Bad Guy mike fields is a horrible business man - Page 15 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-11-2008, 01:55 PM   #141
shurkahnzz
My try at business with them was last year they were selling a two headed turtle and I contacted them asked best price they gave me a good price that I felt was fair. So when I asked about meeting in person to see the turt before purchase since I was in their area at the time for a few weeks they refused and said they will ship only. so I did not go through with it. I have never had a two headed shipped and must see it in person before purchase to make sure it is healthy and then I would take it and this way no worries about shipping or anything else cause after I walked out door with turt all guarantees are off they still said no! Found out later they never even had it it was someone else's and it kicked the bucket

Old 11-11-2008, 01:55 PM   #142
shurkahnzz
sorry forgot to sign Bob James Schneider

Old 11-12-2008, 02:23 PM   #143
MikeCurtin
I've heard of poor customer service problems, but this is the first I've heard of any blatant scam attempts. Could you post details, emails, etc.? If you happened to have kept them of course

Old 11-16-2008, 12:42 PM   #144
Black Pearl Reptiles
I just came upon this post and although I think people get the point, I do have some relevant info.

I had an experience similar to Vinny. I purchased a pair of adult CB Black White Lip Pythons from Mike and Danielle a little over a year ago. The snakes arrived safely and in an appropriate shipping box. The female had good body weight and was in apparent good health. The male on the other hand was thin and had an obvious and unnatural-looking lump in his abdomen. I immediately contacted Mike and Danielle and was told he was mistakenly given an inappropriately large-sized meal by an employee the day before shipping and they were very apologetic. I gave them the benefit of the doubt and waited a week for the meal to digest. A week later, the lump was still there- clearly not a meal. After some communication back and forth, we agreed that I would ship the male back for a cash refund. Actually getting the money back was a huge pain. It took a lot longer than it should have and communication was poor. I will say that eventually I did get the money refunded and I consider the case closed. I only bring it up to further supplement some of the other experiences being shared here.

I did not save any of the old emails, and I have no "proof", I am just relating my dealings with Danielle and Mike. They did eventually take care of me, but I took exception to the quality of animals they sent me and the way they communicate.

I never raised this issue with Mike and Danielle at the time, but I also later found worms in the stool of my female. I never made a big deal out of it, because I just wanted to move on.

I'm not saying this is the case, because I have no way to prove otherwise, but I wonder if Mike or Danielle would like to write a bit about selling "captive bred" animals that arrive with "wild-caught" symptoms? Abdominal lumps? Worms in stool? Ticks? Mites?

John Michels
Black Pearl Reptiles

Old 11-18-2008, 06:22 AM   #145
jeff866
5 Dead Water Monitors

To Whom This May Concern,

I bought 5 Water Monitors from Mike Fields. They all died within a week. This was about a year ago. They were angry that I bothered them, and said it was definitely my husbandry. Thus, I explained my husbandry, which was dead on. Thus, they requested pictures of my setup. So I sent them pictures. In one picture they saw a thermometer reading 100 degrees. They said that was way too cold, and I killed them. Trust me, I had the correct temps. I had a temperature hot spot of up to 140 degrees if they chose to bask. I sent them pictures of the dead animals as I was told to do by Mike.

When I got them, they all came with RI. I had a vet look at them and he said they came with the RI. I thought it could have happened in shipping. The Vet said no, they would not get RI so fast and die so fast.

All my other reptiles that I bought from other sources are living fine including 2 other Water Monitors.

I figure I deserve it, because I fell for their good prices, so I left it alone until I started reading these threads. I see I am not alone in being sent sick animals. Also, Mike bullied me not to post. He actually called a friend in the business to tell me not to post.

Are they still in business? I don't see them advertising on Kingsnake anymore. Or, did they just switch names again?

If they are still in business they owe me $250.

Jeff Goldstein
Chicago Herp Society

Old 02-25-2009, 07:47 AM   #146
Gamergod1982
just saw mike fields not long ago in miami, said he was changing his business name again (imagine that) he's presently trying to pass off some red tail boas; one with mouth rot or something and the other with part of it's tail missing. i can see why he needs to change his business name so much since he seems to only pick the worst looking animals he can find in miami then pawn them off as captive born and in great health

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!