Bad Guy Nick Giavasis......Sellers Beware!! PayPal Buyers Remorse - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-06-2010, 10:09 PM   #31
bekers71
Kevin, he did not. Our deal was for only $185. So I guess I was lucky.

Old 11-06-2010, 10:11 PM   #32
Nageki
I have to agree with everyone else saying that this is some kid that gets his kicks off wasting people's time. He probably knows that PayPal doesn't protect sellers so he doesn't have to worry about losing anything. That is really sad that someone can be this low to do this to multiple sellers, but it also shows his true intentions. Glad this was brought to the board, added his name to my list of people to avoid.

Old 11-06-2010, 10:54 PM   #33
robertmcphee
I agree...

For those of you who pointed out that the seller should not spend any of the money before the customer is completely satisfied.....I want to say that you are all 100% CORRECT. It is normally my policy as well, however in this situation, I was up against the wall and messed up.
There really is no excuse. But, with all the discussion, I figured that everything would go without a hitch. I felt we were on the same page, even talked to him on the phone a couple of times. I remember thinking that if something did happen with any of the snakes during shipping, I could take care of him with replacement animals. I never in a million years thought he would outright cancel and demand a refund.

Just so it is clear, he will be refunded. Im not sure when ill be able to, but it will be taken care of. But, I must say, honestly I am not in any hurry!!

I should have stuck with my first impression and passed on the sale, hindsight is 20/20 and with the economy and my families finances in the shape they are.....$850 was a lot of money to me at the time, and it allowed me to keep the lights and water on....and get a few rats too.

Old 11-06-2010, 10:58 PM   #34
robertmcphee
Oh yeah,
For those of you concerned about whether or not I took care of the individuals who purchased snakes out from under Mr. Giavasis....
I took care of them, and they are extremely happy, as 99% of all of my customers/friends are! It just took some juggling around some holdbacks to make it up to them....thats the nice thing about holding so many babies back...lol.
Oh yeah....the animals in question are all available, just check the classifieds....(sorry, couldn't help throwing that out there).
Bob McPhee

Old 11-06-2010, 11:05 PM   #35
hhmoore
Next time, help it - this isn't the place to advertise

Old 11-06-2010, 11:11 PM   #36
robertmcphee
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore View Post
Next time, help it - this isn't the place to advertise
Sorry about that Harold, feel free to edit that out of my post if necessary.

Old 11-06-2010, 11:18 PM   #37
Wolfy-hound
Technically also, the emails where he said he was DEFINITELY buying the "first group" could be considered a binding contract especially once he sent funds. SO he broke the contract he entered into, seeing as he made that without specifying when exactly the animals would be shipped.

Shrug.

Old 11-07-2010, 01:53 AM   #38
David Reid
I would be tempted to state that I accept a non refundable deposit to hold the animal, or animals. If for any reason, the buyer backs out of the deal, the deposit if forfeited. If a buyer pays in full, I would state upfront that 10% of the payment is considered a deposit, and if the buyer backs out, the "deposit" is forfeited.

Old 11-07-2010, 01:54 AM   #39
colorado
RObert McPhee is LAIR!

OK, I just saw these LIES! I am "happi2ski". I have dozens upon DOZENS of sellers that will back me at any time! I have spent no less than $3000-$5000 per month for the past 3-4 months buying snakes. Two transactions have not been comepleted. One because we have had a family emergency to deal with, and this one with LIAR-Mcphee! OK, the real story. No "buers remorse" as stated. He told me multiple dates he would ship, every date, he LIED....AFTER I took the day off work! As you all know, days off work matter, because that is hwo we earn our livings. Yes? No? Maybe so? But of course it is! Ladies & Gentleman, ask yourself this question, if I told you that you need to be home to receive something I will ship, and you took the day off work, and then I email you that NIGHT to tell you I'm not shipping, LOL, would you be pissed? I forgave him when he did so the first time. Then, he did it a second time, told me he would ship a specific date, and did NOT ship! I have "buyers remorse", really? No, my only remorse is that I ever tried to do business with LIAR-McPhee. When people surrender their days from work, SHIP when yuo say you are going to. He attacks me because I ask for my money back after he lied to us multiple times. He changed the ship date NO LESS THAN 4 TIMES! The thread he is showing is only PART of our conversations, and he KNOWS IT! He is a LIAR. Ask yourself this, if he had the snakes, and if the snakes were HEALTHY and ready as he stated, WHY NOT SHIP ON THE DATES STATED? ROBERT MCPHEE, YOU ARE A BOLD FACE LIAR, AND YOU KNOW IT!

