Got a kindof discouraging shipment today - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Closed Thread

Old 04-03-2008, 11:11 PM   #1
hoppingherps
Got a kindof discouraging shipment today

I bought 7 Female 06 ball pythons from I thought Providence reptiles, but low and behold the box I received today was labeled from Ballroom south I think you all know the name of the guy that owns the company. I do not know if ballroom south is letting providence reptiles use there account or what. All I know is I got a 15 x 11 x 7 box w/ the thinner insulation. All snakes were put in one large pillow case together and of course some evacuated during shipment and fecal matter was from the top of the box to the bottom. The bag was soaked in fecal from top to bottom so I just cut the bag open and took all the cold snakes out of it. The smell was horrible and NO HEAT PACK AT ALL. These snakes were very cold, and not to mention most are very thin. The pics and weights on his website were very miss leading. I did get my snakes, and on the day he said I would ,but as for proper shipping for the animals I believe that this was not accomplished and some of the snakes are very thin. I left a message saying I got them cold, but really did not elaborate on how I really felt about the whole thing. Once they get settled in I will see if they eat. I really hope everybody thinks twice about proper shipping methods some breeders use from now on.

Old 04-03-2008, 11:53 PM   #2
LadyOhh
Did you tell the seller anything before posting something like this on the BOI?

Old 04-04-2008, 12:00 AM   #3
hoppingherps
shipment

I emailed ballroom south about the whole thing with there label being used for it, and how the snakes came. I am not saying anything bad about ballroom south they could just be doing a favor for another company, I am just stating the facts about how I received the snakes. I am not in the best of moods about how they came in. I did email the owner of providence about how they came cold but left it at that. I did receive all alive as I stated above but the fact that most are really underweight and were just packed in the same bag with no heat pack really did not seem to be the best shipping to me. I am not asking for any refunds or anything like that I just wanted to inform everybody about how these snakes were shipped. Thankyou for your reply,
Michael Wells

Old 04-04-2008, 12:04 AM   #4
DThomas
The business's/person's name needs to be in the thread title. Please start a new thread in the correct format.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread