Bad Guy Ken from ExoticPets in Las Vegas - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 07-04-2009, 10:20 PM   #31
Lucille
Dave, Ken seems open and honest about the whole deal. He is not a BP guy, and I am thinking since the BP genetics thing is fairly complex, and since if he actually labelled a bp he would be warranting it was what the label said, it seems to me he is being a prudent businessman by simply sayng that he is selling as what he got.
It seems to me that the buyer, if interested, could do all the investigating or could have a bp expert advise him in his purchase.
As bp prices go these don't seem outrageously high and it looks like Ken is willing to 'talk' about his prices.
If I was in Ken's position and got a slew of bps to sell and wasn't a bp person and didn't want to invest time in learning bp genetics, I'd be doing exactly what Ken is doing now. Ken isn't hiding the ball, on the contrary he is being very open about what he knows and doesn't.

Old 07-04-2009, 10:44 PM   #32
Ken Foose
Dave, I never said they were anything but normal boas either. I never really said one way or the other. To me they look different from a normal Ball Python. I have sold thousands of Ball Pythons over the years. I know how to keep them, I know how to sex them, I know how to raise them, and I have produced my fair share in the past. I have gravid females at home now. What I don't know, and never claimed to know or keep track of is the morph market. I have learned more about ball morphs in the past 2 weeks then I have learned in my life. I had to learn how to tell one from another, otherwise how could I possibly hope to sell them at all? Rainwater has these labeled as Tequila Balls. I'd never heard of that before. But I never heard of his "Nuclear" ball python either, but it sure has excited a few people. I have had 3 people look at these Tequila balls, two over the internet and one in person. Tim Johnson, a frequent poster here, and a good friend came to my house to pick out a few balls for future breeding, and looked at just about every Ball Python I have. I can't remember his opinion on what they are, but I'm sure he's going to read this and will please chime in with his opinion. For all he knows he thinks they are just plain ol' ball pythons. One thing I can tell you. I believe that the genetics listed on the cages are true, but I can't guarantee it. I did not produce them, and I don't know who did. These are all from the scam Tim had going years ago, and if you look up Rainwater you will find the thread about it. There's a lot of hets in those bins. I can't even promise that the het albinos that this all started over are real. I believe they are. I will give a money back guarantee that they are. That's about all I can do. And if someone buys Tequila balls from me and they end up producing nothing but normals, I'll take them back and refund the money there too. I won't pay for raising them or overhead to maintain them, but I will refund the purchase price. Is it worth the risk? Not for me to decide.

There was a bit of confusion about the reservation of the het for albino balls which started this thread. The rest of it is questioning what I have for sale. You can question away, because I know I've been asking questions to many others and myself since I got this whole collection. And to think all I wanted out of the deal were the breeder racks and the large group of albino Hognose snakes. I got my racks, and I got my new snakes. Kim has selected about 15 Ball Pythons to add to our breeding collection. The rest has got to go. I will be making up a real and accurate list in the next few days if anyone's interested. Then I hope to sell them fast and somewhat cheap and get back to my colubrids. I don't think I have much more to say about this here, but if you'd like to email or call me that would be welcome. Mystery Balls does not make me a bad guy. I'm honestly trying to honestly represent what I have. Nothing more, nothing less. Once I have room in the store to house what's left of the balls, I'll be in no hurry to sell them and will more then likely mark them up to a ridiculous and expensive price. But for now I want my living room back. Tim, tell them how my living room and kitchen and snake room look now please. That's it, I'm done.

Old 07-04-2009, 11:07 PM   #33
Southern Wolf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Foose View Post
Dave, I never said they were anything but normal boas either. I never really said one way or the other. To me they look different from a normal Ball Python. I have sold thousands of Ball Pythons over the years. I know how to keep them, I know how to sex them, I know how to raise them, and I have produced my fair share in the past. I have gravid females at home now. What I don't know, and never claimed to know or keep track of is the morph market. I have learned more about ball morphs in the past 2 weeks then I have learned in my life. I had to learn how to tell one from another, otherwise how could I possibly hope to sell them at all? Rainwater has these labeled as Tequila Balls. I'd never heard of that before. But I never heard of his "Nuclear" ball python either, but it sure has excited a few people. I have had 3 people look at these Tequila balls, two over the internet and one in person. Tim Johnson, a frequent poster here, and a good friend came to my house to pick out a few balls for future breeding, and looked at just about every Ball Python I have. I can't remember his opinion on what they are, but I'm sure he's going to read this and will please chime in with his opinion. For all he knows he thinks they are just plain ol' ball pythons. One thing I can tell you. I believe that the genetics listed on the cages are true, but I can't guarantee it. I did not produce them, and I don't know who did. These are all from the scam Tim had going years ago, and if you look up Rainwater you will find the thread about it. There's a lot of hets in those bins. I can't even promise that the het albinos that this all started over are real. I believe they are. I will give a money back guarantee that they are. That's about all I can do. And if someone buys Tequila balls from me and they end up producing nothing but normals, I'll take them back and refund the money there too. I won't pay for raising them or overhead to maintain them, but I will refund the purchase price. Is it worth the risk? Not for me to decide.
What I have bolded above tells me all I need to know about Ken's character.

