sunshine dragons..good or not... - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 08-04-2008, 05:39 AM   #1
rbailey2941
sunshine dragons..good or not...

i had recently talked to sunshine dragons for 2 and a half hours and he seems like a nice guy and all you can never really be sure.... i mean he seems sincere...but after lookin on here i see some people saying negative things others say positive.... i just dont know...... some people say his colony is infected with adeno virus... but all of that dates back to 2006... is adeno virus still a threat... im a first time buyer who eventually wants to get into breeding. i have owned many reptiles before and never any problems but i wanna make sure i get a healthy babie.... also i was looking at his because of such awesome colors, and bright colors..... so yay or nay.... is the question.... i have read everything that is needed to know like coccidia(cant spell it) is common in most bearded dragons just in low levels and you shouldnt treat for low levels as it can hurt them more than the actually parasite is. but should i go through them or no....also i was looking at dragonwhispers... what about them wich one should i go through im no worried about price just quality...

Old 08-05-2008, 07:22 PM   #2
prater
good to ask

well i know from personal experance that dragon whispers has done me well prices seem a lil high on some but you get a birth certifacate that tells the bloodlies and they are vet tested befor sale.good luck

Old 08-05-2008, 09:04 PM   #3
citruslover
The purchase of a quality dragon is a tremendous leap of faith, I had the same questions last year and suffered some buyers remorse. The dragons turned out awesome, but I think it is important to establish your own relationship with a breeder and let them win you over on their own merits. The internet is full of negative people who take advantage of anonymity.
All that being said, I would ask for a recent picture of the baby, and its parents for the kind of price you are considering. Let the breeder know your concerns about the quality to price ratio, and let people know if you are satisfied in the end.

Good luck

btw... I was uneasy about fireandicedragons, but the proof was in the product

Old 08-06-2008, 09:58 AM   #4
Drache613
Hello

Hello,

It is always a good idea to do a good amount of research prior to purchasing a dragon as well as talk to the breeder as much as possible too.
The coccidia normally is not an issue & they tend to have low levels of it in their systems as normal gut flora & bacteria that does not bother them unless stress takes over & it gets too high in number & needs to be treated. Usually, unless the animal is not eating or flourishing, treatment should not be given as alot of times the meds are harder on their system than not medicating them.
As far as Adeno virus goes, alot of the breeders do not test, but some do. You can always ask the breeder to test for you & if they are not willing to do so, then reconsider purchasing from them. There is no need to spread it around unnecessarily. Sunshine did have it in their colonies awhile back, yes. As to whether or not they cleaned up their colony I don't know. I do know that they were brought up on it so they may have cleaned up their colony after that but I do not think that they are testing for it, no.

Good luck.

Tracie

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!