Info Thomas Tremain, Portland Oregon, USA - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-29-2010, 08:30 PM   #1
lilbit71
Thomas Tremain, Portland Oregon, USA

anyone did a transaction with this guy he has a few snakes that look pretty good that i have been looking for just wondering if anyone has did any business with him.

Old 08-29-2010, 08:46 PM   #2
Bleepr
I have. I wouldn't ever again. He wont be afraid to bend you over a table to get what he wants.

Old 08-29-2010, 09:00 PM   #3
Shadera
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleepr View Post
I have. I wouldn't ever again. He wont be afraid to bend you over a table to get what he wants.
Please elaborate?

Old 08-29-2010, 09:18 PM   #4
ttremain
Brent sold me 3 "female" ball pythons that turned out to be males. He got upset when I demanded my money back. We had to go to house of Reptiles in Tigard to have them probed by a third party.

Technically I'm in Vancouver, WA.. The mail hub is Portland.

Old 08-29-2010, 09:19 PM   #5
lilbit71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleepr View Post
can you tell me what you mean? i mean i made a offer on a package and he responded right away telling me he will take my deal and my offer on a payment plan even send his paypal account name. i sent a message back asking if he has any references because i cant seem to find out anything about him and yet to hear back from him.

Old 08-29-2010, 09:22 PM   #6
lilbit71
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttremain View Post
Brent sold me 3 "female" ball pythons
Is Brent a worker of his? From the email he sent me it sounds like hes a hobbyist i seen his website and from the look of it hes not a serous breeder but i can be wrong.

Old 08-29-2010, 09:23 PM   #7
Bleepr
He bought some snakes from me off craigslist (as I was just getting into balls), and when he found out they weren't what he expected, he threatened to sue me.

To be fair, I did sell him unsexed snakes that were sold to me as females. I sold them to him as females, and when he sexed them they were all males. It happens, and my inexperience made me have to much faith in the guy I bought them from.

What makes me never want to deal with him again, or even associate with anything of his what that he jump right to suing me. Didn't care what I had to say, or about any explanation. I eventually took the snakes back after giving him a refund when then snakes were professionally sexed at a local shop.

Old 08-29-2010, 09:25 PM   #8
Bleepr
And no, I'm not a breeder, I'm a hobbist and was reducing my collection.

Old 08-29-2010, 09:35 PM   #9
ttremain
Yes, I threatened to take Brent to small claims court, but only after he refused to take care of his "mistake", when he told me it was my problem not his.

I'm sorry Brent, but a man is only as good as his word.

Old 08-29-2010, 09:40 PM   #10
Bleepr
"The buyer beware" Tom.

I admit, I should've had them sexed, and that was my fault, but there was never any intention to mislead. I bought them as females, I sold them as females. I understand the frustration, however, do you think I went back to the guy I bought them from and threatened to sue him? No.

Your frustrations were understandable, your actions were not.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!