I would by from him in a heartbeat.

Old 07-04-2009, 11:12 PM   #34
Mooing Tricycle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Wolf View Post
What I have bolded above tells me all I need to know about Ken's character.

I would by from him in a heartbeat.
Abso freakin lutely.

Old 07-04-2009, 11:15 PM   #35
Royal Morphz
David as I stated in a PM to you I believe that they may have something different to them. there are many different generations in the racks Ken bought and every adult has the same odd markings. I can't say they are anything but ugly BP's lol, but I have nothing but time when it comes to the BP's I breed so I will do as I always do and dink around. We have always seen people selling Dinker projects and most of those are just that, but that is also where the Specials of Tom Baker's and the Mocha of Amir's came from and we know what they produce. So take the sales ad that Ken has put up and treat it as any other Dinker snake that any number of importers post. Ken has clearly stated that he doesn't know what they are and has even gone one farther and said he would refund the purchase price if nothing come of the Tequila project. As for your living room Ken I will gladly come and pick up more BP's lol.

Old 07-05-2009, 12:55 AM   #36
laterob
Sign me up!

Ken, I look forward to the list. I'll be happy to help clear out your living room.

Old 07-05-2009, 06:16 AM   #37
Uroboros
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Foose View Post

There was a bit of confusion about the reservation of the het for albino balls which started this thread. The rest of it is questioning what I have for sale. You can question away, because I know I've been asking questions to many others and myself since I got this whole collection. And to think all I wanted out of the deal were the breeder racks and the large group of albino Hognose snakes. I got my racks, and I got my new snakes. Kim has selected about 15 Ball Pythons to add to our breeding collection. The rest has got to go. I will be making up a real and accurate list in the next few days if anyone's interested. Then I hope to sell them fast and somewhat cheap and get back to my colubrids. I don't think I have much more to say about this here, but if you'd like to email or call me that would be welcome. Mystery Balls does not make me a bad guy. I'm honestly trying to honestly represent what I have. Nothing more, nothing less. Once I have room in the store to house what's left of the balls, I'll be in no hurry to sell them and will more then likely mark them up to a ridiculous and expensive price. But for now I want my living room back. Tim, tell them how my living room and kitchen and snake room look now please. That's it, I'm done.
I like the hell out of Ken, but dammit, I'm going to buy him a keyboard with a bigger Enter key.

Old 07-05-2009, 04:53 PM   #38
David Reid
Everyone keeps saying Ken is not a Ball Python guy, like it is a free pass or something....not sure I agree with that thought process. I also don't agree with the "I am just selling it as what I got it as," way of thinking. If Ken bought the Tequila Balls as a pseudo morph, and actually did some breedings of his own, and got normals, and snakes similar in appearance to the Tequila Balls, I would say go for it Ken. As it sounds, and there may be alot more to this that what I am aware of, Ken bought a collection, from a shady guy, and is selling a snake as a Morph just because of the name on the tub; Tequila. I am not even going to go down the Het road, I have better things to do on my last day off

Old 07-05-2009, 05:19 PM   #39
Ken Foose
Dave, please.........I never once said they were a legit morph. I used the name Tequila ball in the title of my ad. I could have just as easily used the title Unknown Ball and gotten the same, if not more hits on the ad. I know what I wrote, so please stop trying to read between the lines or make it sound like I'm implying something on the QT that I'm not. I think I've more then explained myself on this subject, and frankly it appears that some people are tired of reading what I type . Dave, I will make you one promise. I will not make you buy them. You're safe.

Old 07-05-2009, 05:24 PM   #40
David Reid
Thanks Ken.

I guess my issue, if you can call it an issue, is with WHO you bought them from. If they had been purchased from a guy/gal/breeder with a good reputation, and the Tequila Balls were in a Dinker rack, and you were selling animals from that rack, I would not have said anything. The fact is, Rainwater does not have a stellar reputation...

I guess we can just agree to disagree, maybe I will stop by your store next time I am in Vegas. Is it over 100 degrees yet?

Dave

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!