Bad Guy Cody Snider - varez111107@yahoo.com - TERRIBLE! - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-23-2009, 07:02 PM   #51
SofaKing
I'm sorry Paul, that saddens me.

I guess it's time to light the torches and lynch someone! Who's with me....

Old 01-23-2009, 07:18 PM   #52
Paul Kent
Lol... As much as I'd like to, Im more concerned about whatever else he might be selling.

Old 01-23-2009, 07:21 PM   #53
SofaKing
Is he still selling?

Old 01-23-2009, 07:33 PM   #54
Paul Kent
Not sure but all he said was that the was getting out of reptiles all together. His excuse to me about his shipping was that he had shipped other things like that with no problem from the recipient. So there you go....

Old 02-27-2009, 06:22 PM   #55
singingtothewheat
What a jerk. That's crazy. Why though. Why would you sell a pet then pretty much go out of your way to kill it? I don't get that. Do you think this guy could possibly have been so stupid that he thought that one little heat pack was going to do the trick? Poor baby. Thats awful

Old 02-28-2009, 07:07 PM   #56
ChamLvr
Quote:
Originally Posted by singingtothewheat View Post
What a jerk. That's crazy. Why though. Why would you sell a pet then pretty much go out of your way to kill it? I don't get that. Do you think this guy could possibly have been so stupid that he thought that one little heat pack was going to do the trick? Poor baby. Thats awful
I didnt read the whole thread so I apologize if this has been mentioned. He said it arrived DEAD? How do yo know it wasnt DEAD when he sent it? That way he isnt out a LIVE animal and still gets the $$?

Again. if this has been mentioned I apologize..Screaming headache prevents me from reading pages of small print right now.

Old 02-28-2009, 07:46 PM   #57
gant77
It was BARELY alive when it was received by the OP. It came around some but never fed on it's own, and took a fish(?) by "slight" force-feeding. It then passed a few weeks later according to the OP.
Very sad.

Old 02-28-2009, 07:51 PM   #58
ChamLvr
Quote:
Originally Posted by herpman081 View Post
Ive had probably the worst experience Ive had to date when itr comes to purchasing reptile...

Started off just fine with plenty of communication. I was buying a smoothe-fronted caiman from him. Emails back and forth and finally decided on a price and shipping date. I was told that it would be shipped this past Monday (29th I belive) for an arrival the following day. I asked if I could get the tracking # when he shipped and he said fine but never sent it.
The next day comes and goes and no shipment. So I email him Tues. morning about what was going on and he informs me that it will be here Wed. I again asked for the tracking # and he said fine but never sent it.
Well it arrived today. Im at work when my wife calls me to inform me that it is DEAD. I asked what the box said as far as how it was shipped. He actually shipped it USPS "priority", which takes anywhere from 2-3 days. No wonder he wouldnt give me the tracking #... Keep in mind its the dead of winter, he's from Michigan I believe and Im in Ohio.
The box was had absolutely no insulation. He just threw it in a box. Not in a bag or any sort of container. Just threw it in a box with a handfull of shredded newspaper and some sort of "shirt". It had a piece of shredded paper stuck to the "aqualid" (sorry, dont know the technical term) of his eye. The only thing that made any sense was a heat pack that was in there, but even that was an 8 hour pack for a 2-3 day trip. Its 20 deg outside.
It was completely limp and lifeless and not breathing when it arrive. My wife and I both thought it was dead. He talked about how healthy it was, but its almost emaciated. Just out of chance I took it downstairs and put it under a heat lamp. 2 hours later, MIRACULOUSLY, its showing signs of life. Not sure yet whether or not the poor little guys gonna make it but we'll see. He can hardly hold his head up as of now.
Moral of this story? Never, ever, ever buy an animal from Cody Snider. Nor would I even sell one to him. He has absolutely no reguard for life. And all to save $30 in shipping. So now Im spending my New Years Eve doing my best to nurse it back to health.

Paul Kent
Sorry I saw that and didnt read much more..

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!