but I still took a loss considering the amount of time he was under my care.

I will post the evidence I have gathered tonight when I return home from work.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!