Old 11-07-2010, 02:06 AM   #40
colorado
LOL....HOLD ON BECKY...WHAT DID YOU TELL ME????? SHOULD I SHOW YOUR EMAILS TOO? HOW MANY TIMES DID YOU SAY YOU'D SHIP? HOW MANY? COME ON PEOPLE? I SENT MONEY FOR GOODNESS SAKES. WHY WOULD I SEND MONEY IF I DID NOT INTEND TO BUY????? I SENT MONEY, AND THEN DATES WERE CHANGED FOR, NOT DAYS, NOT MERELY WEEKS, BUT WELL OVER A MONTH! ASK YOURSELF HOW MANY TIMES A SELLER HAS TO GIVE YOU DATES, THEN CHANGE THEM, THEN CHANGE THEM AGAIN, AND AGAIN, AND AGAIN, BEFORE YOU GET PISSED OFF AND SIMPLY ASK FOR YOUR MONEY BACK. I SPEND MANY THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS YOU GUYS, MANY! IF SOMEONE DOES NOT SHIP WHAT IS PAID FOR, WHAT IS A BUYER TO DO? SHOULD I HAVE ALLOWED THEM TO KEEP THE MONEY AND SHIP AFTER IT IS TOO COLD, OR AFTER MY NEEDS COULD HAVE BEEN MET A DOZEN TIMES OVER BY SELLERS THAT ACTUALLY SHIP ON THE DATES PROMISED. LISTEN FOLKS, I HAVE DEALT WITH MANY SELLER, DOZENS ,AND ROBERT MCPHEE AND BECKY ARE THE ONLY TWO DEALS, IN MONTHS(!) THAT HAVE NOT BEEN COMPLETED! THAT MAKES ME A BAD GUY? REALLY? HOW ABOUT I'M SOMEONE LOOKING OUT FOR HIMSELF, WHEN HE IS LIED TO. NOW I WILL SAY, BECKY IS/WAS SUPER TO DEAL WITH, AND WHEN SHE LEARNED I WAS UNHAPPY AND WANTED TO CANCEL, SHE DID NOT WHIM AND CRY LIKE LAIR-MCPHEE. BECKY WAS SOOOO FREAK'N COOL, AND PROFESSIONAL, AND NICE, AND SHE REFUNDED MY MONEY IN AN INSTANT! I HAVE ALREADY RECOMMENDED HER AT ONE OF OUR LOCAL HERP CLUBS AND WOULD DO SO AGAIN. SHE MADE IT SIMPLE. SHE SAID, "IF YOU ARE NOT HAPPY I WILL REFUND", ALL OVER, DONE WTH, NO HARSH WORDS, NO LYING, NO FINGER-POINTING, NO CHILDISH BEHAVIOR......SHE ACTED LIKE A "PRO"! WE HAVE NOTHING BAD TO SAY ABOUT BECKY......AND IF SHE IS UPSET, WE ARE SORRY. OUR SITUATION WITH BECKY VERSES LIAR-MCPHEE WERR/ARE TOTALLY DIFFERENT, AND LIAR-MCPHEE KNOWS IT ALL TOO WELL............HE'S JUST HAVING A LITTLE PITTY-PARTY FOR HIMSELF SINCE HE FAILED TO SHIP WHEN STATED, MULTIPLE TIMES! AGAIN, ASK YOURSELF PEOPLE, HOW MANY TIMES DOES A SHIPPER NEED TO LIE TO YOU, GIVE YOU SPECIFIC DATES WHEN HE SAYS HE'LL SHIP, AND THEN CONTACT YOU TO CANCEL "AFTER" THAT TIME AND DATE HAVE PASSED? HOW MANY TIMES WOULD YOU ALLOW SOMEONE TO DO THIS TO YOU, AND CAUSE YUO TO MISS DAYS AT WORK?
ROBERT MCPHEE, YOU ARE A LIAR!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!